HUNT MAN 15-May-19
JTreeman 15-May-19
bad karma 15-May-19
Ermine 16-May-19
bad karma 16-May-19
fubar racin 16-May-19
Timbow 18-May-19
15-May-19
Which kifaru pack and frame can handle moose quarters, but will mostly be used for 1-7 day elk hunts.

15-May-19

standswittaknife's embedded Photo
standswittaknife's embedded Photo
I used my exo mountain frame and it did just fine. I’d say the the closest to that would be the hunter frame would be good. That being said I’ll probably never go back to Alaska without a hard framed pack with a bench. It was tons more useful than my exo. We could roll up our boat, hook our small 5 hp motor, as well as use the frame as a platform to help move quarters when they are in precarious places. Just my $.02... best

15-May-19
Duplex frame, grab it and some lashing straps. Put quarter in game bag, tuck into the Grab it and lash it to frame with the lashing kit.

Use whatever bag you’d like.

15-May-19

HUNT MAN's embedded Photo
HUNT MAN's embedded Photo
Reckoning for me! Lots of straps and meat shelf. Here is camp and half a elk in one.

15-May-19
Nick has good advice

15-May-19
What Nick said. If you want a little more you could use the Cargo Panel. The important part is the Duplex frame. Get whatever you want for bag size/style.

—Jim

15-May-19
Call Aron Snyder and ask him.....either at Kifaru or on his cell. Or Frank Peralta. Aron has published his cell number all over Facebook so I'll give it to you. 720-937-1418.

Good luck.

16-May-19
I use a EMR 2 bag on a duplex frame. Will carry heavy as your legs/body can handle.

16-May-19
Ermine has it right. The frame will carry more than your knees can withstand. Your question is just what bag do I want.

16-May-19

fubar racin's embedded Photo
fubar racin's embedded Photo
This is my 4’10” wife with an entire mule deer buck in her mmr duplex combo, if she can do that with a duplex a grown man in decent shape will do fine with a moose quarter.

18-May-19
The bag doesn't have much to do with it, just pick a model that fits your needs. The frame is where it's at when hauling heavy loads. The Kifaru frames are as good as it gets. Just make sure to get a tall enough frame to get good lift from your load lifters and a harness/belt that fits properly. Aaron has a couple videos on Youtube about fitting their frames to your body and if you have any other questions he's really helpful over the phone. I did a ton of research before I dropped the money on a Duplex hunter frame and Timberline bag. I have zero regrets and it's handled everything I've put in it with as much comfort as 120-150 pounds can be.

• Sitka Gear