mountainman 14-Mar-19
Bou'bound 15-Mar-19
BowJangles 23-Oct-19
Nick Muche 23-Oct-19
t-roy 23-Oct-19
BowJangles 24-Oct-19
Quinn @work 24-Oct-19
14-Mar-19
Sorry if this is the wrong spot. Please move/delete if so.

Anyway, I've got a Musk Ox hunt coming up with Ameri-Cana in 2020 in Nunavut. I was hoping to take one with the recurve but I'm hearing this might not be kosher. I looked at the Nunavut Fish and Game regs and it doesn't say no recurves. It does say: anything prescribed, under section 84 of the Criminal Code, as a “prohibited firearm”, “restricted firearm”, “prohibited weapon”, “prohibited device” or “prohibited ammunition."

Anybody here know what's what with recurves in Nunavut or have any experience hunting with them that far north? I've put a call into Game and Fish just to be on the safe side.

14-Mar-19
This is from the Nunavut Hunting Regulations. Doesn't restrict type of bow, just poundage, broadhead...

"Bow Hunting for Big Game Bow hunting for big game is permitted in Nunavut subject to the same regulations as hunting with a firearm. Draw weight must be at least 20 kg at 700 mm draw. Arrows must have a broadhead point width of at least 25 mm at the widest point or a barbless three-bladed bodkin head and must not contain any explosive."

Russ

14-Mar-19
Have fun. One of those true adventure hunts if you are going in the spring

14-Mar-19
Ahhh. Perfect! Thank you. Not sure what I was reading but it definitely wasn't that. Do you have a link by chance?

Thanks again Russ!

14-Mar-19
Yes sir, the hunt is in March! Super hyped to get this one going.

14-Mar-19

Adrenaline Russ's Link
hope this works...

14-Mar-19
Perfect. That says I'm legal so I'm all set! Thanks man!

14-Mar-19
I believe you are thinking of Greenland in regards to traditional bows not being kosher.

15-Mar-19
yes you shoot greenland muskox in Nunavut but not muskox in greenland with recurves. the irony of it.............

23-Oct-19
Ok guys, my Musk Ox hunt is fast approaching and I need to hear about some gears lists from the vets. What are you guys packing?

-Eric

23-Oct-19
Warm clothes! Bunny Boots. Never been on a guided musk ox hunt so not sure what the outfitter is providing but it would be best to look into it soon.

23-Oct-19
You might reach out to medicineman (Jake) Seems there was a beaver hat that had gone on several muskox hunts over the years, with a few different bowsiters. Not sure if it’s still in circulation or not.

24-Oct-19
Nick, I'm picking up some Baffin boots and gloves. The outfitter has the heavy parka and pants for rent and I was gonna go that route. I was more interested in what kinds of base layers along with sock combos you guys were using. I could image sitting for 4-5 hours on a snowmobile in -40 gets pretty cold. I reached out to the outfitter for a specific gear list but I'd rather hear from the fellas here. Congrats again on that Billy!

Thanks for the suggestion Troy! I'll reach out.

24-Oct-19
PM Medicineman I'm sure he'd be glad to help.

• Sitka Gear