DVS's embedded Photo
DVS's embedded Photo
DVS's embedded Photo
DVS's embedded Photo
DVS's embedded Photo
DVS's embedded Photo
DVS's embedded Photo
DVS's embedded Photo
If a "Trophy-Slam" is something on your African bucket list for 2021, and you are looking for some suggestions on what can be done with the hides? Make sure to check out what Darin Kerr decided to do with his left over hides. His own custom "Slam-Rug", how cool is that??

21-Dec-20
Real cool

17-Feb-21
Do you think that it is okay in 2021 to sell the skins of innocent animals killed in the wild? It is cruel and unacceptable. If you want to sleep under something heavy and warm, there are such a lot of weighted blankets which are even more comfortable than these "corpses". And they are completely eco-friendly, and think that it is cheaper than to organize the safari. Personally, I also have such blanket and can't imagine that I would replace it with something from your post. If you are interested guys from sommio.co.uk can help you to pick out the most suitable blanket for you to escape the future kills

17-Feb-21
That looks fantastic. Wish I had thought of this when I went to Africa.

17-Feb-21
Neat idea. Very nice looking work.

17-Feb-21

MathewsMan's embedded Photo
MathewsMan's embedded Photo
I used my springbok back hide on a bookcase with some skulls on it.

I think this was the only Africa species that I kept the back part. Conversely I think that my dad saved all of them.

He was generous to let me have his Kudu back hide that I used on a pedestal table I constructed myself for my Kudu I harvested on one of his trips I went along too.

17-Feb-21
For some really nice rugs from back skins, take a look at Northern Pines Rugging. Maybe it’s called Northern Pines Taxidermy and rugging. Can’t remember the exact wording for certain.

18-Feb-21

Cut2Kill's embedded Photo
Cut2Kill's embedded Photo
Here is what we did with our African back skins. Very happy with it.

18-Feb-21
All very nicely done. Cut2kill - that is just spectacular

18-Feb-21
I would feel bad walking on them, but it’s kind of cool how those hind ends kind of look like the risers of a nicely sculpted Recurve…

18-Feb-21
Beautiful rug, cut2kill! Did you have that done in the states, or in Africa?

19-Feb-21
Very creative, i like both...

19-Feb-21
Good eye GF

21-Feb-21

Cut2Kill's Link
This is who did our rug. We had the back skins tanned locally and them shipped the skins to them and they put the rug together.

21-Feb-21
t-roy, they are in North Carolina. We have also had them do the Zebra ottoman and piano bench shown in the link. All came out beautiful.

22-Feb-21
Thanks for the info, Rick!

• Sitka Gear