trakman 25-Dec-19
N-idaho 25-Dec-19
N-idaho 25-Dec-19
SteveB 25-Dec-19
LarryMorgan 22-Sep-22
22-Dec-19

SteveB's embedded Photo
SteveB's embedded Photo
Yesterday here in NE Ohio. A long string of these we’ve not seen before. Seems too big for a bobcat (which we have never seen here). Too small for a bear which we don’t have here either. Maybe a cougar (which we don’t have here either)? Photo doesn’t show well but it clearly has 4+ a pad. Claws above the fingers?

22-Dec-19
Looks like a coon.

22-Dec-19
Picture looks like superimposed raccoon tracks. Although they usually hate to walk in snow.

22-Dec-19
Well, it’s definitely going to be anyone’s guess. Is that the only picture of the track you have?

22-Dec-19
Can you see claws or toe nails in the prints? How far apart were the tracks? Do you have anymore pics?

22-Dec-19
If you can see claws it is not a cat.

22-Dec-19
Could that be where a squirrel sat down. The "pad" is actually his butt/tail and the claws are his feet?

22-Dec-19
While the odnr says there's no cougar I know a few people who have seen them. Probably young males that are traveling to a new home range would be my best guess. I've not heard of any that far north however. Post more / better pics?

22-Dec-19
I’d say not nearly big enough to be a lion track.

Since you said there was a long string of these… Were they in a straight line? Side-by-side?

Any chance they could be otter?

22-Dec-19
Fisher

22-Dec-19
What county of NE Ohio.... Have heard possibly Fishers and porcupines have been seen in Ashtabula county... From what I've read Fishers travel far and the are resurgent in NY, PA and WV now...

22-Dec-19
Otter, fisher would have claw marks. Depending on age porcupine the same

22-Dec-19
Slightly staggered pattern approx 2 feet apart In a pine thicket.. I’ve never heard of a fisher in our part of the country but that sure is a possibility. Our land is near a big creek that runs for miles into the Ohio river eventually which follows alongside a 50-60 acre swamp. It’s not a coon as my son is a trapper and has seen many thousands of coon tracks. I’m leaning more towards a small bear maybe that got kicked out this year? Or a fisher that has never been spotted around her prior.

22-Dec-19

SteveB's embedded Photo
SteveB's embedded Photo
The rear track is clearly K9 likely a Big coyote. Front track does not match coyote at all.

22-Dec-19
Not the best pic. Can't really see it well or if it has claws.. So if it don't have claw marks my guess is it's a bobcat or a fisher. Fisher are really hard to see their claw marks as they are very small/short when not extended outward.. so if you don't think you got fisher I'd say bobcat. Ed

22-Dec-19
2 feet apart is a helluva long stride for a mustelid, so I’m withdrawing Otter and would say the same for Fisher.

Definitely not a porky, either - not with a 2-foot stride.

If you’re certain it’s not canine, it’d have to be feline. Nothing else has legs that long.

22-Dec-19
The more I think about it I’m thinking either fisher or big bobcat. Bobcat rare around here and fisher I’ve never heard of one around. I did just go on and search and Ohio DNR has verified fishers now seen in Ohio counties bordering Pennsylvania and that is is.

23-Dec-19

Elite 1's embedded Photo
Elite 1's embedded Photo
Fisher

24-Dec-19
Thanks for all of the input! Leaning toward a very rare fisher at this point and will keep our eyes open for one!

24-Dec-19
Those are bobcat tracks. I see them every year in N.W. Pa. I live near the state line of Oh. and Pa. I even saw a fisher last year, just east of rt. 7 and south of 90. We are getting all kinds of interesting cridders here. Now that they did about 2-3 years ago, clearcutting. These areas are thicker than a jungle.

24-Dec-19
A giant fisher is 15 pounds, a small bear is 4 times that size. That said it is impossible to say with any certainty what those tracks are. If you get another snow event with a little more accumulation and come across the tracks again please repost!

24-Dec-19
It’s not a bear. A bears tear foot isn’t a roundish paw. It looks more like a humans foot. What it is truly unknown. But, it ain’t a bear from the pics you’ve posted.

24-Dec-19
Looks like a bobcat for me. But I never seen a fisher, so I have no experience with their track.

25-Dec-19

Michael12lv's Link
In my opinion, writing only drowns students’ wish to get higher education. Personally, I use research paper help to get may essays done and I am sure there are many students who do the same

25-Dec-19

Michael12lv's Link
In my opinion, writing only drowns students’ wish to get higher education. Personally, I use research paper help to get may essays done and I am sure there are many students who do the same

25-Dec-19
You will never see the claws on a bob cat

25-Dec-19
I run hounds and look at cat tracks all the time absolutely not cat of any kind. Maybe fisher or wolverine can’t tell for sure.

25-Dec-19
I run hounds and look at cat tracks all the time absolutely not cat of any kind. Maybe fisher or wolverine can’t tell for sure.

25-Dec-19
Consensus seems to be a fisher which is pretty cool as I’ve been here my whole life and have never seen one. Maybe that will change now. Thanks for all of the input!

22-Sep-22

LarryMorgan's Link
Thank you for creating such a useful article. A proofreading service can assist in the development of such error-free writing. dissertation writing service and essay writing service , on the other hand, can also be utilised for the same purpose.

• Sitka Gear