Jaquomo 05-Apr-21
Knife2sharp 05-Apr-21
Jaquomo 06-Apr-21
Huntcell 06-Apr-21
Knife2sharp 06-Apr-21
KHNC 06-Apr-21
Jaquomo 06-Apr-21
05-Apr-21
Hello all, I'm thinking of investing in a QuietKat electric mountain bike for getting back into the backcountry and getting the meat out, wondering if anyone has used one of these in the mountains for hunting, any pros and cons comments are welcome, thx. Personally, it looks like the cats meow instead of humping everything in and out, plus its quiet and much less intrusive then say an atv , plus they don't require the attention that a pack horse or lama would need, and I won't have to feed it lol.

05-Apr-21
Make sure you have a low crotch rail in front of the seat. I have a QuietKat and it is a real pain getting on and off the bike when wearing boots and hunting pants. I have a plastic storage box strapped to my rear fender so I cannot slide my leg off the backside.

05-Apr-21
Ned, PM sent. Plenty of threads on here about ebikes for hunting.

05-Apr-21
Depending on what you are bringing in and out, a trailer may be beneficial. Yeah, loading up a back rack makes swinging your leg over very tricky. Almost have the lean the bike towards you to get on and off. Quietkats and Bakcou have derailleurs, Rambo has models without. The rear hub has internal gears. Bakcou has walk assist mode, but I can set my Rambo on the lowest power setting and tap it if I need to walk it. Do some research and find a make and model that suits your needs. Also consider how you will haul it. The fat tire Ebike racks are extremely marked up. You can't just toss it in the bed of a truck like a 20lb mtn bike. It's doable if you know how to use the brakes and leverage to assist you, but they don't leave much room for other gear, and wouldn't be easy to do alone if you have a topper.

06-Apr-21
Hunting wbikes have come a loooong way since I bought mine in 2017.

06-Apr-21
Do you still have to pedal?

06-Apr-21
Have to pedal, no.

06-Apr-21
Depends on the design whether you have to pedal or not. Some definitely require pedaling.

06-Apr-21
Class 1 requires pedaling Class 2 and beyond, no. Some places are restricting off-road use to Class 1 only. Some bike models allow you to disengage or remove the throttle altogether.

• Sitka Gear