yooper89 22-Feb-21
trophyhill 22-Feb-21
NoWiser 22-Feb-21
trophyhill 22-Feb-21
NoWiser 22-Feb-21
Candor 24-Feb-21
WV Mountaineer 24-Feb-21
20-Feb-21
In the context of lots of negative feelings about many hunting TV shows, Meat Eaters usually gets good comments. I am usually as disappointed as the next guy and it has gotten progressively more and more blatant with most shows and their endless product placement and unabashed baiting. However, if you love the real adventure of hunting, I would suggest that you see S8E8 of Meat Eaters as he and his brother go after sheep. The quality or the filming and editing, and the beauty of the setting are just outstanding. The sentiments conveyed are real and "classy". Take a look. I think that you will be entertained, pleased, and relieved to see our passion in a very positive light for a change

20-Feb-21
Rinella does an amazing job. Listened to a podcast he was on the other day that I'd missed a few years ago, on Anchored with April Vokey (insanely skilled fly fisherman and fly tyer) and it was awesome. Ill have to check this out. Thanks for the tip.

20-Feb-21
I think MeatEater is the about best hunting show out there as far as editing and content.

20-Feb-21
One of the best on TV

20-Feb-21
I agree, hunting public and meateater fill up my boring evenings.

Wired to hunt podcast is great as well.

20-Feb-21
Thought the same thing about the episode. I also like the realism as he doesn’t always get a trophy or an animal on many of his hunts. A good story and appreciation of the game he pursues

20-Feb-21
Haven’t seen the episode. But, I spent the last year occasionally researching Steve Rinella. I was wanting info on his belief to support all hunting and trapping. What’ve I’ve found is he is definitely a friend to hunting. He is one of us. So, I’m a fan.

I’m also a fan of his shows. First class productions. And, while I may not agree with his sentiments and expressions or, his approach on everything, I truly applaud the man. For his convictions and his shows that get me through the off seasons.

20-Feb-21
It’s the only show I watch on occasion. No trophy hunting. I like the recipes at the end. And NO CUSHY HIGH DOLLAR PRIVATE LAND BULL CRAP! You and I can do any hunt you see on there.

20-Feb-21
Yep almost the only suitable show on Netflix, enjoy watching Steve’s excursions.

20-Feb-21
You think meat eater is good. Western hunter is amazing. Very well filmed

20-Feb-21
Is that on you tube Ermine?

20-Feb-21
I enjoy the show I saw one where he talks about him and the whole crew getting trichinosis from undercooked bear meat

20-Feb-21
Meat eater is one of the best shows going, Randy Newburg does a great job too. If I were to choose a representative for hunting it would be these two.

21-Feb-21
Ermine is right, Western Hunter is good, as is Randy Newberg

21-Feb-21
Give Stars in the Sky on a Netflix a watch as well. Its a documentary made by Rinella on why we hunt and is very well done.

21-Feb-21
X2 on Stars in the Sky. There is one more BIG reason that I wish was included in why we hunt to manage animals but, it is still a great representation for hunting to anybody on the fence about it.

22-Feb-21
I also listened to a Meat Eater podcast a couple weeks ago before this thread popped up in which Rinella was gushing over the liberal politician Martin Heinrich who is all for banning fossil fuels in our state. Which by the way is responsible for nearly 40 percent of the states budget. Not impressed........

22-Feb-21
I didn’t hear that. What I have heard and watched was Rinella tout the habitat created by mountain top removal. For, the habitat needed to support elk in the East.

22-Feb-21
Rinella, Newburg and the Hunting Public boys............................................best on TV! ;-)

22-Feb-21
Watched that episode last night. Good stuff. I noticed the pilot that dropped them off was the same pilot that flew me in for my hunt in 2016.

22-Feb-21
Trophy, in the same podcast he also expressed his trepidation concerning the current pick for Interior Secretary. Given the current administration, Heinrich would be about as good as you could hope for, for the position. That’s what he was getting at, and I agree with him 100%. Who would you rather have, Haaland or Heinrich? You don’t get to pick anyone else, because that wouldn’t be the context of Steve’s conversation.

22-Feb-21
Trophy, in the same podcast he also expressed his trepidation concerning the current pick for Interior Secretary. Given the current administration, Heinrich would be about as good as you could hope for, for the position. That’s what he was getting at, and I agree with him 100%. Who would you rather have, Haaland or Heinrich? You don’t get to pick anyone else, because that wouldn’t be the context of Steve’s conversation.

22-Feb-21
NoWiser you mean to tell me somebody on here cherry picked one thing that was said, took it out of context, and ran with it? I for one am shocked!

22-Feb-21
Both are liberals and both bad choices. Is Heinrich the lesser of 2 evils? I doubt it. He’s proven to speak out of both sides of his mouth in the past. A typical lying lifetime politician. With Haaland you at least know who you are getting. Not that I’m a fan of her either......

22-Feb-21
So you prefer Haaland. Got it. I personally think having an avid public land hunter at that position would be beneficial, but that’s just my opinion and I respect yours.

22-Feb-21
I didn’t say I prefer either one. In fact why don’t you go back and read it again since you no comprendo......to be clear, I got no patience for liberals or those who support them. Where do you fit in?

22-Feb-21
Where do I fit in? I like Steve and enjoy most of his content. I agree with his assessment that Heinrich would have been a much better choice for hunters than Haaland. My opinion is that the only thing that kept Heinrich from getting the nod is thats he’s a white male, but that’s just a guess.

24-Feb-21
Rinella has to be the smartest and most articulate hunting personality out there. I have zero interest in most outdoor shows simply because there is no substantively different content between the shows and watching someone shoot a deer. Meateater is distinctly different in his approach, comprehension of the sport/critters and communication skills.

As related to other personalities hunting over bait. A friend of mine hunted with an outfitter and he said that Lee (last name??) and Tiffany hunted with him in the past but Lee wouldn't hunt over bait. That could be a total bullshit comment as he may regularly do so, and I don't have a clue.

24-Feb-21
I don’t like liberal policy or, most liberals to be honest about it. But, Rinella is neither from what I’ve seen. He’s an avid hunter, trapper, and fisherman. And, seems very intent and dedicated to ensure those activities remain an option for all Americans.

He hasn’t needed the money for a while. So, I’m convinced, until given a reason not to be, that he does it out of true conviction.

However, If he ever does something to prove me wrong on all that, I’ll be the first to line up in opposition against him.

• Sitka Gear