DanaC 01-Apr-21
DanaC 01-Apr-21
woodguy65 02-Apr-21
jstephens61 02-Apr-21
Pop-r 02-Apr-21
DonVathome 06-Apr-21
Stryker 06-Apr-21
24-Mar-21
Planning on a Wyo antelope hunt this August. My buddy & I now live 4 hours apart. We plan to meet up & then ride together. Looking for suggestions for a safe place to leave one of our trucks for a few days. Does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks

24-Mar-21
Where are you meeting up? Might be a Bowsiter nearby, or check with the local PD.

24-Mar-21
Airport parking

24-Mar-21
Leave it at a Wal-Mart. Post up specifically where you are wanting to leave it you will likely will get good spot.

24-Mar-21
Have a friend who schedules a service appointment at the Ford dealership and informs them of the extended pick up date.

24-Mar-21
Is there a business anywhere along the way that you patronize? I call Harley shops which are everywhere and tell them my request and that I’m a long time H.O.G. member and they find me a spot. I’d leave it at Cabelas. Well maybe before the anti hunters bought it out. But this site is the best place to look.

Tell us the general area where you’d like to leave one vehicle and chances are someone on here has a little room for you. You could accidentally leave a couple antelope steaks at their place when you pick it up.

24-Mar-21
Don't leave it at Walmart! They'll have it towed! If it doesn't get burglarized. Storage building is the best. Locked up for a very nominal fee.

28-Mar-21
I see your from Illinois. I live in Iowa right over the border. You can leave it here if it works (Fulton, Ill/Clinton, Iowa area) Depends where you plan on meeting up. Your meet area might help others..

28-Mar-21
Just 4 hours apart????, the guy who is farthest from Wy drives to the guy that is closest to Wy. and leave one vehicle there.

Don't worry your entire trip about what is happening to your vehicle parked in an unfamiliar area.

28-Mar-21
Airport parking lot. You don’t have to worry about getting towed.

28-Mar-21
Check with municipal building like a courthouse etc.

30-Mar-21
Left mine in a storage unit half way to Colorado...just rented a unit for a month...was not expensive and you can lock it inside....worked great.

30-Mar-21
I’ve called local PDs and left my truck in their parking lot in the past.

30-Mar-21
Yes sir Scoot I do. I use them to park in all the time and catch a nap. It's a very weird deal as the policy with walmart isn't a one fits all policy. Some walmarts actually have places to park rv's and commercial vehicles and others strictly forbid it. I have a friend who runs a towing company. He will hotwire your big truck and drive it to his yard if you leave it at the Walmart he is associated with & they can't locate you. If he can't get it cranked he will tow it. I know, blew my mind too!

01-Apr-21
Might be worth dropping a line to Walmart HQ, and ask if they have a corporate policy or if it's up to the individual stores.

01-Apr-21
Also, if there's a sporting goods store or archery pro shop near where you're meeting, call them and ask about parking. (And be sure to stop in and say howdy on your way through.)

02-Apr-21
contact a service facility/dealership in the town you want to park. Drop it off for routine service, explain tell them when you will be back and ask if you can pick it up when you return.

02-Apr-21
Where does your buddy live?

02-Apr-21
Had a wheel bearing lock up on the camper on the way home from Mississippi. Got into a WalMart parking lot, went in and ask the manager about leaving overnight. He said no problem. Must be store to store.

02-Apr-21
It is definitely store to store.

06-Apr-21
Really good post and info. Would SUCK to come back to no truck! I would pay to assure that would not happen. A fellow bowsiter could be a great idea.

06-Apr-21
What area are you hunting

• Sitka Gear