Scrappy 27-Dec-20
t-roy 27-Dec-20
midwest 27-Dec-20
GodwinBishop 15-Jun-21
EJG 15-Jun-21
APauls 15-Jun-21
midwest 15-Jun-21
22-Dec-20
I have recently gotten into being much more mobile with my deer hunting over the last season, and plan on exclusively going that route next year- hang and hunt each sit.

That said, the current system I have works ok- it isn't the lightest and doesn't pack well which is the main problem I'm looking to fix.

Lone Wolf Custom Gear and now the Hunting Beast both have some phenomenal stands out (Beast stand not quite ready for pre-order) and I'm really interested in both. Mainly looking for lightweight, and the stand/sticks have to work together as a system (for packability and transport).

They are pricey, most things that are high quality are so that's not concerning to me. Plus it's a buy once, cry once kind of deal.

There are some public land area's that I'm eager to scout after season ( and pheasant season) is over. Now's the time to find your next hunting hot spot ladies and gents!

24-Dec-20

Zatumcam's Link
I know that it is not at all easy to write high school essay on your own, and therefore I advise you to use a service that knows how to help you and how to surprise your teacher.

24-Dec-20
I have seen some LWCG and they make crap. Im sure some guys will say no but I know what I saw. Just look at how fast they raced to production. Not only that but they have tried to bully a bunch of hunting businesses over the last 2 years.

Beast stand will be exactly what you hope you're getting and its designed from the hunting beast himself. It has taken Dan this long to finish it because he took zero shortcuts and did all the necessary testing. It will be worth every penny.

24-Dec-20
he posted "(Beast stand not quite ready for pre-order)" So nobody has in field experience with this brand? !

could be all you say it is and more......or not.

Discount coupon is in the mail.

24-Dec-20
The specs for the beast stand will be exact. Where as the specs for LWCG was not.

Plus people close to Dan got a prototype and they love it. Dan says that the one in production will be a little different but better. I'll take his word.

24-Dec-20
With focus on mobile have to ruled out saddle hunting? If so, why? I hunt with stand and saddle, but 90% of my hunts are saddle.

Been “hunting mobile” for 12 years. I was country when country wasn’t cool lol

Don’t get me wrong I’d way rather climb into a stand that’s already and done but at first I couldn’t afford more than one good stand, and now I just have an insane desire not to have my stuff stolen or sat in. Only way to guarantee that is bring it all every time. Side benefit is being able to be very flexible when it comes to stand locations.

The way guys talk about it today it’s like “mobile hunting” or “hang and hunts” are an additional badge of honour. Won’t be long until we see thread titles like “My OTC DIY Public Land Mobile Hang and hunt buck.”

24-Dec-20
The specs on the Beast stand are super. Going to pick on up as soon as they are available. Going to grab another set of beast sticks too, 5 minis will do the trick

24-Dec-20
I'm with you APauls, I've been doing the hang and hunt style for over 10 years now. Who new we were trend setters:) I figured out it doesn't matter how much your stand and gear weighs if you have the right pack to haul it all. I'll take comfort in the tree over trying to save a pound on the walk In any day. Not to mention all the wasted money on these fancy cute light weight stands and sticks.

24-Dec-20
A serious mobile hunter always tries to shed pounds. Even if it means sacrificing comfort. Ounces make a difference.

That's why people designed saddles and reasons the market is so large today.

24-Dec-20
Nocturnal put down the cool aid man your drunk.

24-Dec-20
Lmao Why does that offend you.? It's true.

24-Dec-20
I’ve never heard of “hunting beast stands”. Is there a website to check them out?

24-Dec-20

Nocturnal II's Link
BC173 Here you go.

24-Dec-20
Dan Infalt (SP?) is the real deal his sticks or the new tetherd sticks will be mine when I make up my mind I want some feedback on tetherd becore I make a decision. Watch a few episodes of The Hunting Public or Hunting Beast and you'll learn a lot about hang and hunt. Also saddle hunting.com is a great place for resoucres.

24-Dec-20
I hunted out of a LWCH this year and it was fantastic. Specs were good on it when I got it too. I have zero complaints. It’s the quietest stand I’ve hunted in as well.

24-Dec-20
I will add this, I went to a saddle this year and have a platform, ring of steps and other stuff for a platform. I without a doubt love using a tiny hang on stand as my saddle platform. I get the best of both worlds. The ability to shoot 360 degrees from my saddle but I also can loosen my tether way up and turn and sit on my stand for a break. I use 4 Hawk helium 20" sticks and a 20" knaider. I can get to 20 ft but rarely go that high. If I was in the market I would go with the .5 LWCG Stand and hunt from a saddle using it and buy a set of any good 20" sticks and use an aider or knaider. Trust me it's awesome and the extra couple pounds a stand costs ya is nothing! Shawn

24-Dec-20
Sorry nocturnal not true!! I know a lot guys who thought that and now know that's BS!! What good it is hiking 2 miles for an all day sit and only make it 5 or 6 hrs cause of lack of comfort? They all now say a couple pounds extra is worth some added comfort. My whole set up with pack and extra clothes is 23#s and very slim line and easy to pack!! Shawn

24-Dec-20
Ohh it's not true? Then please explain why companies are streamlining saddles? Why is there a market for them?

Tell me why LWCG lied about their weight when they pushed too fast into production? Why lie about even a pound if it isn't a big deal?

Look at the evolution of treestands and climbing sticks? What's happening? Are they getting heavier or are they getting lighter?

Why are hunters running rope mods on their climbing sticks?

Just in the last 5 years hunters across the country use climbing spurs. I am one of them. I picked the idea up from a hunter out east and he made that decision because it was the lightest option in the mountains.

Tethrd came out with titanium sticks at less than a pound a piece. They also advertise "THE LIGHTEST STICK EVER" in full caps.

Hunters and companies are trying to come out with carbon sticks and stands. Who will be the first to do it? Why do it? What's their purpose?

I said what I said because serious hunters that are mobile are ALWAYS trying to MacGyver their gear into lighter and better. The best pieces of hunting equipment "us mobile hunters" carry are because some hunter had lighter weight in mind. Flashlights, bows, treestands, sticks, saddles, boots, ect....

Why are hunters and companies doing this? Look at the OP second paragraph? Explains what hunters today are looking for.

This isn't even debatable and I feel petty for having to explain it.

24-Dec-20
Sorry still not true, as I said just go to saddlehunter and ask the question and you will see comfort is way up there. They definitely want lite weight but will sacrifice other things to cut weight but not comfort. Shawn

24-Dec-20
Ohh okay. You win Shawn. Because you said not true. Merry Christmas

24-Dec-20
I'm with Scrappy on this. I'm sorry, but a few pounds makes dick all of a difference in a nice pack when carrying as long as your setup is streamlined and doesn't whack brush the whole way in. I've got a Lone Wold alpha as well as a saddle. The saddle is lighter, but I have no issues carrying a LW alpha in to anywhere weight wise.

Why do they sell? Why does anything sell? Because people believe they need it. Whether they need it or not is a completely different matter. Why do I have about 100 broad heads at home and 4 tags a year to fill them on? I have 3 LW/XOP "alpha" stands and found someone that I can trade an alpha platform for an assault. Like Shawn, I am looking forward to using it both for a easy hang catching less brush, or to use for a saddle hunt. I also have a predator platform, but could see myself bringing in a small stand like that assault for increased comfort options on an all day sit.

If carrying an extra 8 lbs a half mile is the breaking point for you how do you get a deer out?

24-Dec-20
Thanks Nocturnal

24-Dec-20
Been hunting out of a saddle for a several years and I have 3 different saddles now. Bought my first saddle in 2003 but didn't like the comfort. I have been on saddle hunter since 2014 or 15.

Not to pick on Shawn but he says. "The ability to shoot 360 degrees from my saddle but I also can loosen my tether way up and turn and sit on my stand for a break. "

So Sean why did you go to a saddle? And If saddles are so comfortable. Why do you need to turn around and sit on your seat for a break? Sounds like you're sacrificing comfort for less weight because turning around and sitting like that is not at all what saddles are designed for.

A hunter can get comfortable to hunt out of a saddle but they are not as comfortable as a hang on treestand. Just as a hang on is not as comfortable as a climber.

Just sayin.. but I know people these days have the absolute hardest time admitting someone has a point. So they just say you are wrong or even worse telling someone they're drunk.

25-Dec-20
I failed to complete my assignment on international business. Luckily, I decided to buy anessay online and got a brilliant paper that suited all my requirements.

25-Dec-20

25-Dec-20
Gavin you could have completed your assignment had you used a saddle you would have been fresh and alert and not tired and bog down.

Quit using that tree lounge, you wouldn't be falling asleep in a saddle and having to resort to cheating to finish your assignment.. get back to AT where you belong.

25-Dec-20
"So Sean why did you go to a saddle? And If saddles are so comfortable. Why do you need to turn around and sit on your seat for a break? Sounds like you're sacrificing comfort for less weight because turning around and sitting like that is not at all what saddles are designed for."

He's carrying in the extra weight of the stand with a seat for more comfort so I guess that means he's not sacrificing comfort by carrying in a little extra weight.

25-Dec-20
Lmao Midwest a saddle with a seat to stand on is still lighter and less comfortable than a hang on, which a hang on is heavier. Shawn contradicted himself long before he made his argument. You don't sit down on your seat that your meant to stand on, unless you need a break from being uncomfortable.. Moving on...

25-Dec-20
"Lmao Midwest a saddle with a seat to stand on is still lighter and less comfortable than a hang on, which a hang on is heavier."

???

25-Dec-20
Wait. What? You guys are hiking in 1 to 2 miles and an extra 5 lbs is the issue. Not carrying a sleep system, food for 5-6 days, game bags, etc... And THAT little bit of extra weight is an that much of an issue you trade comfort for a few measly pounds on a 2 mile hike, LMFAO...

25-Dec-20
I made a small claim that mobile hunters these days are always trying to trim weight and most serious mobile hunters sacrifice comfort for less weight and I get told if I am drunk.

But yet Shawn wants to make an argument but first admits that he will even lower his tether all the way, just so he can turn around and sit on the seat for a break. Sounds like he proved me correct.

Midwest.. whats with the ??? You must not understand saddle hunting if that confuses you. Or you are just here trying to get in on a conversation that you don't understand.

Gotta love internet forums

25-Dec-20
Sorry I don’t understand what you’re saying Nocturnal. Yes Shawn is saying he likes to have the shootability of a saddle and the comfort of a stand. I don’t see the problem. Makes sense to me

25-Dec-20
Gheez man, it’s a free country. And, picking this hill to die on is stupid. Let it be. It’s just a tree stand choice. Nobody is calling you dumb. Just sayin’ it’s a topic that doesn’t have a right or wrong answer.

25-Dec-20
Sorry but no contradiction, I turn to sit for a lot of reasons. Nice to eat lunch, take a bit of a break. As people stated in this thread most are willing to go with a bit more weight for extra comfort. Do what ya want I could care less. Just stating a fact as I said proven by lots of folks saying exactly what I did, a few extra pounds for comfort means little. Sorry if walking a mile or two with 3 extra pounds tires you out!! LMAO!! Shawn

25-Dec-20
I’m going with Nocturnal on this one. I have been a mobile hunter since I started. Gave up my stand and sticks this year and switched to a saddle system. Best move ever. Just the tree selection alone is worth the switch. My entire set up is about 10lbs and all fits in my mystery ranch bag.

Being forced to hunt public land this years forced me to make a change but I’m glad I did.

25-Dec-20
Hasn’t that Beast stand been coming out next month for a year or two now?

25-Dec-20
“I made a small claim that mobile hunters these days are always trying to trim weight and most serious mobile hunters sacrifice comfort for less weight and I get told if I am drunk.”

The tree dictates which of my stands that I use. I’ll use my sticks and hang-on if need be. If I have the option of using my climber, I carry the extra weight. Happily. It’s not much weight... I’ve packed much more on many occasions... and hope to come out heavier than I went in on every hunt.

I have a healthy respect for heights that has me less inclined to go with a saddle.

I feel mobile... I often move to hunt different spots... I think I’m serious about how I hunt... I never thought of myself as a “minority” mobile hunter... pretty sure I’m not drunk... are we talking about mobility or some sort of timed race?

25-Dec-20
Rick, I found a saddle setup helped me with comfort concerning the fear of falling. It’s hands on all the time. I don’t even think about it because my hands are always engaged.

25-Dec-20

orionsbrother's Link
Mobility waaaayyy beyond me. I’ll slowly work my way down.

25-Dec-20
I would never give Acosti any of my hard earned money$$$

27-Dec-20
"Midwest.. whats with the ??? You must not understand saddle hunting if that confuses you."

I guess I don't understand saddle hunting. I've never seen a saddle with a seat to stand on. lol

27-Dec-20
Don't sweat it midwest, he can't handle his cool aid:)

27-Dec-20
Midwest....there’s a bunch of YouTube videos on saddle hunting techniques.

They look a lot like the multiple ones you’ve posted on similar threads to this one, over the years ;-)

27-Dec-20
I'll check it out, t-roy...thanks!

15-Jun-21

GodwinBishop's Link
Everyone is different, so there is no dating advice that works for everyone. The most universal way is to try different dating sites to find what works for you. Start by reading reviews about the naughty site, and it might be the site you've been looking for all along. I personally use https://www.russianbrides.com/hot-russian-brides/ and get quite a few successful introductions every week.

15-Jun-21
Wow, that’s the same site I use…small world

15-Jun-21
...but can I still claim my "hang and hunt" badge if my russian bride carries it in for me?

15-Jun-21

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
I checked out the site. Seems like this saddle would be rather difficult to shoot a bow out of....weird.

• Sitka Gear