JohnMC 18-Jan-21
smarba 19-Jan-21
Dino 19-Jan-21
17-Jan-21

IdyllwildArcher's Link
I've got an idea...

>>>------------------->

17-Jan-21
Haha I was reading about this last month. How can you not click an article with Cocaine Hippos in the title?

17-Jan-21
I agree. I had to read it after reading TEmbry’s comment. But, if the cocaine don’t get the locals, it sounds like the hippos might.

17-Jan-21
“Nobody likes the idea of shooting a hippo, but we have to accept that no other strategy is going to work,” ecologist Nataly Castelblanco-Martínez told The Telegraph.

I like the idea a lot.

17-Jan-21
Environmentalists have been trying to sterilise the hippos for years, but it requires much time and effort, ...... and the procedure is not easy.

And I thought environmentalist were all talk, WoW castrate a hippo. It says there only doing 1 a year. Hmmm must take that long to find another environmentalist.

17-Jan-21
Trip Tip: Do not stand less than 20' from one when they poop.

17-Jan-21
"Environmentalists have been trying to sterilise the hippos for years, but it requires much time and effort"

Amongst other good ideas like performing a circumcision on an elephant or doing a tonsillectomy on a crocodile.

Come on people, this is common sense stuff. If you want to decrease hippo numbers, you don't do it from arm's length.

18-Jan-21

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
LMAO!! @ “Hmmmm must take that long to find another environmentalist”

I’m thinking the hippo project may be even more short lived than this one!

18-Jan-21
That's why I like these "off topic" threads on BS. I had no idea there are what appears to be free roaming hippos in Columbia.

18-Jan-21
"There was public outcry when a hippo was killed in 2009 after it had been terrorising local farmers, but scientists say animal rights campaigners are not considering the whole picture."

Imagine that: animal rights people not considering the whole picture...

18-Jan-21
"In Africa, hippos are considered a major threat to the livelihood and security of rural communities".

Why does the CO wolf project keep popping into my head as I read this article..

18-Jan-21
“Nobody likes the idea of shooting a hippo......” Do tell !

18-Jan-21
^....make a heck of a hog roast.

18-Jan-21
Nothin meaner than a hippo that is going to be denutted. I don’t care how much you drug him that first cut with a scalpel on his nut purse will have him chomping everyone close by.

18-Jan-21
Surely someone has taken video evidence of that procedure DL!

18-Jan-21
"The marshlands of Colombia have been home to these giant mammals since they were illegally imported in the late 1980s by the notorious drug lord, Pablo Escobar.

When he was shot dead in 1993, the Colombian government took control of his extravagant estate, including his personal zoo."

So no problem shooting the drug lord, but for his feral hippos we have concern LOL.

18-Jan-21
I put in my application for the hippo hunt but I'm afraid the Columbian draw lottery will be even more rigged than the U.S. presidential election.

18-Jan-21
smarba if you only had one bullet you shoot the hippo over the drug lord???

19-Jan-21
Good one John LOL. I guess ask the drug lord to stand in front of the hippo...

19-Jan-21
Smarba...that's funny stuff about the hippo application. :)

• Sitka Gear