mgmicky 13-Feb-21
hdaman 13-Feb-21
Slate 13-Feb-21
Skipo 13-Feb-21
scndwfstlhntng 14-Feb-21
Supernaut 15-Feb-21
EMB 16-Feb-21
11-Feb-21
I switched to a Lone Wolf Assault hand climber last season and love it. I'd like to upgrade the seat cushion. The stand is great and the factory cushion is ok but I'd like something a little more "cushy" for those all day sits. Just for reference, I'm 150 lbs but have a bony posterior.

I saw another member, Bigfoot, mentioned the Hunt Comfort seat cushions in another thread. I checked the website and they look pretty nice. I'd like to hear anyone's experience with the Hunt Comfort cushion or any other cushion that would be compatible with the Lone Wolf.

Thanks in advance!

11-Feb-21
I bought a Hunt Comfort Hiker seat on Amazon for my Lone Wolf Assault hang-on. It’s extremely comfortable and fits like a glove. I’m confident you won’t be disappointed.

11-Feb-21
The Hunt Comfort Hiker seat is on sale on the Shadow Hunters website (they bought out Hunt Comfort). Apparently they are going to rebrand them and getting out of stock. $29.99. Unfortunately, they don't ship to Canada (where I am) so I'm looking at near to $90.00 up here from Amazon.

11-Feb-21
The Hunt Comfort Hiker seat is absolutely the best thing you can do for your Lone Wolf. It has made all-day sits much, much easier. Wish I'd done it years earlier.

11-Feb-21
Hunt comfort used to make one for lone wolf stands a few years ago. I've had mine probably 7 or 8 years at least. Still just like new. It's not a light weight option but it's hands down the most comfortable if your hunting all day.

11-Feb-21

12yards's Link
Anyone try this one?

11-Feb-21
Have not tried it, but looks to be the seat that comes with the XOP stand. I have seen a number of poor reviews for that seat, none good.

11-Feb-21
I just ordered the Hunt Comfort Hiker from Shadowhunter for $29.99 ($34.00 with shipping). The website was having trouble calculating shipping for some reason so I called customer service to place my order. The gentleman I spoke with was very friendly and helpful.

Thanks all for the opinions and responses.

11-Feb-21
I have a couple of XOP stand and the first thing I did was replace the seat. I found a pc foam at Walmart with a Mossy Oak label on them. They come with a cinch strap. They are only about 3/4" thick, but I find them comfortable enough for an all day sit. I can't stand a seat that is 2-3" thick and with so little support / rigidness that it collapses to 1/4" as soon as I sit on it. Way too noisy this way both sitting down and getting up while the pad squishes down and expands when you stand up.

11-Feb-21
I put on a "net seat" from hazmore outdoors. it's very comfortable, light weight, easy install.

11-Feb-21
also...very quiet, slips back out of the way when you want to stand with little to no effort at all and free's up the entire platform of your stand.

12-Feb-21

Cheesehead Mike's embedded Photo
Cheesehead Mike's embedded Photo
I put the Hazmor net seat on my Lone Wolf sit and climb too but he's asking about the Assault hand climber. The Hazmor seat won't work on that because the rigid base under the seat cushion is part of the structure and you can't remove it and put a net seat on.

12-Feb-21
Just ordered the Hunt Comfort seat from Shadow Hunter. Thanks for the tip.

12-Feb-21
I've used this sitting on a stump, a rock, in ladder stands, and in a folding metal chair. Bulky but light and comfortable. I bungee it to my day pack for the walk in and out.

https://www.amazon.com/Northeast-Products-Self-Supporting-Hunting-Cushion/dp/B07HNSPR79

12-Feb-21
I have trouble sitting for long periods also, I have tried every pad/seat known to man in the past 20 years and have even spent $100 on a gel seat.

Now don`t laugh but the absolute best seat is the donut shaped foam seat you buy at Walgrens. Your boney rear end fits in the hole and the pad supports your legs and back.

It`s waterproof, but it`s yellow so you need to throw some camo paint and a strap on it. I carry it in and out and goes to every stand site. I have hip implants and a bad back and this thing is the best I have found.

12-Feb-21
I have been looking for a better seat and went right ahead and bought the Hunt Comfort hiker seat as indicated. They are still having the problem as of yesterday, with on line purchases and the shipping calculation, so if you are buying go straight to calling them up to place the order

12-Feb-21
just finished online transaction went thru ok.

Hunt Comfort Hiker Gel Core Hunting Seat × 1$29.99 SHIPPING: $5 via Flat Rate TOTAL: $34.99 PAYMENT METHOD: Credit Card

13-Feb-21
Yep same here, $5 shipping and went through without a hitch.

Paid with PayPal.

13-Feb-21
Ditto here too. Thanks for the heads up

13-Feb-21
Ordered one no problem. Thanks for the tip. Hopefully this helps relieve some lower back pain!

13-Feb-21

Slate's embedded Photo
Slate's embedded Photo
Yes this is the best investment I made many years ago. I never hunt without it.

13-Feb-21
I bought the egg sitter cushion "as seen on TV" for 14.00. The wife sewed a sholderbag to carry it in. It is the most confortable seat I have used. I used it during the whole season. No evidence of wear on the cushion or me. It does not freeze or hold water.

14-Feb-21
skipo you got the deal of the century.

15-Feb-21
Received my Hunt Comfort Hiker seat cushion on Saturday. It came a few days ahead of schedule. I'm looking forward to trying it out when the weather breaks.

Thanks again for everyone's responses and especially Bigfoot for his heads up on the great deal!

16-Feb-21
Wow, I feel like a cheap skate. I bought a 12" x 12" pillow from Wallmart, spray painted it flat black, installed 2 grommets in the back corners, and used some cammo paracord to tie it to the seat so I could flip it up or down. Total cost less than $15. You may laugh, but it works for me.

• Sitka Gear