fastflight 02-May-21
SIP 02-May-21
'Ike' (Phone) 03-May-21
TODDY 03-May-21
molsonarcher 04-May-21
08-Mar-21

molsonarcher's embedded Photo
Good morning Bowsite! Hopefully these little guys will brighten some of your guys day like they do ours. Born 3/5, but waited to post since we had a struggler. Everyone is well now and getting bigger already.

08-Mar-21
That's awesome, man. Momma has her paws full.

Matt

08-Mar-21
Now I get your handle! Great dogs! OOPS, I saw Grey Ghost and thought she was his dog. Thought she was a Weimerheimer.

08-Mar-21
Thanks guys. They are awesome dogs and just had to share them.

08-Mar-21
Pics of dogs and pups always make me smile, thanks for sharing them! Hope mama and all the babies are doing great!

How many did she have? Looks like 9 or 10 in the pic.

08-Mar-21
I’ll take all of them!

08-Mar-21
Supernaut, she had 11! 7 males and 3 females

08-Mar-21
If a puppy can't brighten your day, nothing will!

08-Mar-21
Beautiful!

08-Mar-21
Beautiful momma! Definitely a nice Monday morning boost. Especially for us, cuz we get to see the pic and think about all the warm fuzzies but dont have to deal with any of the mess.....;^)

08-Mar-21
Brotsky, we got the mom from a breeder in S.D. back in 2018. She is amazing and I have a deposit with the same breeder for another!

08-Mar-21
11.....Holy cow!!!! She's going to need a vacation after all those pups are weened!

08-Mar-21
SIP, mom has been great. It was a hairy start, but about halfway through she turned into a rockstar. It has been smooth sailing since. We change the shelling pads in the pen 2-3 times daily and all is well. For her first litter it truly has been pretty easy.

The first born was the runt and he had a quick scare with a temperature problem, antibiotics 2x a day and all is well with him. The rest are picture perfect. Most have gained 2oz so far so right on track.

08-Mar-21
Awesome great to see! My 13 yr old yellow Lab died last week so strange to shed hunt alone now!

08-Mar-21
Beautiful pic to start my Day...Congrats !

08-Mar-21
Man that's a lot of mouths to feed. You keeping all of them?

08-Mar-21
That is a nice pic to open up to on a Monday morning! I’m assuming she’s lab? What color is she? She looks silver/grey.

08-Mar-21
Embry, she is a silver, but gets registered as chocolate. It takes the dilute recessive gene from both parents to produce the color. My charcoal male is registered as black, same genes different sequence. The really pale yellow labs that look almost white are dilute as well, often referred to as champagnes.

Bowboy, I wish I could keep them all. Currently 6-7 of them are spoken for. I know one for sure is going to Texas to a breeder we know, the rest so far are staying fairly local.

Rob, a good lab will find as many sheds as we do and ours go every time we head out to look. I’m sorry to hear that you lost yours. None of them are replaceable. We are on our 5th and 6th labs now and can’t imagine not having one.

08-Mar-21
Thanks for posting!!!

08-Mar-21
We have some great labs out here in the Dakota's :)

08-Mar-21
Great picture! Just talking with a friend this weekend whether I'm going to get another. Had to put an excellent Golden Retriever to sleep last August and the house is a lot different without my buddy. Had a dog all my life and this is the longest without one. And for a guy living alone that's a big change.

08-Mar-21
Who cares I totally agree. I can’t not have at least 1. Everything is better with my buddies alongside.

08-Mar-21
Congrats on the new litter. We have a 2 yr old Charcoal and she's amazing. Unfortunately we had her spayed.

08-Mar-21
I can smell and hear it now! Awesome! Thanks for sharing.

08-Mar-21
Great pic :)

08-Mar-21
That’s awesome! Thanks for sharing.

08-Mar-21
Awesome, I'm glad all the pups are doing good now!

08-Mar-21
My daughter has been begging for a silver Male for months now. I better not show her this picture.

15-Mar-21

Good morning Bowsite!

10 days old and these guys are growing like crazy. They have all doubled in weight and are very close to opening their eyes.

15-Mar-21
Good morning and thanks for the update and pic of the pups and mama!

Glad they are all doing great and getting big. It looks like the first shift has full bellies and are sleeping it off while second shift fills up. Not many breaks for mom when there are 11 mouths to feed!

15-Mar-21
Supernaut you are correct. It takes about 45 min to 1 hr to get them all fed now Every 2-3 hours. Mama is getting back to being her usual self in between feedings and is doing quite the job for her first litter!

15-Mar-21
That's just brightens up the day right there. Shes just a milk machine now.. Thanks for sharing.

15-Mar-21
Does this mean that you have a Caitlyn Jenner in the bunch?

"...she had 11! 7 males and 3 females"

15-Mar-21
Candor, HA! No that was a typo, 4 females.

I can say this though. They ALL identify as labradors!

15-Mar-21

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Chase at 8 weeks
Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Chase at 8 weeks
Sweet mama for sure. Chase the wonder dog turned 12 on Feb, 14 so we have new lab pup on order for next Dec. Here is a picture of Chase at 8 weeks. Looks like you and Sweet Mama will have your hand full at that time. What do the different collars represent? Paul

15-Mar-21
Paul, Chase the wonder dog is a beautiful boy. I hope the new recruit is as good a retriever and can live up to his predecessor. I enjoy the goose threads every year and always love watching a good dog work.

The different collars are so we can keep track of each pup. Each pup has a kennel name and a different color collar. This makes it much easier to keep track of them for us since we take individual photos and weights weekly for ours and the vets records, as well as different levels of energy. We try to match what out buyers want in personality as best we can with each dog. We usually do puppy selection around 6-7 weeks. Buyers can also distinguish them much easier when they look FB where my wife posts them pretty much daily.

15-Mar-21

lewis's embedded Photo
lewis's embedded Photo
Made me smile thanks for sharing we lost our 12 year old Gunner 3 years ago that one hurt but we’re about ready to pull the trigger again I think we are going to get a rescue dog yep Gunner liked a small cocktail in the evening.Good luck Lewis

16-Mar-21
Fastflight answered yor pm

16-Mar-21
Make your day right there...

24-Mar-21

At 2.5 weeks old and eating in shifts!

24-Mar-21
Glad to see that mama and the pups are doing great, thanks for the pic and the update!

She's going to need a much deserved vacation once they are weened!

24-Mar-21
Great looking little pups... Poor mama looks tired!

24-Mar-21

Jaquomo's embedded Photo
Jaquomo's embedded Photo
The monster is now 13 weeks old. Sometimes I'm ready to put her on Craigslist, other times she makes me shoot coffee out my nose. But for a 3 month old she's great. Learning tricks and obedience, comes right into her kennel and doesn't whine, only has to pee once in the night, at 4 a.m. Good to have a puppy again!

24-Mar-21
" only has to pee once in the night,"

That is 2 less times than I have to pee during the night.

24-Mar-21
Jaq she is adorable.

Im sure this isnt your first lab, but the progression goes something like this.

Cute little puppy, tyrannosaurus rex, guard dog with a big bark then run and hide wagging tail, and then big dog trained mans best friend. These are not necessarily in the correct order, and sometimes they regress to a previous stage, mostly t rex stage, but man i just cant live without at least 1 lab.

29-Mar-21

29-Mar-21
Good morning Bowsite

Week 3 and doing well. They are getting around pretty well and this will be the last week for the small confines of this box.

They are also just starting to push each other around and figure out who is the boss.

29-Mar-21
It’s funny, when a pup is in the T. rex stage, we can’t wait until they get past it. Then when they get old and are fading, we remember when they were young and spastic with fond memories

Nice whelping box.

29-Mar-21
Thanks. Happy Monday everyone!

29-Mar-21

Annony Mouse's embedded Photo
Teton Ruby Rose
Annony Mouse's embedded Photo
Teton Ruby Rose
Molson...I was never aware of the recessive colors of labs until I saw a charcoal lab. I looked up the genetics of color in labs and really appreciated the variants.

AKC only recognizes black, chocolate and yellow. I have a Fox Red lab (registered as yellow). Your pups are gorgeous.

29-Mar-21
Well it ain’t morning and I’m not sure how I missed this, but I’m glad I finally saw it. I love dogs, yours, mine, and others ! Those are some good looking pups Sir ! Thanks for the pics...

Rob, sorry about your dog, always hate to hear that.

30-Mar-21

Jaquomo's embedded Photo
Jaquomo's embedded Photo
Yep, she vacillates between "best puppy ever" and T-Rex, but getting better every day. I think we'll keep her!

Beautiful pups, Molson! And yes, that is an excellent whelping box.

30-Mar-21
Dunno why the double post with two different angles? Sheesh.

30-Mar-21

Norseman 's embedded Photo
Norseman 's embedded Photo
We love Walter. Best dog ever! Good looking pups! All of you!

12-Apr-21

Morning guys

5 weeks and growing fast!

12-Apr-21

Morning guys

5 weeks and growing fast!

12-Apr-21

Ok...Russ's embedded Photo
Ok...Russ's embedded Photo
Beautiful pups!! Thankful, I guess, we can only handle the one we have.

Lou, I think our labs may be related. Rio will just plop on the floor and roll over on his back then stay like this for 5 minutes or so.

02-May-21

fastflight's embedded Photo
fastflight's embedded Photo
Bringing this post back to the top as I was one of the lucky families to get a puppy from Molsonarcher. Cruzer made his way from Ohio to the Illinois/Wisconsin border today. He met his new family including our 4 year old yellow lab, Boomer. Matt and his wife were awesome to work with thru the whole process. I cant thank the two of them enough.

02-May-21

SIP's embedded Photo
SIP's embedded Photo
SIP's embedded Photo
SIP's embedded Photo
So i never knew there was such a thing as a silver lab...until this thread. We have a new addition to the homestead here now. Josie is now 11 weeks old... She is not from molsons litter...but nonetheless, molson i had ZERO intentions of getting a dog until i saw the pics of your beauty, and then happenstance put me to doing an estimate at a home that just so happened to have a litter of these silvers and a few left for sale...you kinda owe me a chunk of change....and a bunch of sleep...;^)

03-May-21
Funny how fast they grow, great looking pups…

03-May-21

TODDY's embedded Photo
TODDY's embedded Photo
Great looking dogs! Russ and Lou, I just took the greatest picture of my Griffon over the weekend in that same pose! Your photos made me laugh! TODDY

04-May-21
Fastflight it was a pleasure meeting you and your wife. As a part time breeder and full time dog lover, it is my goal to find every one of our dogs a home as good as yours will be. I know you will enjoy him and have lots of great times ahead.

SIP, i feel your pain! Sleep is non existent when whelping pups. For 8 weeks zombie mode takes over and coffe replaces alot of meals. I hope you too enjoy your pup and make lots of good memories with them. You have a cute pup there.

• Sitka Gear