t-roy 13-Jul-21
trkyslr 13-Jul-21
APauls 14-Jul-21
09-Mar-21

Muleysareking's embedded Photo
Just cast
Just cast
How is this for a pedicle? The antler around the H1 is almost 8" and the main beam is 16". Completely healthy deer, a town deer.

09-Mar-21

deer
deer
Other picture

10-Mar-21
Sure looks like a piece of skull plate broke off.

10-Mar-21
Wow that’s crazy

10-Mar-21
Happen have a picture of him wearing both antlers?

10-Mar-21
Dang!!!

10-Mar-21
WOW! Certainly appears that at some time in his life, he broke off a chunk of skull plate. Maybe hit by a car? Crazy fight? Loosing the pedicle in the break changed where the attachment point is when it healed. Looks like that might be painful......

10-Mar-21
Town deer... car collision.

10-Mar-21
Thats crazy. Any pics of the antler? Looks like a cool one.

10-Mar-21
Definitely an injury. I bet this year's right antler will be a deformed mess.

Matt

10-Mar-21
Somehow I do not believe that deer is going to remain "completely healthy."

10-Mar-21
OUCH!

10-Mar-21
Yep, I would not call that deer completely healthy. That is part of the skull, not just a pedicle. Signs of infection when you zoom in to look.

10-Mar-21
Wytex x2 that's skull not pedicle

10-Mar-21

healthy deer
healthy deer
Here it is, I'm telling you he is completely healthy. He has been around all fall and winter, I do assume he had some kind of trauma at that point on his head, but he is an aggressive buck, even after he had just cast (March 8th). .....Mike

10-Mar-21
It is going to be fun to watch him grow up. If he is still around next summer post a follow up of his next rack.

10-Mar-21
Wow, ,looks really interesting. Obviously he did have a skull break. I wonder about the puss discharge seen in the shed pic. Be interesting to see his new growth this spring as JohnMC stated. Thanks for posting Muleysareking.

10-Mar-21
We had a nice 6x bull elk in our area one season with one really goofed up antler. The next season it was also goofy and during the rut it broke off and hung by the hide for several days. I found the antler the following season, and it broke off with a piece of the skull plate like your buck. I suspect it was a weak spot in the skull already, which caused the goofy antler in the first place.

If he lives, I bet he only grows one side next year.

15-Apr-21
"If he lives, I bet he only grows one side next year." - Been thinking about that for a while,,, if the entire pedicle is gone, will antler grow again... The pedicle is like a seed...

Muleysareking - Hope you keep us updated on growth... Thanks for sharing... If regrowth and ya kill him someday, definitely make a cool euro skull mount...

18-May-21

Here are 2 pics from May 4. The second shows how good his coat is when many are getting really ratty looking this time of year. I continue to see him by the hiway, hope he watches his arse. ....Mike

18-May-21

18-May-21
There was a buck on my deer lease that had something similar happen fighting during the rut, antler broke off down below the skin. No way it was a car given where he lived.

18-May-21
What's up with the rack on the bedded buck in the background?

18-May-21
"What's up with the rack on the bedded buck in the background?" I had the same question, then I decided it was a target... then I thought maybe not... now I'm not sure...

18-May-21
That's actually two foam targets in the back

18-May-21
Cool! The blacktail i shot this year had a really crazy base on one side. Really thick with lots of extra points. Got pictures from the year before and he had broken off his whole beam on that side. He put on a lot of inches of antler from one year to the next.

01-Jul-21
That's freakn crazy he's growing new growth again...

13-Jul-21

I told ya, it's all pedicel deformed as it is. Pic is today.

13-Jul-21
Cool!

13-Jul-21
Pretty neat, Mike!

13-Jul-21

14-Jul-21
Very cool Mike - any idea how old that buck is?

• Sitka Gear