Contributors to this thread:
cwater 13-May-19
Dale06 13-May-19
ROUGHCOUNTRY 13-May-19
JohnMC 13-May-19
Shug 13-May-19
Ben 13-May-19
13-May-19
I know it says Western Kansas.....but i'm sure all goats pretty much act the same no matter what state they are in so.......There is about a 99% chance a buddy and I will be chasing these bad boys this season with our bows! We have managed to score some private ground that is supposed to hold a good number of goats.....that being said, i've never hunted them. I know its going to be a hard hunt with out a doubt. But i'm looking for any tips, tricks and tactics that have worked for anyone on here in the past!

13-May-19
Find water holes and fence crossings. Put up pop up blinds, if possible, a few days before your hunt. If there is cattle in the pasture you need to fence in the blind, or cattle, out of curiosity will knock the blind down. Get a very comfortable chair, not one of those tripod ball busters. Get in blind before sunrise with a cooler with water and appropriate food and be prepared to sit all day. I’ve arrowed them at sun up and early afternoon. It seems that prime time has been 10 am till 3pm, but they can come anytime. I like to take a book to read, as sits can be long. They are a very cool animal to bowhunt.

13-May-19
I've hunted out of blinds and spot and stalk and the latter is 1000 times funner than sitting in a hot blind all day. With that being said, if you're relegated to a small piece of ground or low numbers both of which are probable with your situation, then you'll probably have to sit. Reading a book and sweating your arse off all day with a frozen jug of water is more like Cool Hand Luke being thrown in the hole:)

13-May-19
Dale is spot on. Find a spot they are watering, look for tracks around tanks, cameras on tank, ask rancher where he see them going to water. Two things that can really hurt your odds. First is rain if wet doubt they come to water. Seconds is there is lots of water around for example - creeks, ponds, multiply water tanks for them to choose from. Spot and stalk is fun but very low percentage. Especially if terrain is not suitable for it and in Western KS I doubt it will be.

13-May-19
Elevated stands for antelope are great weather it’s a tripod or stand in a windmill some how.

They give a great field of view let ya get away with some movement if needed and are a little cooler than a pop up

13-May-19
The fence crossing I have hunted in Kansas netted lots of 50 yard shots. The Lope would stop at 50 yds. then look, run like hell and slide under the fence, then stop about 50 yds. into the alfalfa field. Water on the other hand worked very good netting close shots out of a popup.

• Sitka Gear