GF 20-Jan-21
76aggie 21-Jan-21
Yellowjacket 21-Jan-21
Live2Hunt 21-Jan-21
goyt 21-Jan-21
18-Jan-21
Has anyone switched to eye contacts due to bifocals and fogging. Any issues

18-Jan-21
I were bifocal contacts. Yes, there are trade offs. First, dry eye and wind is an issue. I take eye drops with me. Second, I have noticed in low light conditions my sight can be a bit blurry at a distance. It lasts about 15 minutes during first and last light. With all that, I like contacts much better than taking on and off traders or the fogging issue.

18-Jan-21
I wear bifocal glasses and normal contacts, I carry cheaters so I can fill out my tag

Don't need bifocals to shoot, gun or bow

18-Jan-21
I wear contacts only when hunting and golfing. I ware glasses and bifocals the rest of the time. I have no issues seeing pins. And yes carry drops and an extra pair. Its better then spending the first hour cleaning fog off your glasses.

18-Jan-21
I have been very happy with my multi focus contacts for astigmatism. I have worn contacts for years but got to point I had to keep readers around by neck all the time. I've een wearing the multi focus now for a little more than a year don't remember last time I put on readers. Have your eye doc give you a sample pair to try, I think you will like them if you are a canidate for them.

18-Jan-21
I strongly agree with JohnMC (don’t tell anyone lol) about trying several different kinds of contacts. I tried at least 5 different kinds. Settled on monthly contacts CooperVision Biofinity Multifocals. If you aren’t comfortable with one kind try another. Be patient. I didn’t like daily contacts as I hated putting them in daily. Tough to do when sleeping in a tent. I can keep my monthly contacts in for a week at a time.

18-Jan-21
Forget everything I said it must be wrong in Ksflatbrimmer agreeing with it! ;)

20-Jan-21
My glasses are trifocals. My contacts are for distance.

20-Jan-21
Just got my first pair of progressive lens glasses yesterday and I cant imagine getting used to these things. I should have tried bifocals or may have to look into lasik.

20-Jan-21
I’ve worn glasses for so many years that it took some real time for me to get used to shooting with contacts, but last weekend I probably shot the best I ever have, apart from having added about 75 grains to each of my arrows, so my trajectories were off…

21-Jan-21
I used to wear glasses to see at distances. Without the glasses, my close up vision was excellent. Had lasik to correct the distance vision and now have to wear cheaters to see up close or even to fill out and notch a deer tag. All things considered, it is a pretty good deal.

21-Jan-21
I wear the monthly contacts, 0.75 in my left eye and 3.5 in my right eye. I shoot left handed and the 0.75 is more or less arm's length computer distance and works well for clearing up my sight pin. The 3.5 lens in my right eye allows me to see close up like seeing the scale on my sliding sight and reading.

I have no problem leaving them in over the course of a week to 10 day hunt. Use rewetting drops as necessary.

21-Jan-21
I use the mono vision as described by Yellowjacket also. Works great. The dominant eye for distance and the non-dominant for close.

21-Jan-21
With my glasses off I can see my pins better than with them on. The same goes for wearing contacts. For me it seems to be best if I wear a contact in my non-shooting eye and nothing in my shooting eye. This allows me to see fairly well, read some w/o cheaters and have a clear sight picture for my pins although the deer maybe less sharp.

• Sitka Gear