Keith 25-Jan-21
ALovely 25-Jan-21
Rob Nye 26-Jan-21
Shug 26-Jan-21
t-roy 26-Jan-21
Michael 26-Jan-21
GF 26-Jan-21
22-Jan-21
It’s so fun to think about what you could do with 970million(yes I know Biden is gonna get half) what’s the first thing you’d do as far as hunting goes? I’d own a big place out west, probably New Mexico, where I could elk hunt every year without worrying about tags and outfitters and public land. That’s first on my list. Let me here yours

22-Jan-21
I would take 10% and blow it on boats, planes, some land, big trucks, and diamonds for my wife :)

I'd take the remainder and place it with 3-5 wealth management firms (eggs and baskets, ye ken), instruct them to invest very conservatively, and live off the interest. I could live off 1% of 200 million :) and do every hunt I wanted to do

22-Jan-21
First on my list would be take care of friends, and family. Then figure out a way to try and spend it all. Only live once.

22-Jan-21
All of this anonymously......hire a financial advisor and a trust fund lawyer. I'd then give some to a military church, then family, then start some type of scholarship(s) for military folks, especially the spouses who hold the fort down while the other spouse is deployed....or dead. IMO...military spouses don't get enough credit. The rest.....probably invest it and try to keep a normal life and don't forget the value of a penny.

22-Jan-21
First thing I'd find a lawyer that could hopefully put it in a trust and I could keep it secret. Then I would buy a couple ranches and claim I knocked the owners door and he said my buddies and I could hunt when ever I wanted. I'd want to do some good with the money, but where I saw fit not where everyone that knows I won thinks I should.

22-Jan-21
I’d give 10% to God before anything. I’d then get family and friends setup to have secure futures.

I’d buy me a nice piece of property and pay myself to build a house and such on it. It’d be the first customer who didn’t complain about me wanting to make money. :^)

Needless to say, I’d hunt ALOT. I’d fish ALOT. When I wasn’t doing that, I’d spend my time looking for people who deserved better then what they had. And, I’d give it to them.

22-Jan-21
hookers that can pack

22-Jan-21
You owe me a new key board Bob hahahaha

22-Jan-21
ksflatbrimmer asked me to post for him. He said he, "would spent most of it on AOC's 2024 presidential campaign." ;)-

22-Jan-21
Waptibob I think you should hire someone with a horse to pack elk. Feeding a team of pack type women all year could really “eat” into your hunting budget.

22-Jan-21
Buy a big ranch here in WY where I can bring on my sons and grandson (and any other grand*** that come down the road) and hunt pronghorn, elk, deer. Then take my dad fishing!

After that, nobody in my family would want for anything financially, but they'd not know where it came from. Grandkids college would be funded, as would my neices kids college.

Then just enjoy life.

Oh, I'd retire tomorrow.

22-Jan-21
I would set me family up and then figure out a way to hunt 180+ days a year and keep my wife happy without her taking half my winnings. ;)

22-Jan-21
I’d buy all the Iowa farms bordering T-Roy.

22-Jan-21
Hire a Bunch of hookers and a buy ton of cocaine!!! LMAO!! First off I would set up my family for the rest of their lives and their kids lives. 2) Buy 5 thousand acres in Iowa and another 5 thousand in Kansas and put nice houses on each and buy all the equipment to make them my dream whitetail properties!! Lastly I would donate a lot of money to the kids of St Judes childrens hospital!! I am sure there is more but that is good for a start!! Shawn

22-Jan-21
Bitcoin? No? Anyone?

Hunting ranch for sure. Help support Bible preaching churches, invest for my kids future. Probably let the wife a little. Lol

22-Jan-21
1.) Set up a trust in a different name to win and distribute the money. 2.) Do my best to not let my kids know so they keep functioning as "normal" people for as long as possible. (this will be hard to pull off, when you read other points below) 3.) Gift a good chunk to my family - sister and her kids, Sister in laws and their kids, our parents. 4.) Buy my dad a Tacoma, he's always wanted one but never bought himself one. 5.) Contribute a big chunk to a few land protection groups in my region to protect open space (and keep it open for outdoor recreation). 6.) Donate a big chunk to Dana Farber/Jimmy Fund Clinic and UMass Medical School... I wouldn't have a son if it wasn't for them. 7.) Work with my wife to build an educational resource for parents of little ones who have cancer. 8.) Help fund a local group who help provide food, clothes and other daily items for folks in need. They do a great job, and being able to assure they exist for a long time would be awesome. 9.) Buy a farm or a home for us to move too with a barn and enough land for a horse or two for my daughter. Ideally near a good sized body of water that my son could paddle on, he LOVES paddle boarding and kayaking. 10.) Continue working at a much reduced volume, maybe 10-15 hours of "formal" work per week. Spend the rest of the time with my family, friends, getting my PhD, Teaching and spending time doing things I love outside. 11.) No, I've not thought about this to much ha ha ha! 12.) I'd end up with a lot less than say 450mil that I started with, but that's fine. I didnt earn it! May as well share and do some good while also setting up the family for years if they do good things with the $ and dont blow it.

22-Jan-21
Land, thousands of acres of land! Big ranch in Wyoming. about 25k acres in Kentucky. Probably a new flagship bow if I can afford one!

22-Jan-21
Way to go will. I'm with ya

22-Jan-21
I always said I would give 1 million to the last 5 people who actually called my phone but lately it's been all scammers haha. So probably retire the next day. Make sure my parents could retire the next day. Then make sure my sister was set. From there try and not tell my kids what happened ( 4 year old and 6 year old) and make sure they are all set up for life. Buy every piece of property that's available in my county and live life as normal as I could from there on out.

22-Jan-21
JohnMC-you win the internet today!

22-Jan-21

22-Jan-21
Not sure I would want the hassle trying to figure out what to do with $970MM. My life has been a constant headache since I won the powerball Wednesday, and that was only $731MM.

I already have contracts on most of the ranches I like, so I guess I’ll have to wait until more come on the market :-)

22-Jan-21
"I’d buy all the Iowa farms bordering T-Roy."

I'd buy T-Roy. :)

22-Jan-21
Buy T-Roy? I always pictured him as more of a rent to own situation :)

22-Jan-21
I'd buy a full Sitka suit from head to toe. With what's left I'd take my wife out for a Bacon Butterburger combo meal at Culvers.

22-Jan-21
I'd buy a new Subaru and an e-bike. I'd buy a fishing boat. I'd hire a fine young live in doggie Au Pair to help train my young husky and I. I'd get house with a pool, and a fine young pool boy for the wife.

22-Jan-21
I’d buy enough high fence to surround my property....and a new identity...;-)

22-Jan-21
I'd buy a ranch and go sheep hunting for the other three species of sheep for sure.

22-Jan-21
This is like the Joe Ely song, "I want a transistor radio, she wants a clothesline, then we can live just like the rich folks do"

22-Jan-21
In all honesty I would save it until fall. I might need all of it to fill my task tank come November.

22-Jan-21
I've already done all those things..... but then Coach slaps me in the side of the head and tells me to "wake up.... you're dreamin' again...."

22-Jan-21
Invest in rural farmland. Maybe an underground aquifer or two. Take a boatload to Keeneland. The sales not the races. As far as hunting... Wyoming wilderness with a guide.

22-Jan-21
Set up my immediate family members so they would live a comfortable life and their kids and grandkids would be fine. Then I would set up myself with a trust like OJ has to where no matter who sues you they get zip. Then buy lots of property and put it in trust and enough cash to pay expenses for the life of the properties. The rest would benefit charities like St. Jude's, Wounded Warriors and others great charities.

22-Jan-21
Set up my immediate family members so they would live a comfortable life and their kids and grandkids would be fine. Then I would set up myself with a trust like OJ has to where no matter who sues you they get zip. Then buy lots of property and put it in trust and enough cash to pay expenses for the life of the properties. The rest would benefit charities like St. Jude's, Wounded Warriors and others great charities.

22-Jan-21
Since I’ve never bought a lottery ticket in my life, I’d have to find mine laying on the ground or rob a Brink’s truck, neither of which is gonna happen. I’ve led a pretty good life, got to hunt and fish, own more crap than I need, been married to a good woman for nearly forty years, my kids are healthy and not in jail, what the hell more do I need ? That’s why I don’t dream about fortunes.

22-Jan-21
Hmm. Tons of land, Iowa Wyoming New Mexico. From the sounds of it T-Roy’s doing pretty good making his spot damn good so he can manage the Iowa piece haha! set my family and wife’s family up for like and also the extended family we hunt with every year in PA. We’d all hunt more than we thought possible but wouldn’t let the money change who we really are. And tons would be donated to wounded warriors, I like the military spouses idea above and several other wonderful charities.

22-Jan-21
Surprised no one said they'd buy or make their own island in the Keys or Bahamas.

23-Jan-21
Hire a very good law firm and start suing every one of these anti hunting groups until they are broke. Then buy off legislators no matter what party they belong to. They might be against guns and hunting today but most are money whores and can be bought.

23-Jan-21
I like it DL

23-Jan-21
Unfortunately I just learned you can’t keep it anonymous. So here’s what I’m doing with it. Setting all family members up. Buying a couple hunting ranches. Buying a fishing joint in Florida. Keep enough for taxes and maintenance. For another approx 20-30 yrs. I’m Giving a substantial about to StJudes, my current favorite charity. wounded warriors and tunnels to towers. All the local churches. Then put the rest into a fund for a group of people to slowly give away Any good reason. Just give it away. Then when people ask.sorry It’s all gone

23-Jan-21
Looks like someone in Michigan won per the website.

23-Jan-21
Hope it was a Bowsiter! :-)

23-Jan-21
If I won that kind is money, I would buy houses on both sides of pelosi’s and move in those fine upstanding MS-13 citizens! Oh and a bum camp across the street!

23-Jan-21
"With what's left I'd take my wife out for a Bacon Butterburger combo meal at Culvers."

Did you get married?

23-Jan-21
Shakey, I like the way you think.

23-Jan-21
970 million

Tell the wife I won 5 million, give her half, say "have a nice life."

Set up a solid trust fund for my son

Set up a solid retirement for myself

The rest of my family pretty much disowned me since I'm a Trump supporter, they get nothing

I live in NM so I would buy some land here for hunting.

I'd buy some land in the mid west. I'd really like to try the hobby farmer/whitetail sanctuary thing

I'd jump in the truck and hit the road for at least a year.

I'd use the rest to try in influence elections in favor of conservatives the way Soros has for liberal hate mongers.

24-Jan-21
I would hire Zack Walton to carry my bow and luggage on hunts. He needs a rest from just hunting. He’s probably getting bored !

25-Jan-21
I would buy the land all around the land that Pat bought that was around T-Roy... Actually, there's already a ranch in NM that I had my eye on with the winnings. Would also buy some good whitetail ground around home in NE. Would buy some more good whitetail ground for youth mentored hunts only. Do a lot with less privileged youth to get them started in the outdoors. Take care of those who have taken care of me over the years...

25-Jan-21
First I would build a new VA clinic in the town I live so all the vets around here don't have to take the long van-ride to that hell hole known as Murderapolis to get looked after.

Then, I'd buy a chunk of land way up in Ontario and eat grouse and walleye until the cows come home.

With the money I'd save NOT hiring some slimy lawyer to manage my winnings I'd hunt Yukon moose every fall.

25-Jan-21
I’d buy a HUGE ranch in NM, one in Montana and then a BIG farm in Iowa....................then hire t-roy as caretaker. When he wasn’t producing BIG BUCKS in Iowa, I would invite him to hunt ELK, Mulies and pronghorn with me on the ranches ..............;-)

25-Jan-21
My wife went to bed early. In the morning she asked, "Did we win?" I replied, "I'm still here, what do you think?"

25-Jan-21

ALovely's Link
Well this sure looks like a great approach to telling those closest to you.

26-Jan-21
My wife claims if we won the lottery I would blow my half on grizzly bear, moose and elk hunts pretty quickly. For once she’s probably right.

26-Jan-21
900 plus million? If I won $10 in a scratch off I’d take off a week from work so I can’t even fathom 900 mil...

26-Jan-21
Rob......Your wife must have been looking at the prices in the newest BSC catalog! ;-)

26-Jan-21
First things first. I would turn my work truck, laptop and cell phone in and say I quit.

Then take care of the family.

Now the fun begins. I would buy land in Iowa, Kansas and South Dakota. Build a nice lane place up on Eainy lake somewhere. Buy a couple boats and a pontoon. Then build a big house in South Dakota so only Biden is taking his share.

26-Jan-21
Am i too late to buy a ticket?

It’s like Steve Martin said…

“Hey, I’ve got four dollars… I think I’ll just go throw it out in the street!“

Might as well do a little day-dreaming.

Honestly, I’d try to keep life as normal as possible, but I do think a career change into a non-profit group would work for me.

I wouldn’t buy way more land for myself than I could hunt, but I’d certainly look at working with a group along the lines of Nature Conservancy to secure open space AND allow hunting/fishing/trapping such as is compatible with the property.

And I’d try to find ways to create jobs & provide services where they are most needed, and educational opportunities for the folks who live there so that those jobs would be available with first priority to anyone already living there who was willing to learn how.

Not Charity - investing in communities so that people who grew up in small towns can continue to live there even if the jobs of their forefathers are harder to come by or played out entirely. There’s no reason that a “farm kid” should have to choose between working on an oil rig or changing the sheets at a resort hotel 40 miles away in order to have a job.

• Sitka Gear