Inshart 10-Feb-21
Mt. man 10-Feb-21
paul@thefort 10-Feb-21
walking buffalo 10-Feb-21
paul@thefort 10-Feb-21
09-Feb-21

paul@thefort's embedded Photo
I had no idea that Chase would want to go goose hunting this morning but when I got up at 7am, he was at the bedroom door wagging his tail and looking chipper. Last night he looked very tired and sore from running down and retrieving the goose from yesterday and I also had thrown the retrieve bumper for him 8-10 times. But after his supper, a good rest, OH a baby aspirin, all is good.

09-Feb-21
Outside temp this morning was 14 degrees so I piled on the clothes but did not arrive at the blind until 8 am because the geese were not flying much and this morning not one goose came off the big lake across the highway even though there was a lot of open water.

09-Feb-21

At 9:30 this flock of locals came right over but continued on their way farther to the north. I gave them a few goose sounds but did not turn them around.
At 9:30 this flock of locals came right over but continued on their way farther to the north. I gave them a few goose sounds but did not turn them around.
I watched the flock fly away, out of the back window and when I turned around and looked out toward the decoys, WHAT!
I watched the flock fly away, out of the back window and when I turned around and looked out toward the decoys, WHAT!
I never heard this goose land 22 yards away.
I never heard this goose land 22 yards away.
goose was facing away and bedded. I waited and waited some more for it to stand up. Ok shoot it!
goose was facing away and bedded. I waited and waited some more for it to stand up. Ok shoot it!

09-Feb-21
Paul, have you ever used one of those bullhead type broadheads and aim at the neck? Seems a headless goose wouldn't fly very far!

09-Feb-21
Definitely try a head shot on that one.

09-Feb-21
I smell goose jerky!

09-Feb-21

WELL, the arrow flew, feathers flew, the goose flew. I waited for it to drop out of the sky and watched it fly out of sight honking all of the way.

I should have waited for the goose to stand up for a slam dunk shot, but I became too impatient. O well, I got to hunt, I got a shot, Chase had a good outing and even got a few treats just for showing up. Yep, me too---just for showing up. Tomorrow morning is another day. Thanks for following. my best, Paul

09-Feb-21
Looked like a tough shot.

09-Feb-21
Love reading these Paul. What do you use for broadheads for goose?

09-Feb-21

09-Feb-21
That’s a great picture of Chase ! He’s getting a little of that gray in his beard, kinda like his master. ;-)

09-Feb-21
Looked like a tough shot.

09-Feb-21
Hey Don, it's called MATURITY

Hey Dan, never have used the "off with their head" BH

10-Feb-21
Dang Paul, ya could be feeding the homeless with all the harvest your having this year!

Paul's Goose Soup Kitchen

Good luck, Robb

10-Feb-21
Paul, glad you and Chase made it out. Thanks for the great pics and taking us along. Better luck next time!

10-Feb-21
Have you ever done an afternoon hunt?

10-Feb-21
Texas heart shot or on bowsite better known as an attempted hamblaster!!! Bwahahaha!

10-Feb-21
Bob, no afternoon hunts. When the local geese return they usually head for the lake and pond for water. I have seen a few geese, early on, in the pasture in the afternoon but since I am on private property, I limit the hunting to the am. good question. Paul

10-Feb-21
Love the threads, get frustrated when you miss, for Chase's sake. And sad to hear of his aches.

Something to look into for Chase is an anti-inflammatory for dogs,

My old girl Coco is 15 now with great overall health and spirit, except her old back legs are wearing out (knees and hips). I thought I was going to have to put her down a few months ago, she could barely walk some days, could not go up any stairs.

Doc prescribed her Deramaxx, 50 mg a day. Wow! This has been life changing for her. Stairs are no problem, and for the first time in two years I am calling her back from walking too fast and far ahead of me.

Have a talk with Chase's doc. Maybe this is something that will help give him a couple more seasons of hunting.

10-Feb-21
Thanks Dale, I will check into that med. Paul

• Sitka Gear