lewis 08-Feb-21
trophyhill 08-Feb-21
JL 08-Feb-21
BULELK1 09-Feb-21
itshot 09-Feb-21
itshot 09-Feb-21
ahunter76 09-Feb-21
05-Feb-21
Now I don’t know if that’s true or not, but right now he’s on top of his game and playing at a high level. I wonder if he’s been hanging out with Frank Thomas?

But I digress, I’m no spring chicken anymore and I feel like I can still hunt effectively for many more years. I’m in ok shape I guess, work out a couple times a week, hunt every chance I get.

In fact I hunted more during 2020-2021 so far, than I ever have in my life. And it’s shaped how I am applying for tags this year with no slow down in site and could actually up the time in the woods this year If I draw an Oryx, BH Sheep and a Barbery Sheep tag. All while working out of state and coming home on weekends if I choose too.

This all started last year when I did not draw a single tag. So I immediately bought a Landowner cow rifle unit wide tag in a very difficult unit in December. Newberg’s favorite 16E.

I also bought an ES OTC elk tag for CO and a depredation tag from a landowner in CO.

Then near the end of December I bought an AZ otc tag good for January and now I can go back in August or December and I believe I can apply for a rifle Coues if I want. Although I reserve my rifle for LO or depredation type hunts.

I am a spot n stalk deer hunter, and this “can” be very physical at times, and and other times it’s all mental and your time is spent glassing. For elk, you just have to go where the elk are. And we all know how physical that can be.

But the point being, right now I feel like I can hunt until I’m 80+! I ran into a guy who was 82 at 11’400 feet back in 2010 from Kansas in Sept on a CO mountain.

I can still cover ground, I can still pack camp into the backcountry. I can still pack meat. In fact there’s not much I can’t still do.

How much longer do you anticipate hunting before you are ready to hang up your boots/bow?

05-Feb-21
How old are you? Tom Bradys last year will be this year if he wins.

05-Feb-21
I'll turn 63 this year. The goal is to hunt until I die.

So looking forward to retirement when I can spend the entire month of September out west.

05-Feb-21
Exactly what midwest said except substitute 48 for 63!!!

About 10 more years full time at work then a significant reduction in work days and increase in recreation days!!! Lord willing!!!

05-Feb-21
I’ll die before the desire goes away. Which means I’ll be bed ridden before I see myself stopping.

05-Feb-21

itshot's Link
maybe he'll just be cancelled.

05-Feb-21
Jack I’m 57 and Midwest couldn’t of said it any better! That’s the answer I’m looking for lol. Is it too late to go back and edit the op?

05-Feb-21
Wow itshot! You can’t make this chit up.........

05-Feb-21
I'm 66 now and still getting after it with out of state DIY hunts. I've played the point banking game for years and am trying to cash in at least one of those hunts every year. I'm sitting on enough points to draw good tags for WY & AZ elk, WY moose, WY, CO and AZ mule deer and Iowa deer. Also planning at least another trip or two to Alaska. I sure hope I can burn through all of those accumulated points and still be looking for what to do next.

05-Feb-21
You are young I’m 74 and keep pushing although I have a bunch of Az points I have not decided if my western adventures are in the rear view window 2 knee replacement surgeries a shoulder surgery hmmm you get the picture. I will continue to chase whitetails and turkey until I cannot good luck Lewis

05-Feb-21
He's got a long ways to go to catch up with the true GOAT, Paul@theFort!

05-Feb-21
Ain't gonna lie, if I came home to Gisele every day, I'd be a lot younger too!

05-Feb-21
I will do it as long as I can. But I have to get in better shape. Sitting behind a desk for 8-10 hours a day is ruining me. Back went out this week and it's totally preventable. Need better core strength and to lose 20+ lbs.

But I hope I'm still out there when I'm old enough to make all my family worry about me being out there :)

05-Feb-21
He has always said 45 (as this sad native New Englander and life long Pat's fan knows to well...)... I think unless he completely stinks or gets a major injury, he goes at least until 45. Given the insane offensive talent in TB... He will keep winning and enjoying it for a while longer - win or lose this weekend I suspect.

That said, being able to drag a buck out in my 70's is a good "goal" :)

05-Feb-21
Turned 70 years old last October.

Just printed my MT mountain lion tag.

Fly to Missoula next Wednesday morning.

05-Feb-21
Yes Will, the thread title was just to get guys to take a peak. I’m sure Kraft is taking a long hard look at Bill’s decision to let Tom walk. He did the same thing to us in Cleveland when he let Bernie get away. All Bernie did was go down to Dallas and step in for a concussed Troy Aikman to help win a playoff game or 2 to get them to the SuperBowl. Which Aikman came back for and won. So I feel your pain. If I were Kraft, I’d sell the team while it still has value. Pretty obvious that the Pats did what they were able to do because of Brady. ;)

05-Feb-21
My goal is to hunt with a compound bow until I am dead. Maybe the mountains become too much but I will still be hunting whitetails and turkeys. I love it more every day.

05-Feb-21
If hunting is in your blood, it's in your blood. I too will never stop until I'm forced too. I'm 78, killed my first deer with bow when I was 12 and spent a lot of time in the woods in the 2020 season. Getting ready to go in the mountains of South West Texas for a week long Javelina hunt camping out in tents. Still going strong. Never been a fan of Tom Brady. However you have to give the guy credit with all he has done and is still going. Football is in his blood and I admire him for staying in regardless of his age. Who knows, he might still be playing when he's my age, 78.

05-Feb-21
I turned 70 two days ago. I have hunts booked in three states this fall, so far. Elk in NM, deer in Ks, turkeys in Ne. And will likely hunt much more than that. And I work out, tread mill or weight machine 5-6 days a week.

05-Feb-21
Who gives a damn what a millionaire does. I have way more respect for the working man that still finds time to stay in shape to go on big game hunts.

05-Feb-21
Who in the hell is Tom Brady ? Is that the same guy that the grizzly gave a run in Whitefish, Mt ? If he's a millionaire that might fit, because these day's millionaire's are about the only people who can afford a place there. I'm hunting till I die !

05-Feb-21
I certainly don’t give a damn what a millionaire does. But I do applaud those who can work for what they have. Maybe they make a million over the span of their lifetime, or maybe they start a backpack company and make a million out of nothing in only a few years. Or maybe they sit on their ass and smoke dope all day. Whatever. It’s your choice. One of the things I love about America. It’s up to you. God Bless America!

05-Feb-21
No Steve, that’s Randy Newberg you’re thinking about. Ya know? The guy who promotes elk hunting every chance he gets and has worked for everything he has? If he made or makes millions doing it? So what. Let’s get back on topic and stop with the class warfare already. Starting to sound like whining liberals and BHA guys around here ;)

05-Feb-21
A million ain't that much these days. Need that much at retirement just to live a middle class lifestyle.

05-Feb-21
Honestly, watching Brady play, he still has pretty good zip on his passes. Watching him agains Brees, it was night and day. Brees was throwing up some floaters, Brady still can throw a bullet. I could see him playing more as long as he still has the drive to do it.

05-Feb-21
Bingo 12yards. The drive to do it. I think that’s the key. Provided you are healthy enough, the drive to do it is everything!

05-Feb-21
Brady is extremely driven and extremely committed to his healthy life style and work ethic from everything I've seen or read about him. Not many can be that committed even in the world of professional athletes.

As for me, I'm 48 and try to take care of myself. My number one reason for taking care of myself is my love for my wife and son and the desire to be around to enjoy life with them and hopefully grandkids down the road. Hunting and fishing are my number 2 reasons to stay in shape. I hope to be hunting and fishing until the day I die. I hope and believe I'll be hunting and fishing in the after life as well.

05-Feb-21
Never ever retire. Always have something to do when u wake up

05-Feb-21
Saying Brady is at the TOP of his game might be a weee stretch, but regardless - I’m in the hunt till you die camp. Working really hard while I’m younger and trying to take holidays and do some hunting still but with hopes that a reduced work schedule closer to 50 would allow for a ton more hunting / fishing time and $.

05-Feb-21
trophyhill, sorry to offend you. I also have no idea who randy newberg is. I'm pretty outta touch these days. Have not had a tv for over 20 years, don't do social media other than here and tradgang, and the only magazines I get are TBM and Fur Fish Game. Spend most of my time in the outdoors fishing/hunting. Guess you say I'm one of the uninformed !

05-Feb-21
My apology Steve, I guess I came off kinda smug. I envy you living that life style. The life style I’m working towards.

05-Feb-21
Trophyhill no foul ! It's all good! Yesterday I was painting the house shutters in the garage. Had the local am station playing and they had a guest on there, I think his name was either Jeff or Jim fisher and he said a friend of his got the run by a grizzly in Whitefish, [that's when I started to pay attention], and I distinctly remember his name being Tom Brady. That's really the only reason this thread caught my attention! Sorry to everyone for dragging it off topic. May everyone here be able to hunt till it's giveout time !!!!!

05-Feb-21
I hope I die in February several decades from now. No matter how old I am, I'll have killed something the previous autumn.

05-Feb-21
It’s all fun until he gets injured. Every year he will find out injuries take longer to heal. One concussion and he will quit. One day the light will burn out and he will realize I have too much to live for.

05-Feb-21
His wife wants him out, he's out a step or 3, and makes more bad decisions each year. I've been watching him for years. Hes still good, but slowing down

If he wins Sunday he should go out on top

05-Feb-21
Ole Toms been beating the nah sayers for years. Not good enough in high school, not good enough in college and not good enough to make it in the pros. Tom Brady I hope keeps on proving them all wrong for years to come.

05-Feb-21
Pat Mahomes the next GOAT, behind Paul@thefort of coarse! Go Chiefs!!!

05-Feb-21

JB's embedded Photo
JB's embedded Photo
I'm only 62. Fire is still burning. Hoping I can still climb a ladder stand at 90. This is my dad late season this year.

06-Feb-21
I'll be 67 the end of this month and I don't see much changing for a while/few more years.

Eating well, working out daily, no bad habits like cig's or booze, keeping the mind in a great place, staying under 190 lbs @ 6'01 and keeping stress out of my life.

Tommie/#TB12 is a great source for younger men out there.

Good luck, Robb

06-Feb-21
Robb, you got the turtleneck effect.

06-Feb-21
Glad to hear you guys still have the fire inside. I’m pretty young 47. Retire from work at 50 and can’t wait to hunt even more.

07-Feb-21
The way Brady looks today, you can definitely see the fire is still there. I can see a couple more years. 50 is a eternity in football years.

I turn 50 this year and I’ve changed quite a bit in my eating and exercising regimen. I’d love to be around along time but, as I told myself a few months ago, I’m probably running on a quarter tank and I didn’t want to go into this era in the shape I’m in.

I will say this, I herniated disks in my back when I was 25 or so. Never did much for it aside from MRI’s. The pain was unbelievable and Ive spent years and years in constant pain. If it hadn’t been for that I think I’d still feel 25.

07-Feb-21
Brady looked real good. KC may have gotten a little too complacent.

There is a rich furniture guy, in Tampa I think it was, That bets millions on the SB. I think this year he bet $3 mil on TB. He's looking at a real good pay day.

07-Feb-21
Mattress Mack, 3.46 million

KC tossed any chance away with penalties.

07-Feb-21

woodguy65's embedded Photo
woodguy65's embedded Photo

07-Feb-21

ahunter76's embedded Photo
My Elk days ended when I was like 60 but only because I have been fortunate to have bowhunted them 30+ times already. Now, my knees are shot & my hunts are less physical. Deer from a srand, Hogs from stand/blind out of state & Antelope by a waterhole. I've been blessed with a long & successful journey & many adventures since 1956 when I joined organized archery & bought my 1st real bow (2020 ended 64 years of bowhunting). My desire to compete & bowhunt is definatley still there. My want to do's has changed.. I turned 79 last Nov.. My knees started making a difference when I was like 73-74.

07-Feb-21
Hell if I got the calls I could play never have seen such a biased officiating bunch of calls 95 yards in the first half come on I’m done plus I live in Florida part of the year oh well Lewis

07-Feb-21
Good stuff ahunter76! That’s a storied bowhunting career! One can only hope for such longevity!

07-Feb-21
^...X2

08-Feb-21
Hey Lewis, they missed a call. Mahommes should of had another interception. That ball did not hit the ground lol

08-Feb-21
If anything they missed even more calls against the chiefs (facemask against fournette and I agree I think the ball ruled down was an interception).

The calls were lopsided but only because the play was lopsided. The chiefs were outmatched despite being the better team all season. They were outplayed from start to finish.

08-Feb-21

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Looks like 1 Bowsiter made it to the game after all-------->

08-Feb-21
I think that's SERBIAN SHARK.

08-Feb-21
“ Hell if I got the calls I could play never have seen such a biased officiating bunch of calls 95 yards in the first half ”

Lmao!!! Chiefs got there a$$ beat

08-Feb-21
I watched 9 Super Bowls with TB under center in NE. 9. Not one felt like it was over until it was OVER... One event took overtime. I found that game oddly comforting last night. By the start of the 4th I'd lost faith in the Chiefs normal ability to score 21 points in about 3 minutes, as it was becoming clear Mahomes was hurt, the O line backups overmatched, and the Buc's D was playing out of their mind. Brady was good. But not second have against Seattle or Atlanta good. Those display's of quarterbacking were astonishing. He was just dang good all night last night and that Buc D at their best.

It was nice to watch and just know Gronk and Brady would get another.

Though I felt bad for friends that were Chief's fans...

08-Feb-21
Only game I watched all year. Tom Brady is amazing

08-Feb-21
Didn't watch it. Did they back off political stuff?

08-Feb-21
Glint, not really. They had commercials about unity...from a perspective that the former USA is completely racist.

They had all kinds of “support small business” commercials which I found ironic and maddening. Ironic because current “leadership” and various State governments have tried to completely smash small business. Maddening for the same reason.

This was the first game I watched all year. I’ll admit, I caved. I’m not a Pats, Bucc’s or even a real Brady fan but I definitely wanted him to win to enrage and prove wrong all the haters.

18 years I had the NFL Sunday ticket. Cancelled this year and didn’t watch any games until the S.B. Also turned off the Sirius XM NFL channel because of all the SJW bs. Don’t think I’ll ever go back.

08-Feb-21
I watched it and liked it. The only commercial I thought was good was the full Alexa one. Don't even remember the others.

08-Feb-21
Yes Shaft and that is a shame. I also turned of the NFL ticket but a little sooner. This was also the only game I watched this year. I stopped last year. And when Drew Breeze made some kind of stupid statement earlier this year, I knew my love for football was nearing the end. XM Radio huh? I forgot about that.

Shaft brings up a great point. We as Americans have to fight with our wallets! I’ve deleted the Google app off my smart phone as well as Safari. I deleted Amazon and Amazon Prime. I’m currently doing as much homework as I can to rid my life of anything I feel is anti American. My smartphone is next. I believe I can get a phone that is not made in China for a landline and I will look into what I can do for internet. And if I can’t find anything? Well I didn’t need it before I got it so I’m not to worried about it. Again we have to do it with our wallets before these clowns will understand. This is why you guys see me bashing made in Wuhan frequently lately.

I want to make 1 thing clear. I love America, I love the constitution and I love the Bill of Rights that the framers built this country on. If you infringe on that, vote and support those who infringe on that, you are the problem. And right now I see a whole lot of infringement. Defunding the police and wanting to infringe on the second amendment is a big issue for me and most freedom loving Americans.

You want to talk hunting? Just look around and see what the left and animal rights pricks are doing! And we have people right here supporting these antis dressed in wolves clothing! You’re damn right I’m mad and will do what I can do as an individual to fight this tyranny. This type of tyranny is exactly why the framers formed the constitution. I challenge all of you reading this to go back and read the Bill of Rights. Since the government wants to push the Wuhan Flu and ignore many other health problems in this country, I am redirecting my United Way Contributions and may bypass them all together and will send my money to the Heritage Foundation. You all can do what you want! You’re damn right I’m mad!

08-Feb-21
You guys and your white supremacist views ,Tom Brady is the second best NFL player behind Kaepernick. The Chiefs would have been awarded 30 equality points after midnight last night and the win if they didn’t have a racist name. Ok Boomers!

08-Feb-21
Wonder why Springsteen didn’t do his unity spiel during a super bowl a few years back. Funny how the lefties are all for unity now when they were screaming for blood the last four years.

Concerning the game, KC never showed up.

08-Feb-21
Trophy hill, you got it man. Money talks. Soon it may talk more than your vote.

My son turned me on to a search engine called duck duck go, which won’t instantly inundate you with leftist propaganda when you use.

Had to get away from Amazon. That wasn’t that hard and my money won’t even be noticed but, still.

08-Feb-21

BOHNTR's embedded Photo
BOHNTR's embedded Photo

08-Feb-21
Watched three games this year all Brady playoffs and super bowl Love the guy and love the haters it is puuuuure jealousy.... The thing with Brady is his style doesn't not rely on pure athleticism....he make smarts choices and can read the field incredibly well and punishes the other team when he sees gaps and rarely gets in trouble and always calm. His style can last many more years is he stay healthy

08-Feb-21
I watched again I admit I bet on KC but won more on coin toss and all was good so this is water under the bridge but the zebras calls were totally inconsistent than during the season just watch the replay and that is all I have to say about that quoting Forest Gump good luck Lewis

08-Feb-21
Too funny Shaft. I downloaded that search engine about 3 weeks ago when I deleted the others. Love how it constantly blocks google safari YouTube and lots of other stuff

08-Feb-21
Reference the flaky dude/streaker who rushed the field.....anyone remember Mike Curtis?

X2 on Duck Duck Go. I went to it about a month ago as my primary browser.

09-Feb-21
That's pretty dang Funny Roy!!!

Good luck, Robb

09-Feb-21

itshot's embedded Photo
itshot's embedded Photo

09-Feb-21

itshot's embedded Photo
itshot's embedded Photo

09-Feb-21
I'm guessing we all have to admit, Brady must "really" love the game & have the desire. It was my 1st game to watch like a few others commented. I like KC but was pulling for Brady the entire game.. I've put my body through a lot in my time but can't imaging the hits he has taken over the years.. Congratulations to him in so many ways AND as for the kid, I'm pretty sure he will get his chance down the road. Good & bad in this game but "that's sports".. Brady had the protection, KC failed in that dept...

• Sitka Gear