Dug Fur 07-Jun-20
Two Feathers 07-Jun-20
WV Mountaineer 08-Jun-20
White Falcon 08-Jun-20
mountainman 08-Jun-20
Cheesehead Mike 08-Jun-20
WI Shedhead 08-Jun-20
06-Jun-20
After 20 some years with a recurve and longbow I decided to go back to compounds, Elite Kure. And the pro shop guy is insisting I go with a quick detach system, which in the past always seemed noisy at the shot...anyhow just wondering if taking the quiver off the bow while in the treestand is the new normal. If you leave your quiver on please let me know what you're running, thanks

06-Jun-20
Hoyt two piece. No arrows in it on stand though. Only on spot n stalk

06-Jun-20
I have yet to shoot with my quiver on. I don't climb trees anymore but, when I did I had a quiver mount attached to the tree to snap the quiver in so it didn't fall. Now it just sits on the ground next to me.

06-Jun-20
I am strictly a tree stand hunter and always take mine off and hang it on the tree. I like the maneuverability and lighter weight. For me quick detach is the wat to go. Good luck.

06-Jun-20
take mine off tree stand or in ground blind. I have noticed when staking pronghorn or in a strong wind, if on, quiver acts like a sail and make the bow hard to hold steady. I do practice with quiver on and off just to see the difference or what I might have to do if I do have to shoot with it on. I have noticed, I have to be much more precise with my form/hand grip when shooting with quiver on.

06-Jun-20
Both on bow and off bow, depending on tree with my 5 arrow TightSpots. You have the advantage of less "stuff" moving around so you are less visible drawing with it off and there is less surface area for wind to push the bow around with it off.

Bloodtrail already stated the disadvantage if you need a second shot and arrows aren't on the bow.

06-Jun-20
I leave mine on all the time. Last thing I need is another piece of gear to remember about!

It makes a difference in wind and that's the only time I'd consider taking it off. I practice with it on all the time so I'm used to having it there. I just prefer having my arrows handy and stuff together!

06-Jun-20
Tight spot never leaves my bow, except when traveling. The sail in the wind comment is valid, but for me, the advantages of it always there far outweigh the disadvantages.

06-Jun-20
I’m with ki-ke on this, except I use a Mathews 2 pc quiver.

06-Jun-20
Always take off in treestand Always keep on when ground stalking

06-Jun-20
Nice to have the option. Make sure you like the type of connection and how secure it is. I usually take it off while in a treestand. For hunting out of my climber, I have a mount zip tied so it is right by my side.

06-Jun-20
Tight Spot on a Elite E35 and take it off and hang it white in the stand.

06-Jun-20

YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo
I always shoot with a quiver on. One less variable to mess with, break or lose. My Hoyt has a 2-piece quiver and I have a Q-Lite on my Mathews. Both are very solid!

06-Jun-20

White Falcon's embedded Photo
I leave the quivers on all my bows!

06-Jun-20
I’ve seen quite a few with counterweights on their quivers to help balance them. Thought it was a good idea, it make the whole setup a bit heavy. Personally use a Tight-Spot. Love the quick detach system and shoot with mine off, both at the range and in the field.

Try it both was and see which feels better to you. Would suggest whether you choose on or off to practice that way all the time.

06-Jun-20
Always leave mine on. G5. But zi also use a level bubble on sight to make sure the quiver isnt pulling me to oneside.

06-Jun-20
Always on. TightSpot for the last several years.

06-Jun-20
Anybody mount their quiver upside down for better balance?

06-Jun-20
Since most of my hunting is on the ground, I prefer a bow quiver; a Hoyt, 4 arrow, two piece. I've not yet found any quick detachable that is secure enough to keep the whole rig from vibrating at the shot. Shots tend to be a little farther when still hunting or spot and stalk, so I'm sure not going to worry about shorter shots from a stand. Accuracy is simply not an issue with a bow quiver, and if you're concerned about the wind, it's already blowing too hard to be shooting anyway.

06-Jun-20
So for the longest time I shot with a quiver on and I was a huge proponent of a good 2 piece quiver. I liked my arrows on the bow at all times.

Few years ago preparing for a bighorn sheep hunt above timberline I was looking at ideas of possibility of a shooting in strong winds

So I started using a 1 piece quiver. I would carry it in the bow but when it got close to when I might shoot it or a Stalk, I would remove the quiver and attach it to my belt. So that my arrows were right there all the time.

I have liked the system so have kept doing it. I spot and stalk don’t ever sit in a stand. But last few years been a fan of keeping the quiver mounted to my hip when I shoot. I can shoot with it on if needed but have gotten used to shooting without a quiver

Also for backpack hunts. I can take off the quiver and put on my pack. Lightens the load on my bow making a long hike in more Enjoyable on the arms

06-Jun-20
I use a 5 arrow tight spot. Always take it off when I am in a tree or ground blind. When I am stalking and being mobile I usually leave it on. I prefer shooting with it off, but practice with it on and off.

06-Jun-20
Used to be a take the quiver off guy until I went on a few non tree stand hunts out west and up north and started shooting with it on. It’s 2nd nature now and I can’t see ever taking it off. The newer, quality one piece quivers have very solid attach points and noise is not a factor. I went on a horseback moose hunt and my bow with the quiver on wouldn’t fit in the scabbard....was thankful for a removable then I could attach back quickly when I dismounted

06-Jun-20
On

06-Jun-20
Ermine, how are you attaching the quiver to your hip? Can you post a pic?

06-Jun-20
Quiver is always on. I like a two piece quiver much better. My go to bow right now is a Hoyt Carbon Defiant and I am using the Hoyt 2 piece 4 arrow quiver. works Great!

06-Jun-20
Always on. Put 4 arrows in to practice with so that balance is the same. Have multiple quivers I have used. Like the Apex Reactor XL currently

06-Jun-20
After dropping mine trying to get another arrow (long story) needless to say first time I ever took one off. Prefer to leave mine on .

06-Jun-20

Russell's embedded Photo
Russell's embedded Photo
Russell's embedded Photo
Yes I know that's a sloppy job of fiberglassing, but I ran out of epoxy. And decided that was good enough.
Russell's embedded Photo
Yes I know that's a sloppy job of fiberglassing, but I ran out of epoxy. And decided that was good enough.
Russell's embedded Photo
Russell's embedded Photo
A few years ago during a mountain hunt, the lesson learned I needed to lighten my load and simplify the quiver. The results was a modified two piece quiver to hold 4 arrows.

My objective was to have the quiver as close to vertical centerline of the bow and the most forward as possible. This should reduce the lateral asymmetrical condition and reduce the stabilizer weight.

I took a 6 or 8 arrow quiver and created the 4 arrow, using fiberglass cloth and 2 part epoxy.

Bushings were made to create a snug fit using bolts through an existing hole.

The quiver stays attached year round and I always practice with three arrows in the quiver.

07-Jun-20
Mathews Halon with an older Mathews arrow web 2 piece quiver. I elk hunt on the ground and deer hunt in trees. My quiver is always on. I've been able to get off quick second shots on at least a few occasions. I doubt that I could have made all of those second shots if my quiver was not on my bow.

07-Jun-20
Always have my tightspot on, only time I don't is when Im setting up a new bow, like now.

07-Jun-20

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
When chasing elk I modified my compound bow quiver to 1 arrow and just use a hip quiver for my other arrows.

Not sure if this is of any value to your question.

Good luck, Robb

07-Jun-20

Glunker's embedded Photo
Glunker's embedded Photo
Like a lit here I tree stand hunt deer and ground hunt western/mtn animals. I tried enough quiver ideas so that I am satisfied on my one piece 5 arrow bow quiver that only come off in my hard case and that is not every time. Sure, if I am about to draw on an animal in heavy winds that is not a slam dunk shoot I would take it off for the shot. 3 sec process. 4 arrows works from a tree but a day hunt miles from camp make the 5 arrow my bet and allows for a judo pt arrow. Several years ago I blew a shot at a large whitetail where he ended up 15 yards away on alert. Never would have got off the 2nd shot if my quiver would have been off the bow. This particular quiver QUIETS my shot also. Easy off easy on, well balanced, light, handy and is a noise damper.

07-Jun-20
40 years bow hunting & I’ve never taken a quiver off. Having the quiver on has never been an inconvenience.

07-Jun-20
Mathews two piece which cannot be taken off unless you unbolt it. Guys can say what they want but the detach type when left on are noisy. I only carry 3 arrows so my quiver really with two arrows on it in the wind does not bother me that bad. Shawn

07-Jun-20
Try a Treelimb quiver very light and detaches quick if needed and comes with a loop on top to hang on a peg.

07-Jun-20
Tight Spot 7 arrow quiver, never comes off, run and gun, or treestand !

That being said, there was one situation where I regretted having the quiver on (poor shot execution, in a high wind scenario). The Tight Spot can be easily removed, in seconds if necessary.

07-Jun-20

07-Jun-20
Thanks guys. I've used back quivers, hip quivers and sling over your shoulder quivers and always went back to a bow quiver. But since I'm late to the game this year because of the lockdown I'll go with the recommended detachable. Then I'll research more and figure out a quiver system that I will just leave on the bow. Good luck and stay healthy

07-Jun-20
I have one longbow I leave it on, another longbow I take it off and a recurve I take it off. Works for me.

08-Jun-20
I run a bolt on two piece quiver on my compound. I went through a phase about 15 years ago where I used a detachable quiver. But, I move a lot when hunting. Even deer hunting I’m on the ground as much as in the tree. Do, when I decided I’d buy another compound and hunt with it some, I went with the trophy line two piece. My only gripe is it only holds 5 arrows. I like carrying lots of arrows.

08-Jun-20

It does get cold in TX. some times.

08-Jun-20
Tight spot that never comes off. But if I was faced with a high wind situation, it takes just a couple seconds to take it off.

08-Jun-20
I killed my biggest bow kill whitetail with a second shot. I blew the first shot with a clean miss and he stopped 15 yards away and stood nervously wondering what the noise was. I quickly pulled another arrow from my bow quiver and made a great shot. I doubt if I would have pulled it off if my quiver hadn't been on my bow.

I've also had a few stare downs with elk and deer and I think by cocking my bow slightly sideways in front of me the arrows give me a little more to hide behind.

So far, knock on wood, I haven't had any high wind issues.

08-Jun-20
Had almost the same thing happen to me mike on a nice Illinois buck but I made a bad hit on him he lunged forward about 8 yds and I heart shot him with the second. Couldn’t have done that with my quiver in the tree

• Sitka Gear