wyobullshooter 09-Feb-21
Steve H. 10-Feb-21
Bigfoot 10-Feb-21
stringgunner 10-Feb-21
hoytshooter1 11-Feb-21
wyobullshooter 11-Feb-21
jfish 14-Feb-21
09-Feb-21
Looking for a new, mobile treestand and have narrowed it down to 3 models - XOP Vanish Evolution, Lone Wolf Assault II and the Millennium M7 Microlite. The first 2 look to be more packable, with a slimmer profile. The last one looks to have a more comfortable seat but less adjustability for dealing with less than perfect trees. I have an older Millennium (100) and the seat is certainly comfortable. Any experience on the first two for comfort? One of my plans for this setup is as an all day unit, so comfort is important. But, it could also be potentially packed a long ways, so weight and profile is also important. Also, considering the M100U for the purpose. It is a few pounds heavier, but certainly the most comfortable. Looks to be fairly bulky though, which might make it too big? Opinions?

09-Feb-21
I have never used a saddle but read a lot of guys like them. If your worried about weight and packing in a long ways this might be an option

09-Feb-21
I lugged a climber around the last 3 years.....shot my biggest deer of course, with the climber. Had to carry that out too. This year I didn’t get out much for bow but mostly still hunted during my state and PA gun season. I’m buying a saddle this spring to be able to climb up and hang without the weight of a stand to lug around. Platform, couple sticks and aiders and a few ropes. Way lighter and pick a tree and go. Unlike the climber where the tree had to “work”

09-Feb-21
XOP all day! I’ve hunted out of an Ambush sit and clime for years and love it. Hard to go wrong with it.

09-Feb-21
Used Lone Wolf for years, super quiet, and I carry an extra seat pad they sell that is softer than the seat it comes with.

09-Feb-21
I used an API Outdoors hang-on for over 20 yrs and loved it. However, I'm not as young as I used to be and it was heavy and a complete PITA to hang. I bought a Lone Wolf Assault II a couple months ago and although I haven't had the opportunity to use it yet, between the light weight and the way it attaches, it will be so much easier to hang. I did read some reviews that the seat can get a bit uncomfortable, so I bought a Hunt Comfort Hiker seat on amazon. It has lots of cushion and fits the Assault like a glove.

09-Feb-21
Bullshooter your definately gonna want to use that upgraded seat!

09-Feb-21
^^^^ It's already on! :-)

10-Feb-21
Yes, very nice to pack and carry about 3 pounds of saddle gear vs an 8 pound clunky stand! Either way you'll have additional weight for preferred climbing method.

10-Feb-21
I have considered the saddle option, and have tried them in the past, but not something I have found terribly comfortable. Where I hunt, it can get pretty cold, so layering up with big clothing is a must. Not sure this would work in a saddle and think the stand would be a more huntable option for me. Leaning towards the XOP at the moment. Ran across the Hunt Comfort seats. Appears that the Hiker model has been a popular choice to use on the Lone Wolf. Anyone know if the same would work on the XOP?

10-Feb-21
I have packed in an M100U and gear to a spot that is just over 3 miles one way. I will sit all day and leave the stand for 4-5 days while hiking in and out each day. For this purpose it’s not to bad. No way would I pack that around for a single day sit here or there. I honestly don’t even like the pack in and out over 4 days. BUT for the comfort over a 4-5 day hunt it’s hard to beat. Especially with 10-13 hours in the stand each day. It’s bulky to pack, and not very light after all your other gear is added.

I have never been interested in the saddle, but may need to look into based on comments here.

11-Feb-21
Rob, I'm just glad that you aren't throwin in the towel just yet... going off some of our conversations, I thought that you might not play the game any more. And you can always call me to come help you pack out a big bull. I'll even let you blindfold me till we get to him, just so I don't know where you're killin all these elk.......lol

11-Feb-21
Haha, thanks Dan. As time passes and the remembrance of all that pain subsides, the passion returns...kinda like a woman after having a baby. ;-)

14-Feb-21
Bigfoot searched for the lightest comfortable stand like yourself for years, tough. One suggestion that added comfort but minimal weight to any of the models similar to the ones your looking at. Cut yourself a 10”x10” piece of medium density foam with some 550 cord lashed thru it. Use it as a back pad, or extra butt pad which ever hurts the most that day. Most of the time it was lashed to the tree as a back pad. Benefit far out weighted the few ounces added to load. Good luck

• Sitka Gear