JohnMC 27-Jan-21
Buckeye 27-Jan-21
In2dmtns 27-Jan-21
Big John 29-Jan-21
lewis 29-Jan-21
25-Jan-21

Jasper's embedded Photo
Jasper's embedded Photo
Remember the bow giveaway we did last June that turned into a huge giveaway far beyond bows? One of the twins we gave bows to, Gabriel killed a fine buck this past weekend....please congratulate our new bowhunter. I’ll let their mentor, Guero tell the story but it sounds like they’re both hooked for life and have been having a ball! Thanks again to everyone involved for your generosity. We’re gonna do it again in June so keep your eyes peeled for candidates. God bless...John

25-Jan-21

Jasper's embedded Photo
Jasper's embedded Photo

25-Jan-21
THAT is fantastic. This is the kinda news you arent gonna see in the news. You wouldnt think generosity and thoughtfulness existed in the world for this sorta thing to happen if the news was your guide. Good stuff by good people

25-Jan-21
Congrats to all!

25-Jan-21
Well done, two thumbs up for sure!

25-Jan-21
I was wondering about that , just the other day, Jasper. Great to hear! Congrats to Gabriel, on a great buck, and welcome to Bowsite, as well!

25-Jan-21
Well done and congrats to all involved.

This would make a great article for a hunting magazine. If all the participants are ok with it and someone has a polished verbal repertoire when putting pen to paper. I see some good human interest and PR opportunities.

25-Jan-21
Strong work men!

25-Jan-21
Well done and the smile says it all!

25-Jan-21
Thanks to all involved!

25-Jan-21
Hey everyone i wanted to say thanks again after the generous donations from the giveaway. As i said before my plan was to get them their bows, get them sighted in and fixed up before January so we could do an OTC hunt in AZ. That all panned out perfectly.

the hunt was a great adventure. it was filled with tunning the bows, a rest breaking, last minute trip back and forth to town for parts, lost arrows, lost range finder , etc. murphy's law at its finest. for new archers they ran into a plethora of obstacles and got to learn from each of them. we put on daily stocks on some mature mule deer almost always getting within their comfortable distance but only to lose the shot opportunity.

Once the hunt came to an end we discussed how to overcome some of the obstacles and what to practice for their own DIY hunts the remaining of the season. they were soo pumped seeing how fun archery is and yet how much harder it is to actually get the shot.

since then each of them has been going on on their own attempting to get a deer. Gabe also has a Javalina tag and has pretty much emptied his quiver on running pigs. Hes at the point he had to barrow an arrow and broadhead to continue chasing deer. perseverance pays off though, last week Gabe sealed the deal. He was able to get into 45yrds of the buck pictured above and got a double lung shot on him. the buck didnt go far before expiring and now Gabe is Hooked! He called me up walked me through the days leading up to it and you could just tell the excitement in his voice. Ethan has still been at it as well and continues to push for a shot opportunity. Gabe's last words were "i already cant wait till next years rutt".

Thank You all who supported the giveway. its been awesome!

25-Jan-21
Such an awesome story to hear. Im sure most of us on bowsite would have loved being there for the shot and big congrats to the new hunter. My freezer is still empty so cherish every bite of that fine meat..

25-Jan-21
Thank you Guero for the update and for all you do. I smiled the whole time (and got a bit teary eyed) reading it. Sounds like those young men are hooked on bow hunting and spending time in God’s great outdoors....mission accomplished! John

26-Jan-21
When is the season over Guero? Would love for Ethan to kill one as well.

26-Jan-21
Awesome stuff

26-Jan-21
That's great to hear, although I hope that one of the things he has learned through this experience is that ethical bowhunters don't make a practice of shooting at running animals. Jasper, the deer season in AZ ends 1/31.

26-Jan-21
Great to hear and see the results! Thanks to Manuel for taking his time to teach the 2 young men and take them into the outdoors. 5 days left - maybe Ethan will get an opportunity.

26-Jan-21
Awesome!

26-Jan-21
Well, that’s gratifying to see. Need to see some new blood because the old farts like me are wearing out ! Congrats to all !

27-Jan-21
Very nice!! Shawn

27-Jan-21
That is cool to see. Hope it is the first of many.

27-Jan-21
a refreshing thread for sure! Great work gentlemen!

27-Jan-21
Outstanding...

29-Jan-21
This makes me smile!!!

29-Jan-21
Congrats to all involved great story Lewis

• Sitka Gear