South Farm 09-Jun-20
loprofile 10-Jun-20
elknailer 10-Jun-20
jingalls 10-Jun-20
17-May-19

eBike John's embedded Photo
eBike John's embedded Photo

eBike John's Link
Hi Guys, I just published a new book on the benefits of electric hunting bikes. I'm giving it away for free mainly for the exposure for my store and offer some value. I thought I'd share the download link here in case any of you are interested enough to have a read of it. Thanks John

17-May-19
Good for you, John. Mine was sure a game-changer this spring riding in and out of my distant turkey spots twice a day for two weeks.

Funniest thing was when I would accidentally ride up on some birds, they would often just stand there and watch, sometimes not even getting up from their loafing beds.

17-May-19
Just read the book - outstanding. I would like to know more about the challenges of operating ebikes in muddy and wet conditions. More so about the motor, cleaning, etc. than the actual ride.

17-May-19
I used one for a few days in the mountains of BC for a spring spot and stalk black bear hunt. What a great tool. Rode right by all kinds of game and mostly they just lifted their head and looked. Truly, ebikes can be a "game changer" in the mountains in the right circumstances.

17-May-19
loprofile, thanks for taking the time.

Riding in mud with those fat tires really is no bother, just make sure you have fenders. The cleaning is similar to a regular bike, as long as you don't use a pressure hose the bike will be fine. Some people are super cautious and wipe everything down with a damp cloth, but even a low pressure hose will be fine and won't cause any issues if you try to avoid the electric switches on the handle bars. It's water resistant rather than water proof. Most ebike manufacturers recommend removing the battery before rinsing, and stick a cloth in the area the battery connectors are.

The latest Bafang mid drive motors are tested under water and they run fine under water, while it's not advised to submerge the motor, water from cleaning won't cause any issues. Most people wait for the mud and dirt to dry, then brush it off and pass a wet cloth over the whole bike.

17-May-19

Ziek's embedded Photo
Ziek's embedded Photo
We bought ebikes last year to take on our RV trips. We needed something compact for travel, and bought Riese & Muller Tinkers. They only have 20" tires, but the Bosch CX high performance motor with Nuvinci hub and belt drive are pretty amazing. We just got back from Moab where we even rode some of the Slick Rock MB trail. We don't really have a need for hunting bikes, but if we did, I wouldn't hesitate.

17-May-19
nice pic Ziek. looks like fun was had!

17-May-19
Hunting is the only way I can get myself to exercise so an E bike would not be a good idea for me but I see the benefit for the western guys with all that ground to cover.

28-May-20
Dielectric grease on the connectors

09-Jun-20
Book nowadays is a very coming thing to use during the trips by listening to them by audio at your smartphone. But what is after reading a detective you want yourself to be just like Mr. Sherlock Holmes? https://www.hoverwatch.com/free-android-keylogger with price from €9.99 per month. And you will always know anything about your relative's text messages. Fill yourself as a great detective.

09-Jun-20
Come again???

10-Jun-20
Just read it again. Great resource.

10-Jun-20
thanks

10-Jun-20
He’s from Cali so...

• Sitka Gear