BOWNBIRDHNTR 26-Feb-21
Drahthaar 26-Feb-21
Bou'bound 26-Feb-21
t-roy 26-Feb-21
pirogue 26-Feb-21
25-Feb-21

Greg S's embedded Photo
Greg S's embedded Photo
Have had my eye on a second lion hunt after my first one was unsuccessful in Idaho. A friend had hunted deer with a good outfitter in NV that I was considering. When I saw a discounted hunt with good snow conditions on Saturday morning I called and booked it. Hit the road Sunday to make the 880mile drive. First morning of the hunt was still snowing and windy. Most tracks were filling in and we failed to find any cat tracks. Second morning the wind and snow had subsided and conditions were perfect. Mid morning we located a tom track headed into the bluffs. Unsure if the dogs could make it up we released them. After about 15 minites they made it up on top of the rim and the chase was on. Cat made a big oval loop and treed 800yards as the crow flies from our location. A good vertical hike picking our way up through the bluffs and there was a nice tom in the tree. As the dogs got tied up the tom came down and the dogs had to re-tree him about a 100yards away. 10 yard shot found its mark and I put my hands on a great cat. Guides dragged him out whole and he was weighed at 152 pounds when we checked him in at game and fish.

26-Feb-21
Damn Nice!!

Congrats,

Robb

26-Feb-21
Way to go! Beautiful cat

26-Feb-21
Good work! I want one like that.

26-Feb-21
Congrats!! Full body mount? Rug?

26-Feb-21
Congrats on a beautiful cat!

26-Feb-21
Awesome. Great looking Cat.

26-Feb-21
Great Cat, congrats.

26-Feb-21

Greg S's embedded Photo
Greg S's embedded Photo
Forgot to mention he had half a tail. Completely healed, biologist though he lost it in a fight or frosbite years before. Ill be doing a full body mount. Something coming down some rocks with snow. Maybe like this.

26-Feb-21
Greg, interesting about the cat's tail. The one I killed in Colorado only had half a tail length. The taxidermist found a tail and tacked on the needed length. I had a rug completed, but a full mount sure looks cool and shows what these cats are all about, strong and an apex predictor. . Paul

26-Feb-21
Congrats on a beautiful cat! Make sure you pick a good taxidermist and not necessarily go with your "regular" guy because that's who you always use

26-Feb-21
Those downward facing mounts w/ open mouths look good. Congrats again. I'm gonna get one of those.

26-Feb-21
I think that’s the only species I could see doing a full-body on...

That’s a big Gato...

26-Feb-21
Nice cat, congrats!!

26-Feb-21
That's a beautiful cat! Thanks for the inspiration! I hunted lions in Arizona in January. Had a great hunt but we just couldn't close the deal. Got lucky and was able to schedule another try. I fly out Wednesday. K-114 is supposed to be joining me. Hopefully she'll bring a little luck along with her!

26-Feb-21
Nice. Forrest

26-Feb-21
Great Tom. Nice job.

26-Feb-21
Congrats on your cat, Greg!

26-Feb-21
Congrats

• Sitka Gear