MA-PAdeerslayer 05-Apr-21
APauls 05-Apr-21
TODDY 05-Apr-21
WV Mountaineer 05-Apr-21
MA-PAdeerslayer 05-Apr-21
Cheesehead Mike 05-Apr-21
Mule Power 06-Apr-21
05-Apr-21
What’s the best smaller sized pack for carrying climbing sticks? Don’t need or want a huge pack. Just makes me carry unnecessary stuff

05-Apr-21
Mystery Ranch Pop up 18

05-Apr-21
You're gonna get a LOT of ideas here as this post comes up every so often. I like to haul my saddle so that goes in the pack. IMO, the best packs are going to be able to haul the sticks vertically so they aren't banging on branches when you walk. Ideally if there is a meat shelf between the bag and the frame lash them down they are protected from clanging and you can haul them low for the same reason. I've considered the Kifaru Stryker XL but not sure if the bag separates easily from the frame. If it does, than that would be the bomb! The bag is small enough to hang from the tree when you hunt. Frame can stay on the ground. TODDY

05-Apr-21
I was using one from Wally World on hunts when packing meat wasn’t needed.

05-Apr-21
Yes packing meat is not needed here for this application. Every deer i shoot here and PA/NY I can basically get the 4 wheeler within a few hundred yards depending on the weather. And I agree with the vertical hanging of the sticks 100%

05-Apr-21

Cheesehead Mike's embedded Photo
Cheesehead Mike's embedded Photo
I use my Badlands 2200 a lot for packing a stand and sticks. 2 sticks go in each batwing, stand goes on the back held in place by the 3 straps and clothes, etc go in the bag.

06-Apr-21
Hell yeah that 2200 is good for carrying lots of things with the meat shelf and taco design.

• Sitka Gear