Matt 06-Apr-21
Predeter 07-Apr-21
Tilzbow 07-Apr-21
BULELK1 11-Apr-21
Brotsky 11-Apr-21
LKH 11-Apr-21
Drnaln 11-Apr-21
06-Apr-21
looking for the best high country mule deer tripod for glassing. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

06-Apr-21
I like my Sirui t-025x

06-Apr-21
Expensive but take a look at outdoorsmans. They have a couple of sizes to fit your needs. I have the tall version and use it for standing, sitting in a chair, and sitting on the ground. One of the best equipment investments I ever made.

06-Apr-21
Outdoorsman are nice but rather heavy. I use a pro master. It weighs 2 pounds

06-Apr-21
Like Ermine and stated, Outdoorsmans are nice but pretty heavy. Gitzo is probably the best but expensive. Slik, Sirui, and Promaster are what I would look at.

07-Apr-21
I've used the Slik 624cf pro for several years and really like it. Not tall enough if you want something to stand behind though.

Under 3lbs with the Sirui VA-5 head.

07-Apr-21
I’m not a fan of the Outdoorsmans after owning a couple for several years. They’re a little heavy, the aluminum is noisier than carbon and the levers that lock the legs can easily get dirty and out of adjustment. I do love their tripod head mounted on a Sirui carbon tripod along with their Bino stud and Bino mount.

11-Apr-21
Vortex has a really nice one.

Good luck, Robb

11-Apr-21
I’ve been packing a Sirui around the past year and love it so far.

11-Apr-21
Just an aside, get a light weight bag with some way to attach it to the underside of your tripod. When you are going to operate from a fixed location for several hours you can fill it with gravel/rocks and hang it under the tripod for stabilization. Really helps in any wind and one of my tripods has a hook under it for this purpose.

11-Apr-21
I've used a Slik Pro 2 for my back pack tripod for years. I have a larger Bogen & Gitzo tripods for the truck or short hikes to glassing spots. I prefer the lever locks over the twist locks but that's user preference. I ordered an Outdoorsman's tripod years ago when they 1st came out. I sent it back right away because I thought it was way overpriced & better options available.

• Sitka Gear