Native Okie 14-Feb-21
x-man 15-Feb-21
Ironbow-cell 15-Feb-21
JL 15-Feb-21
x-man 15-Feb-21
MathewsMan 15-Feb-21
Jaquomo 15-Feb-21
12-Feb-21
Just a heads up- Got an email earlier today that Sportsman's Warehouse is having a big winter closeout sale off Sitka clothing going on now.

12-Feb-21
They are doing 20% some items on their website also.

12-Feb-21
Do they sell shotguns? I really want a new shotgun :)

12-Feb-21
Is there a Bergara in 7-08?

12-Feb-21
On a serious note I'm pretty well set, or I'd definitely be interested.

Thanks for the heads up

12-Feb-21
All Sitka 20% off at Scheels as well.

12-Feb-21
I figured this going to be a jimmy2time thread

12-Feb-21
For all you on here that are first responders, military, county or city workers or teachers LEO adventures has some really good deals on sitka and other gear for $25 per year.

12-Feb-21
Think he got the boot JohnMC. He hasn’t been harassing the mass thread all week.

12-Feb-21
They got any of that First Lite on sale?

12-Feb-21
20% off of Sitka prices ain’t a sale. It just gets the price down to extremely high. :^)

Anyways, thanks for the heads up. I’m just trying to be funny.

12-Feb-21
That was funny. Well done

13-Feb-21
Sitka is anti-Alaska, buy another product line.

13-Feb-21
How so, Bob?

13-Feb-21
They oppose oil & gas development. Not only anti-Alaska, that position is anti-American.

13-Feb-21

midwest's Link
More info...

13-Feb-21
Sounds like they want to protect the state not hurt it

13-Feb-21
Did I read that right made in China? Didn’t realize it was.

13-Feb-21
Protect the state from prosperity?

13-Feb-21
Ya bit of contradiction in Stika views on petroleum.

“The ironies are rich with this one: Sitka Gear has its outdoor wear manufactured in China, and most of it is petroleum-based. It’s doubtful the the workers constructing the gear are covered by labor agreements or workplace safety regulations. Its parent company is based in Delaware but it has offices in more than 25 countries, with manufacturing operations in the U.S., Germany, United Kingdom, China and Japan.

Gore’s founder Bill Gore was posthumously inducted into The Plastics Academy’s Plastics Hall of Fame in 1990. Plastics, of course, made of petroleum.

14-Feb-21
Love Sitka. But at such a premium, wish it were USA made. FL and Kuiu are not either. I know it is more expensive to make here, but, I'd be willing to pay a little more and support one of these premium brands over the others if one of them would take that leap, but, understand they risk losing sales and profits to do so - so there is risk involved - but great product

14-Feb-21
I think Bob said it best,”they oppose oil and gas development”. And I’m relatively sure coal development is high on that list, as well. It’s totally Anti- American. They’re in China for one reason and one reason only, a ten-fold increase in profits, if not higher. In light of what has happened in the last year, Sitka should be concerned about all the American toes they are stepping on. They’re the same ones, who in fact, will purchase their China made product.

14-Feb-21
I don't know the specifics, but I do know how debates can get escalated even when details are unknown....so is Sitka AGAINST ALL oil drilling , or just in the ANWR ?? I think that 's a fairer question.

14-Feb-21
They could be against drilling molars for cavities for all I care. I am interested in clothes when I consider them. Nothing more nothing less. I look elsewhere to make political statements. Every company for every product has some aspect that some don’t like. So what

14-Feb-21
I guess what we know what you are now, bou. Now it’s just about haggling on a price...

14-Feb-21
Seems to me a pure political decision to oppose development in ANWAR. That decision tells me all I need to know because the benefits of development in ANWAR certainly outweigh risks to anything.

14-Feb-21
Thanks for the info. Good to know, but not surprising either.

15-Feb-21
Please send me all of your Sitka Clothing and I will dispose of it properly.

15-Feb-21
If you want really high quality clothing American made, get Grey Wolf Woolens ir Day One. I have Grey Wolfs insulated jacket in the Wolfskin with the offset zipper like the Sitka Fanatic and it is fantastic. Day One Cowboy Suede might be as close to the perfect bow hunting material made.

15-Feb-21
I think as word of Sitka's political stance spreads across the hunting and shooting forums....they will loose on this one.

15-Feb-21
I doubt they'll notice a hit in their sales. Just like Jeep won't notice a hit in their sales.

Curious to know Pat's stance on this, given that they're a sponsor.

15-Feb-21
Never had any and now won’t

15-Feb-21
Sitka has no reason to be "against" exploration in ANWR other than to virtue-signal their wokeness to their younger demographic. The hypocrisy of their political leanings (and operations) is comical, but so are those of some other woke organizations that supposedly involve hunting.

• Sitka Gear