mountainman 04-Oct-19
mountainman 04-Oct-19
SD BuckBuster 04-Oct-19
Lost Arra 04-Oct-19
1boonr 06-Oct-19
SixLomaz 06-Oct-19
Bou'bound 06-Oct-19
27-Sep-19
What constitutes a whitetail slam and what organization manages the recognition and administration of the records. Are there any slammers in the bowsite ?

27-Sep-19
That is something Tom Miranda and company started pushing a few years back.Not sure who thought of it first tho. Supposedly 8 species of whitetail in N America. His organization was giving a plaque and recognition after you pay a chunk of money to register. I cant name all the species. Coues Whitetail Florida Whitetail

Regular whitetail-lol

27-Sep-19

27-Sep-19
http://www.tommiranda.com/whitetail-slam-1.php

27-Sep-19
Looks like i have 5 Subspecies at the moment.

27-Sep-19

KHNC's embedded Photo
map of area species
KHNC's embedded Photo
map of area species

27-Sep-19
Hmmm, I thought a whitetail slam was the sound it makes when you hit one with your truck.

27-Sep-19
I believe 4 out of the 8 recognized subspecies constitutes a “whitetail slam”

27-Sep-19
How about a cat "slam"?

27-Sep-19
Longbeard, you are correct. Get all 8 and its Ultimate Slam

27-Sep-19
Looks like a Regional map based on Geography more than anything else. Not sure how to differentiate between different sub species of whitetail though, especially when the definition of a species isn't completely agreed upon itself.

27-Sep-19
Thanks

27-Sep-19
By the map it looks like I have 3 different subspecies in my backyard in Central MN!

27-Sep-19
I call BS on different whitetail species my MA deer looked just like my VA deer.

27-Sep-19
I do think it interesting P&Y made 5 different caribou categories vs 2 whitetail.

27-Sep-19
Sounds like a menu item at Denny’s.

27-Sep-19
What is he rationale for getting credit for a deer slam with 50% of the species but on sheep and caribou you have to get them all.

27-Sep-19
$

27-Sep-19
money?

27-Sep-19
Your right nobody cares what you shoot unless you decide to enter it via subspecies. It’s just a goal for an individual hunter if he/she decides to participate.

Spike really? You can’t telll the difference between your MA deer and a Cous deer or a Florida Keys deer or a deer from Saskatchewan? C’mon man!!

27-Sep-19
I thought CT had an elusive species of WT? At least that’s what I gather from the live hunts.

27-Sep-19
12 yard, we may have hybrids here!! Now what?

27-Sep-19
It appears these seeds of discontent missed a rain.

27-Sep-19
Brotsky, if that’s the case, I have two......

27-Sep-19
What is the actual test to verify the sub-species? To me it looks like different states....if that`s the case I already qualify. Congratulations ME!!!

28-Sep-19
Seems like a bunch of make believe to me. Only one species and awful hard to differentiate from there between deer in ontario, Saskatchewan, BC, and nebraska. Likely due to the fact that they are all Odocoileus virginianus

30-Sep-19
Snuffer - The North American cat slam is Mt. Lion, Bobcat, and Lynx

30-Sep-19
Hey I’ve got five!!!!!!! I want my plaque!!!!

30-Sep-19
I can only imagine the complaints about area/region/borders. It will be worse than people whining about where the lines stop for Rio/Merriams/Easterns. Lame.

30-Sep-19
Under Brotsky's definition I have 6 whitetail slams. . . I think. Maybe it's 7. I also have 3 turkey slams under Brotsky's definition. I even have a quail slam.

The most elusive slam is the Crow slam. . . . and Yes, I even have one of those. I challenge all of you to hit a crow with a car. I bet you can't. Only really excellent driver/hunters like myself can pull it off.

30-Sep-19
“The most elusive slam is the Crow slam. . . . and Yes, I even have one of those. I challenge all of you to hit a crow with a car. I bet you can't. Only really excellent driver/hunters like myself can pull it off.”

I have done it bake. I can take you to the exact spot on the exact road

30-Sep-19
:) I can do the same Bigswivle. I remember being absolutely shocked at the time. In the crow's defense, it was a straight stretch on a little traveled country highway, and I was in a hurry

30-Sep-19
Longbeard I said MA and VA. I’m sure Key deer and Sask deer do look different but not VA deer.

30-Sep-19
All I've gotten out of this thread so far is that it must suck to be Bake's car insurance guy! :-)

30-Sep-19
Bake, I too have the crow slam and I could take you to the spot. It scared the hell out of me because I only had about a .003 second warning. He hit the windshield right in front of my rear view mirror and I was 150 yards down the road when he hit the highway. I couldn’t believe he didn’t break the windshield.

30-Sep-19
Crow slam spam, you crow guys need to move up to a turkey vulture. Hah!

Que the guys that have hit pelicans and eagles... :)

30-Sep-19
I can 1 up the crow slam I have 2 mallard slams 1 pintail slam and 1 gadwall slam and a chicken hawk slam.

30-Sep-19
Brotsky . . . You have no idea. I broke two back windows in a two week period. 6 months later I broke it again. And two months after that, broke it again

I once broke a 1.5 karat diamond. I &$@) you not.

30-Sep-19
PA slam in a Longbeard, black bear, whitetail harvest all in same year.

I know one guy who substituted a black bear with a trout one year and framed it ??

30-Sep-19
My auto body guy sends me Christmas cards

30-Sep-19
Looks like a few around here have some slams!

30-Sep-19
It’s a gimmick and a bunch of BS

30-Sep-19
LOL Bake, everyone needs a best customer! :-)

I see I have successfully derailed another thread with my Tom foolery. Carry on with your slamming Bowsiters!

01-Oct-19
Think we’re all being a little unfair here: Although Whitetail Slam organization has coopted the term “slam” from Grand Slam Club Ovis, there is at least an organization where folks register their deer hunting accomplishments. OK, it’s not SCI or GSCO but I think it’s actually kinda cool for hunters to set goals, and go accomplish them. I’ve hunted quite a bit and yet only have five of the species listed here. Also think it’s cool that Tom Miranda - who has the NA29 and went on 4x Desert Sheep hunts to collect his ram, yet understands that not everyone can afford to do that and is heavily involved in something most hunters can participate in.

01-Oct-19
According to that map I have 3 and they look the same lol

03-Oct-19
Spiral I agree it was good of tom to do this.

For only $20 per entry you can self certify bucks online and it’s only $100 to get a certificate. Very affordable way to recognize the accomplishment

03-Oct-19
I'll print a certificate for guys for only $25, mail it out the same day. No self certification necessary. I trust all bowhunters...

For an extra $100 I'll throw in a Bachelors degree in whatever field you choose, from the University of North Central Colorado.

03-Oct-19
Lou, can I get your PayPal...Lol

03-Oct-19
Well okay,clouds are blowing in,there is a chance.

04-Oct-19

mountainman's embedded Photo
mountainman's embedded Photo
This seems to be the most underutilized, although often most needed, slam. I'll only charge you 10 dollars.

04-Oct-19
Ok, 8 dollars.

04-Oct-19
Where I live in central MN I once shot a good WT and tracked it through 3 of the slam areas and then recovered. I only have one area left!

04-Oct-19
My WT slam: selfbow, longbow, recurve, compound, crossbow, spear/atlatl.

(the spear is a joke, especially with my shoulder joints)

06-Oct-19
The slam is another scoring system where a guy can see his own name in print and pay money for the privilege

06-Oct-19
follow the money trail boys ... just another scam, oops I meant slam.

06-Oct-19
Everyone is a cynic

• Sitka Gear