WapitiBob 21-Jan-21
HUNT MAN 21-Jan-21
Fulldraw 21-Jan-21
Demuth 21-Jan-21
greg simon 21-Jan-21
Brotsky 21-Jan-21
cmbbulldog 22-Jan-21
21-Jan-21
My buddy again decided not to do Wyoming this year... not a big deal. With that said, I had another guy ask me if I'd be interested in sharing my points (12), and he would apply with me and go... He has never elk hunted, but got me thinking, would it be an option to find someone (experienced) that would want to point share, and take the worlds worst elk hunter with them? Seems like a good opportunity, but not sure hunting with someone you don't know is as easy as that, or a good idea.. Boredom is winning out... carry on. :)

21-Jan-21
It may be a nice gesture to take a new hunter but I'd do it with 1 or 2 points, not 12.

21-Jan-21
If you have 12 points to share I bet you can make some quick friendships with some good elk hunters.

21-Jan-21
I have 10 points. I've personally had 35 elk tags; filled over half of them and helped on a lot more. I need someone to watch for grizzlies while I break down a bull and I'd be willing to do the same. I might be willing to go the non grizz route too but not sure that I'm willing to burn my points on a Bighorns unit. Shoot me a PM if you would like to discuss details.

21-Jan-21
I’m 0 for 2 but I like hunting and I try hard

Guess My resume isn’t quit as good as CKs though lol

21-Jan-21
12 points in WY is not enough to share unless they have some too.

21-Jan-21
12 is plenty there are some really good 5-6 point units in Wyoming

21-Jan-21
If you only have 12 you might as well share with 3 guys and have a ball. Feast or famine with points in WY, middle ground isn’t worth it anymore than a general.

21-Jan-21
That's a broad statement have you hunted in a 5 or 6 point unit? I know of a couple that I would take over any general tag and my buddies and I have the bulls to back it up.

21-Jan-21
Take your 12 points and go on the best guided elk hunt of your life. Pm me if you want specifics.

21-Jan-21
What does WY do if you apply with a buddy and the average points is say; 6.5, do they round it?

21-Jan-21
Yep, they round it to 4 decimal places.

21-Jan-21
Fulldraw, how many points does this person have? If zero then dump the thought of sharing with him. You have invested a lot of money and time planning ahead, you could EASILY find a better point sharing option that benefits you. And this risks that come with partnering up with an unknown person while ALSO degrading what your points can buy is too risky.

Heck I have some points to put in a pot and WY elk experience. LOL

21-Jan-21
Yep, they round it to 4 decimal places.

21-Jan-21
I like to elk hunt.

21-Jan-21
Thank you all for the input..I got out over my skies a bit. I hadn’t given this much thought when I posted it...now you have me thinking. ?? I might just have to look more into a point share. Lol

21-Jan-21
What does WY do if you apply with a buddy and the average points is say; 6.5, do they round it? Sorry, not sure how I double posted, just to get this straight we’d both have 7 points??

21-Jan-21
Demuth, No. You would both have 6.5000 points.

21-Jan-21
Demuth, when you look at draw stats you would be in the >6 draw pool between 6-7. That how most services and the fish and game lists it when looking at draw odds.

22-Jan-21
Me and a buddy are on the edge of drawing. Your points would get us in for sure! PM me if interested and we can chat some.

• Sitka Gear