skookumjt 17-May-19
nvgoat 17-May-19
wyobullshooter 17-May-19
M.Pauls 18-May-19
Bake 18-May-19
Arrowflinger 18-May-19
Whocares 18-May-19
16-May-19
Having trouble getting a sight tape for a single pin slider black gold. Tapes that came with not even close to what my chronograph says. I rechecked at 20 today, perfect, then backed out to 70. Can't find a tape that even comes close to where it hits at 40 or 50 then.???? now what

16-May-19
What I did was.. before I put the tape on.. I used a silver sharpie and shot at 20 to 70 and made little hashes on my sight where the tape will go. Then I found the tape that was the closest. and put the tape over my hash marks.. OR you could just make one.. use a piece of label from a label maker.. and a fine sharpie

16-May-19
Thats just it, the tapes I have that came with the sight are not even close to being correct. I will shoot perfect at 20 and 70. 30, 40, 50, and 60 are all off. The 40 and 50 way off. May just have to make my own, but to write that small, oh boy...

16-May-19
just put a dot.. and then write a '2' for 20 yards a '3' for 30 and so on.. or just make hashes and know what each one is for

16-May-19
Blank paper and shoot in every yardage

16-May-19
I hate to say this but if a tape is right at 20 and 70 but off in the middle and a couple distances being "way off". Good chance it is the Indian...

16-May-19
I never use a pre made tape...the sight is made to match the way I shoot...not the other way around. There is also no reason for 5 yard increments on todays bows. I don`t even right a yardage....just make a mark. Pretty sure if you`re familiar with your equipment you can tell what each mark represents.

17-May-19
the premade ones can be right, but if not, just use a label a label maker. its easy to do. I do just like COHOYTHUNTER and use dots. although mine pretty much sits at 25 yards...

Craig

17-May-19
Likely the Indian....

17-May-19
Agree with "its the Indian" . May be some change in form at the 70 mark. Makes no sense to have 20 and 70 on and all in between off.

Also agree with make your own. Pretty easy.

17-May-19
Yep, as long as you have the tape properly attached and your pin correctly adjusted for both the shortest and longest yardage you’ve sighted in, everything in between should be money.

Unlike the others, I’ve used the preprinted tape for years on both my single-pin and 3-pin Ascents. The fps markings on the tapes DO NOT represent the speed your bow actually chronographs. They’re simply used as a starting point. This is explained in the instructions that come with the sight. There are several videos you can also google that explain the process. It sounds complicated at first, but once you start messing with it, it’s extremely fast and easy

18-May-19
Just want to add to the “it’s the Indian” comment. This will likely lead to a very frustrating time of “making your own tape”. Work on form and consistency, it will be very rewarding!! Good luck!

18-May-19
I’ve only done the tape once. On a Spott Hogg. I did 20 and 60 and it works like a charm out to 90. Which was the farthest I shot

I’m currently shooting in the string in my Vertix. Haven’t tinkered with the tape yet. But I’ll shoot 20 and 60. Then leave it on 60 most of the time.

18-May-19
I used the tape that came with my HHA sight and it works very well from 20 to 60 yards.

18-May-19
I've also used the tapes that came with HHA sights on 3 different bows and they are right on. I would guess the trick is be confident of your 60 yard position as well as the 20 yd on the sight in tape before selecting the actual tape for you and your bow.

• Sitka Gear