ahunter76 22-Feb-21
Ollie 22-Feb-21
ahunter76 22-Feb-21
caribou77 22-Feb-21
ahunter76 22-Feb-21
Kurt 22-Feb-21
Bou'bound 22-Feb-21
21-Feb-21
Years ago I chased these critters 2 different times. I know the season was closed for us but a friend told me the other day it was opening up again. I have no plans to go but was just wondering if true.

21-Feb-21
Been up there 15 times starting in 1986. Would be nice but health and retirement would prevent going.

21-Feb-21
If so I’d hold off a season or two to see how it goes. I can still remember the Tutulik thread!

21-Feb-21
I’d be back with the humes the year it opened but it won’t happen. Been on three great trips with tutulick then three with richard and amanda hume

A great adventure. the country, the logistics, the game, two tags, small camps, the ancillary benefits of time up there, and the overall experience was the absolute best hunting value in north america. bar none.

It won’t be open anytime soon.

21-Feb-21
I never got to go. Took it for granted all those years and then poof!

21-Feb-21
I’d be back with Richard in the first flight if it did open. Where did this knews come from?

21-Feb-21

gobbler's embedded Photo
gobbler's embedded Photo
Went when it was at its prime

21-Feb-21
3 times there never fired an arrow... I’d sign up tonight if it were true

21-Feb-21
Once DIY with Sammy Cantafio’s Ungava Adventures. Definitely best value in a hunt anywhere. Killed 2 bulls. I love that tundra country!

21-Feb-21

Too many bows Bob's embedded Photo
Too many bows Bob's embedded Photo
Been there twice with Richard, and can't say enough good about him. I took 4 caribou with my longbow, closest was 3 yards. If they open up again, he would be a great choice to have as an outfitter. TMBB

21-Feb-21

TREESTANDWOLF's embedded Photo
TREESTANDWOLF's embedded Photo
One of the best hunts I’ve ever been on. Richard and Amanda ran a stellar operation.

Oh the Northern Lights.

It would be great if they did allow the season once again.

21-Feb-21
Well as much as I’d love to see this come true I’m afraid it’s not. I quick sent Richard a message after seeing this thread. He’s the man that would know. And he hasn’t heard anything about it. For those interested he’s still working his new fishing camp Wedge Hills. Though they too are seeing the effects of Covid on the hunting community. I don’t believe they were about to run last year. Beautiful place he has there. If only I liked fishing as much as caribou hunting

21-Feb-21
Went with Leaf River Outfitters a year or two before the season closed. Had good luck, but wish I could’ve gone with the Humes from what I’ve heard.

21-Feb-21
One of my favorite hunts also. Great adventure it was.

22-Feb-21
Go while you can. You don’t know what the future will hold.

22-Feb-21
It’s already been closed Ollie.

22-Feb-21

ahunter76's embedded Photo
I was in a camp bowhunting Hogs in Jan & oneof the guys there said it was opening. Pulledsomething up on his phone. Like others I have seen nothing else about it. I definatley enjoyed & so glad I took my son for the experience.

22-Feb-21
Yes, I know. Was referring to go on trips when able because stuff happens and changes come where you may not get another chance.

22-Feb-21

My kid sent me this. Trying to find out who is running the ad.

22-Feb-21
That hunt takes place in New foundland.

22-Feb-21
Thanks caribou, he sent me the rest of the info. Newfoundland it is..

22-Feb-21
Except Newfoundland had the Woodland species???

22-Feb-21
labrador is part of newfoundland it is considered one province

Newfoundland and Labrador is the most easterly province in Canada, and is at the north-eastern corner of North America.[12] The Strait of Belle Isle separates the province into two geographical parts: Labrador, which is a large area of mainland Canada, and Newfoundland, an island in the Atlantic Ocean.[13] The province also includes

• Sitka Gear