Zebrakiller 01-Apr-21
wytex 01-Apr-21
Bob H in NH 01-Apr-21
skull 01-Apr-21
tkjwonta 01-Apr-21
drycreek 01-Apr-21
toxxytom 02-Apr-21
31-Mar-21
I would like to hear about some info you guys have about hunting pronghorn. My dad always said we need to go on this hunt together. Im 35 he is 60 I'd like to say we have plenty of years left to do this hunt but it's time to step up and just go for it. Would definitely be an archery hunt. Want to go otc tags which state and any good outfitters to look up. I understand I am not going to kill a giant with otc but am ok with a decent pronghorn

31-Mar-21
I think there are several outfitters that are Bowsite sponsors on here. Pronghorn Paradise is one that some guys on here, have hunted with and had good results with. Definitely do the hunt with your dad sooner than later!....You just never know the future.

31-Mar-21
No personal experience on outfitters, but I would be looking somewhere in Eastern Wyoming. Pronghorn Paradise seems to get good reviews.

I am planning a similar trip, but will be going DIY and trying to burn my 10 preference points. Good luck!

01-Apr-21

Zebrakiller's embedded Photo
Zebrakiller's embedded Photo
Yep for your request with your dad pronghorn paradise would be a great option

01-Apr-21

Huntcell 's Link
Pronghorn Paradise Campbell county Wy.

01-Apr-21

Brotsky's Link
Pronghorn Paradise...this thread will tell you all you need to know about how much fun a dad and their kid can have there! Just make sure you kill in time for happy hour at Sonic.

01-Apr-21

ahunter76's embedded Photo
ahunter76's embedded Photo
I have been 5 times & 2019 with my son. We have always done DIY, public land with great success. 2019 trip 4 of us took 3 Bucks 1 Doe. In the past hunts we have taken good Bucks and several were P&Y. Wy. for the most part is draw but N.W. S. D. is another option, NO draw currently. My sons Buck, 3rd day of hunt, his first trip DIY

01-Apr-21
No otc tags in Wyoming but the application period is still open and there's plenty of tags in Eastern Wyo that require zero points. Lots of outfitters but DIY is very doable even on limited public land.

01-Apr-21
tkjwonta, please tell me you're not gonna burn 10 points on an area in the east part of the state.....

01-Apr-21
Brotsky that was soooooo much fun, I cant wait to share camp with you again

01-Apr-21
Better check quotas before you apply. License cuts in Eastern Wyoming this year.

01-Apr-21
Archery means spot&Stalk, fun but VERY hard - there's very little to hide behind in Pronghorn country if you are taller than 6 inches. Or....Blind over waterhole which lets you see them, watch them, get picky.

Probably my favorite animal to hunt, bow or gun, cause when you screw up a stalk, just walk a bit, you'll find another one.

01-Apr-21

skull's embedded Photo
skull's embedded Photo
I have been hooked on pronghorn hunting since 2008. I have been to Wyoming, Montana, and Colorado. Wyoming is the best state for pronghorn, you may draw some areas with 0 PP. Montana the 900-20 archery tags are almost 100% draw. South Colorado is OTC, South Dakota and Nebraska are OTC for archery too. All my hunt is a DIY, I would recommend Wyoming your first choice, Montana, and South Dakota. This is my 2019 Wyoming spot-stalk on private property. I know a good Outfitter in SD if you need his name PM me.

01-Apr-21
hoytshooter, no I will definitely not be burning 10 points in eastern Wyoming. I just meant that I'm also planning a pronghorn hunt with my dad.

If I had a better gauge on point creep for this year, I'd already have the unit picked.

01-Apr-21
Listen to wytex and do your research. Things ain’t the same in Eastern Wyo. Good luck to you and your dad, antelope hunting is a blast !

02-Apr-21

toxxytom's embedded Photo
toxxytom's embedded Photo
Boone: You need to do this. I took dad back in 2006. He was 72 at the time. Had talked about such a thing for some time but decided that it needed to happen. Took two fine goats in Wyoming. The smile on his face and the time we spent is irreplaceable. Lost dad back in December and treasure this trip more than words can express. Taking my son out there in 2023 to make more memories.

• Sitka Gear