Ermine 20-Feb-21
Whitley09 20-Feb-21
JusPassin 20-Feb-21
pav 20-Feb-21
Ironbow 20-Feb-21
Ermine 20-Feb-21
20-Feb-21
Wondering who's used this before.

Not super impressed with the older Fanstic set I have, seems to be losing insulation.

Considering the Wolfskin comformax and liteloft lined bibs and jacket.

Hunting Iowa whitetails and predator hunting, needs to be able to keep me on stand all day

20-Feb-21
I can definitely not sit all day in that clothing.

I found the material to be soft and quiet but it is weak and tears easily

Maybe others had better experiences

20-Feb-21

20-Feb-21
I have some original unlined Wolfskin in Predator spring green that I bought in '99 and it's awesome stuff but I don't know anything about the newer version. I also have some Predator wool from Hidden Wolf which was the predecessor to Gray Wolf. I love that stuff. I don't think they offer predator pattern anymore but you might want to check out their other wool clothing.

20-Feb-21
I have a grey wolf wool jacket. That thing is warm and quiet. I will say that I’ve had an older Sitka fanatic jacket and it was a muck better fit for me. Just buy wool lol mine is predator fall grey and that is far superior to Sitka camo (sorry Sitka fans but for tree stand whites it’s true)

20-Feb-21
Back in the day I used the original wolf skin. It was so awesome! Tough and quiet. However I think they changed the material a little and it’s not as good as the original.

20-Feb-21
I have some of the wolf skin, the pants did not hold up, I have the camp shirt which is soft a comfortable.

I don’t wear any of it anymore it just hangs in the garage.

20-Feb-21
I've got some of it, and it it nice stuff, but I have to say you hardly need to sit in a stand all day to get a deer, unless you just like sitting in stands.

20-Feb-21
Bought a custom pair of lined Wolfskin coveralls fifteen years ago....before they stopped making them. Never regretted the purchase. Only wear them while in a treestand. All day sits are not an issue. Got my first tear this past fall and will be shipping them back to Grey Wolf for repair soon.

20-Feb-21
I have the jacket with Comformax and insulated in the Wolfskin J, the older stuff. It has the diagonal zipper with the front hand pouch like the Sitka Fanatic. I think it is fantastic! Very warm. I don't bust brush with it, just stand hunt. So I can't really talk about it's durability, although I read up on it extensively and others claim it does very well.

If you want really tough stuff, look at Day One Camo Cowboy Suede. I have samples of the material and it is the bomb. Very tough, yet soft as butter. I have a parka and bibs ordered. Only three camo patterns, Predator gray, Window Camo and ASAT.

20-Feb-21

• Sitka Gear