WVFarrier 04-Feb-21
kenn 17-Feb-21
Glunt@work 18-Feb-21
MathewsMan 18-Feb-21
808bowhunter 18-Feb-21
Cut2Kill 18-Feb-21
Mule Power 19-Feb-21
28-Jan-21
Hello, I'm from CT and I left my Elk hide with Rocky mountain tanners in Denver Colorado in Oct 2019, and then they closed. I cant find any info about where it is. I found that someone on this site stated something about a tanner in Idaho that has the hides from them. I think the name is EnDob. Any help on retrieving a once in a lifetime hide would be greatly appreciated.

28-Jan-21

Glunt@work's Link
Here's the thread

28-Jan-21
Thanks all help is appreciated.

04-Feb-21
Thanks to those that helped so far. I talked to a company in Idaho that had some of the hides that Rocky Mountain never payed for, but my hide was not there. If anybody knows where this company sent other hides to be tanned please let me know. Thank You. K.E.N.

04-Feb-21
Dang that is seriously messed up.

17-Feb-21
Hello, Yes its messed up especially because he took my hide in after he was told not to send anymore to the company in Idaho for lack of payment. He knew what he was doing to me before he did it.

18-Feb-21
I've been waiting 21 years for my wolverine I left with a taxidermist in Canada.

18-Feb-21
You should contact the BBB and Colorado Secretary of State’s Offices. You can likely through the business license get some information or possibly connect with resources that may help you with your situation.

Generally lots of trades formalize under some LLC, then when they dissolve or go under there is minimal recourse. You often see this with companies that warranty their services, such as window or vinyl siding. Many reorganize purposely to get away from their warranty. Great reason to research who you have do work for you as reputable decent people will have positive longevity in their industry.

Worst case scenario you’re likely able to get a cape for an elk relatively reasonable cost wise- even a true Giant elk they often use Roosevelt Elk capes as they are larger. If it were a Sheep or something exotic it would certainly be more difficult and expensive to get.

Sorry, I don’t want to come across snide, and I certainly respect the desire to have your animals true hide for your mount.

Sorry you are caught up in this.

18-Feb-21
As mentioned, at least you can find a hide for a mount. We dropped off a nicely cleaned cape at a tannery in Dubois and after 6 months, they said they lost it, tough luck! I guess they sold it to another customer

18-Feb-21
Good luck with your search. I left a muley head with a taxidermist here in MT. Shortly after he quickly closed and moved and I never saw it again.

19-Feb-21
Is it a “hide” or a cape? To me, even though I realize it’s the sentimental value, a cape is a one of a kind and a hide is replaceable. The cape is an actual face and they’re all a little unique. If it was a cape I’d plan my next hunt out that way and go knock on his door.

• Sitka Gear