Contributors to this thread:
Shug 18-May-19
Bou'bound 18-May-19
Kurt 18-May-19
Shug 18-May-19
Kurt 18-May-19
x-man 20-May-19
18-May-19
Question for someone who knows...If I shortened both my string and single cam bus cable by twisting them would draw length remain the same... if not could I hope to get a 1/2” less in draw length?

Thanks

18-May-19
I have done that as a way to get more weight out of a bow and it has worked well. I am sure many will say it is bad to do or something but it has been a great way for me to add weight up to six plus pounds beyond a bottomed out max Mine was not single cam though

18-May-19
Shug, Google "The Nuts & Bolts of Archery" for a 159 page pdf on bow tuning. He has a specific chapter on Solo Cam tuning in there. Decent info. Good luck!

18-May-19
Thanks guys ... the reason I ask is I understand that by twisting the string I’ll shorten draw length / less draw weight but by twisting the buss am I just reversing what I did to the draw length

18-May-19
Shug, You are correct. Kurt

20-May-19
That is correct but. it's not a straight 1:1 ratio. We do this to keep the cam rollover synchronization at the optimal place in the draw cycle.

Twist the string until your draw length is where you want it. That should not affect the tune at all. Then...Twist the cable until the cam rollover keeps the least amount of vertical nock travel as the draw moves forward and/or back. You should have a draw board for this...taking the cable out of factory spec is not advised. Taking the string out of spec is no big deal.

It's much more in depth than that, but that's the short version answer for you.

• Sitka Gear