WV Mountaineer 24-Feb-21
Shaft2Long 25-Feb-21
Coyote 65 25-Feb-21
Pat Lefemine 25-Feb-21
Hackbow 25-Feb-21
Will 25-Feb-21
Coyote 65 25-Feb-21
24-Feb-21
What happened to my yesterday's post about Deb Haaland? Not a trace.

24-Feb-21
NoWiser is probably a Google operative and had it deleted ;)

24-Feb-21
I see it late last night Jim. Good post, not sure why it’s gone.

24-Feb-21
You were censored by small tech. If my smart ass post on your thread contributed to it being pulled, my bad.

24-Feb-21
Jim, I’ll look into it. I saw it and did not remove it.

We are trying to limit the political discussions here in case you haven’t noticed. Prior to removing the community forum we kept the big game forums focused on hunting topics. I’m still working to bring a non-hunting forum back but it’s tied to a larger project so it will be a little while longer.

I can’t (and won’t) let our hunting forums become consumed with politics. So we are allowing some topics and removing others. My editors probably felt we had enough political discussions running concurrently.

There’s just no way to keep everyone happy given the political climate we’re in right now.

24-Feb-21
Gee, I wonder which moderator removed it? ;-)

Of all the political threads, one involving the Dept. of the Interior should be one to remain, IMO.

24-Feb-21
Pat....are you familiar with the website "Accurate Reloading"? They have a political comments forum that, while it gets wild and wooly at times, does seem to keep most of the vicious political comment off the other forums.

24-Feb-21
Pat, I can't think of anything more important to hunting today than the character of the person in charge of our public lands. This is your site and you can do what you want with it but this is very disappointing.

24-Feb-21
Yes Haaland is a serious radical liberal for sure and I’m hearing she would love to redistribute our federal lands. Goes hand in hand with race equity the radicals are pushing. And no, Heinrich would not have been any better considering he is a lying liberal who supports the radical left

24-Feb-21
Pushing her nomination because of her being "Native American"

24-Feb-21
Read Nick’s post again Jim.

25-Feb-21
The only good thing about Haalands appt. is that in 4 years she’s gone. Hopefully she can be reigned in until then. But, considering how spineless republicans are, she’ll get what she wants.

25-Feb-21
Pat, I would have to bet that your traffic is down after removing the community. I know that I used to visit half a dozen times a day, now maybe twice a week, and suspect others do the same.

Terry

25-Feb-21
Terry, you are correct. We lost 10% during the season and 13% during the off season. That's why we're looking to bring something similar back but it will be much better than before. I should have an announcement coming out shortly.

25-Feb-21
That's good to hear Pat. The aggregate news gathering on the CF was equal or better, and more consistently reliable, than any single source I've come across. Plus, fun as all get out.

25-Feb-21
The best part about the CF, was the dude who posted the bacon making method thread. I'm sorry. There were cool life stories, pretty intense political stuff, fun random things like fishing threads or what not... But the bacon making thing was pure genius.

I'm cool with DH. But if you were on the CF... You would have guessed that ha ha ha!

Best of luck with the work Pat.

25-Feb-21
Don't forget Stormrider, fake but funny.

Terry

• Sitka Gear