Surfbow 13-May-19
elkocd 13-May-19
jordanathome 13-May-19
Aluminum Rain 13-May-19
hunt'n addict 13-May-19
Outdoorsdude 14-May-19
msinc 16-May-19
12-May-19
Getting a new pair of boots for this falls hunts and want some opinions. I really like the Lowa zephyr hi, but not convinced yet. Hunts will be hogs down south, whitetails in OH and KS, Elk in CO and Brown bear on the peninsula.

12-May-19
Lowa , best I’ve ever owned. My brother has a pair of Kenetreks and says his next pair will be Lowa Tibet’s .

12-May-19
Look the line of crispy Boots before you make a choice. They're worth paying attention to.

12-May-19
Both make high quality boots, try both on and see which fits your foot better. Hands down the Lowa Tibet’s for me.

12-May-19
Lowas Tibet gtx

12-May-19
Lowa for sure. I have 4 different styles of Kenetrek’s, do not a hater for sure. and they are (good) boots. Just not the best. Lowa, Crispi and others are better. Kenetrek’s have too much heel lift. IMNTBHO

12-May-19
I have owned both. They are both great boots. I wear Lowas now ! Hunt

12-May-19
Lowa here.

12-May-19
neither are my favorite, however they both make decent boots.

12-May-19
I suggest looking at Hanwag too. I like my Hanwag Alaska's better than my Lowa Tibets.

12-May-19
Crispi

12-May-19
I had Kenetreks for 1 day and returned them. I felt like I was on high heals and was super ackward and almost dangerous on rocks/steep slopes. They would also be super tough to stalk quietly with thick soles. I've been using and abusing Lowas for years. Some Lowas are better than others. The fewer stitching you have in the boots the less likelihood you'll have stitching problems if you spend much time in wet grass. I've also heard a lot of great things about Crispis but they are super expensive. For the $ Lowas are tough to beat. Lowas also come in different widths...and I prefer wider boots with more room for my toes. I would advise hiker style boots rather than full length..they are lighter weight and you'll be able to stalk a lot quieter and easier!

12-May-19
I swear by my Lowa Renegade’s, while a buddy swears by his Kenetrek’s. Boots are one thing I would advise to never buy based on someone else’s preference. We’re all different, and what’s s the “best” for one may be the absolute worst for another.

12-May-19
I converted from Lowa to Crispi last year. Gave up on Soloman’s BS claim of “water resistant”.

12-May-19
Loved my Lowa Tibet's until I literally walked out of the soles on a hunt last year. Granted they were 9 years old and I had not worn them in several years......which apparently is not good for them to sit.

12-May-19
I love my kennetrek, u can see from the thread most like lowa. Try both and pick what fits best

12-May-19
Long time Lowa guy here, but jumped to Crispi last year and love their boots. Never could get Kene’s to work for me, though they are a great boot. It’s all about what works for you...

12-May-19
Forgot to mention that I've also had good results with Scarpas. They generally run narrow which doesn't work as well for my particular feet. I would also advise gutting the insoles that comes with your boots. Just about any insoles you buy are better than what they come with (including Lowas and Scarpas!).

12-May-19
Crispi...2 pairs and love them!

12-May-19
I love my Kennetreks. I agree with a lot of folks try different boots. Everyone's feet are different. If you buy the wrong pair on a serious mountain hunt it won't be very pleasurable.

12-May-19
Lowa

12-May-19
Kenetrek boots took a minute to get used to but I love my Mountain Extremes. I have beat them to death for years and they're still doing great. They might outlast my elk hunting days! I’d love to try the Lowas but these Kenes just won’t die.

12-May-19
I used to be a fan of Lowa, then I found a boot that really really works for me. Now I don’t feel that either Lowa or Kenetrek make a boot stiff enough. I wear scarpa Mont Blanc now and love them. Tibet’s are close but just don’t work as well for my foot.

12-May-19
Wow you guys are awesome, thanks for the replies. Im gonna be checking out a few different brands now I guess

12-May-19
Crispi

12-May-19
Lowa's fit my feet better. Very happy with my tibets. Kennetreks for some some reason don't fit me well.

13-May-19
I have both, started with Kennetreks and went through the notorious heel blister issue but I have LOVED them since then. I can hike all day and my feet feel fresh at the end. I bought Lowa Tibets and can see why some people like them better, they feel just as rugged but have a little more flex and you can feel the terrain under your feet a little more. One weird thing for me is I have had the same blister issue with the Lowa's. The weird thing is it doesn't tear up my heels as bad, but it has lasted longer than with the Kennetreks, so I still have to be very careful about my sock system and taping up my heels. They're both great boots.

13-May-19
Kenetreks for me have become my favorite of all time, although I haven't ever owned Lowa to compare. Last year I went in with the intention of buying a pair of Crispi's but they just didn't feel good on my feet in the store and I walked out with a pair of Kenetreks. 30 miles later I thought I had made a mistake. But they stated up front that it takes 50 miles to break them in so I stuck with the program and now love them. Heel slip is no longer an issue. I believe that most of the people that complain about Kenetreks didn't get them broken in properly. That being said, I agree with those that say boots are a personal purchase. What is best for my foot won't necessarily be best for yours. The only way you are going to find your own best boot is to try them. Kenetrek, Lowa, and Crispi are certainly all among the high quality choices available.

13-May-19
Kenetreks for me. Had a pair of Lowa tibets first but they leaked within a couple years. Somehow my Kenetreks have help up over 7 seasons of hard use. They look like they are ready to fall apart but I think I'll get one more season out of them. They are spendy but a great investment. Try them both on, everyones feet are a bit different and one will be better than the other for you.

13-May-19
LOWA are the best boots I have ever owned.

13-May-19
You bout gotta try em for yourself . Lowa hurt my feet if I have on a load . My friend and I both got Kenetrek at the same time . Mine have been excellent , he can’t hardly wear his due to blisters .

13-May-19
I had a pair of Lowa's, didn't even make a year and I would get wet feet. Bit the bullet and bought a pair of Kenetrek's , now own 3 pair. After wearing both for me the Kenetreks were a much better boot for the mountains

13-May-19
Zamberlan

13-May-19
I liked the Kenetreks for my feet and ankles, but had two separate pairs develop leaks within a couple seasons. They did replace one pair and fix the other, but I was on backcountry hunts when each got wet. I have also used Lowas, but not a comparable model. Switched to Zamberlan this year and will probably never use anything else again.

13-May-19
I have a pair of Asolo's now and love 'em.

13-May-19
Lowa all day and twice on Sunday. No boot should take 50 plus miles to break in.

13-May-19
Just got a new pair of Lowas Tibet gtx this spring with the Lathrop custom footbeds. Best money I have spent in a long time.

14-May-19
So, my wife had her Lowas [Renegade] for 9 yrs, then the soles delaminated -- but 9yrs of elk hunting!

My Lowas [Camino] blew out two days into their second season, owned them 1yr 3months- but past the "one year warranty" and they were very FIRM on that call!

16-May-19
I have Kennetreks. Zero break in time, no heel {or anywhere else} blisters. Never have gotten cold feet and I hunt the cold in a tree stand. I have very high arches and these boots have a nice arch in them. I can see someone with flat feet feeling like they don't fit as good as they should. My problem, and it has nothing to do with Kennetrek, is that the place where I got mine told me that they do not manufacture wide sizes. I later found that this was not true. I am one of those guys that is a "borderline" wide size. Some boots that are made a little wider work fine for me. It happens that these are just a little wider and work okay, but I would have rather had wide. I tried a pair of Cabela's Meindl boots and they are definitely narrow. I definitely would have needed a wide in those. Boots are really different though for different people...you really need to go somewhere where you can try them on and walk around a little.

• Sitka Gear