JohnMC 08-Apr-21
LKH 08-Apr-21
Jaquomo 08-Apr-21
Quinn @work 08-Apr-21
Glunt@work 09-Apr-21
Pop-r 09-Apr-21
Jaquomo 09-Apr-21
07-Apr-21
Hunters hoping to draw a big-game license in Colorado in 2021 will now have until Fri., April 9 at 8 p.m. MT to apply in the primary draw due to volume-related technological issues that kept some hunters from being able to apply before the original deadline of April 6 at 8 p.m.

07-Apr-21
Huh. When OTC bear tags go on sale, the site crashes in the first 40 seconds. Same with leftovers. You'd think they could address the capacity issue by now. Sheesh.

07-Apr-21
Wow I caught a break. Totally forgot to get my app in. Just got done getting it done.

07-Apr-21
I guarantee the CPW realized they lost thousands in application fees and decided it was best to give the last minute procrastinators another chance. BS!

07-Apr-21
That's real shitty! I may just amend my apps & burn all my points & be DONE!

07-Apr-21
The idea of a few more bucks was too tempting to Colorado parks and wildlife.

07-Apr-21
I bet a CORA request [Colorado Open Records Act] would reveal what amount of applicants applied during the extended timeline.

Might also be helpful if someone that applied on time got 'bumped' for a tag due to the extension.

Just saying...

08-Apr-21
Someone or some group should file a lawsuit on this one. Most ridiculous thing I've ever heard!

08-Apr-21
This is a travestshamockery

08-Apr-21
Well, Colorado is run by Democrats...

Bet it takes longer to get results as well...

Maybe the Dominion hunt application machines will spit me out a moose tag! But more likely will give it to some bozo who figured out how to get extra applications in or some dead guy...

08-Apr-21
I guess deadlines don't mean what they used to

08-Apr-21
i Didnt apply this year. decided not to pay 80 bucks for a PP again

08-Apr-21
I applied for a 3 point unit with 11 points for two reasons. First, my friends with fewer points and I wanted to hunt together. Second, I’m tired of playing the preference point/money grab game. I was in no mans land and it is only going to get more expensive.

08-Apr-21
Sounds to me like those Venezualan voting machines are having issues again. Better move the all star game to California

08-Apr-21
It's 2021. Online processes like this are everywhere with bigger volume, higher stakes and higher levels of complication.

The problem of handling capacity isn't a surprise as it happens all the time with CPW. The amount of capacity to expect is no surprise as we have years of prior examples.

I get that technology isn't perfect but this is poor performance and casts doubt on how well and efficiently the more important tasks they have are carried out.

08-Apr-21

Destroyer350's embedded Photo
Destroyer350's embedded Photo

08-Apr-21
On this same tech issue note, did everyone that applied get a confirmation email? I did not receive one. I have all the confirmation #s for my apps printed so have that but never received the email.

08-Apr-21
No email here.

08-Apr-21
Never got an email either. Also, when I initially applied, it gave me a “500 server error” after I hit submit. I went back to try again and the license wasn’t available as a selection so I went to “my orders”, and lo and behold, there was my license and PP’s for elk and mule deer.

08-Apr-21
I got an email confirmation showing everything I applied for. The sender is "no reply" so I bet many emails went into spam folders.

08-Apr-21
Following Brad's thoughts...I wonder if you could get that report and then break that down into what hunt codes those "late appliers" put in for and develop a lawsuit that my odds were "diminished" or "skewed" because of lack of the contractual and moral obligations of the CPW to run the draw as stated they would? (Not sure what benefit one might get from it but I can bet I and others have been "hurt" by their actions)

08-Apr-21
CPW stated the application period would be available to all that wanted to apply, up to the deadline. That didn't happen. Good to see the extension.

08-Apr-21
I agree it is amazing year after year they can't get a system that does not crash, but with that said extending the deadline if it did crash seem more fair than telling the guys that tried to apply on the last afternoon tuff shit that you did not get your apps in because our system went down.

08-Apr-21
So 30 minutes of down website equates to 3 more days of application?

Yeah. Keep drinking that kool-aid

08-Apr-21
Was it 30 minutes? Was it the last 30 mins? I don't know. But kool-aid come on Brad. How many people do really think there could be that did not apply in the five or so weeks it was open, when you knew the deadline got emails about the deadline but will all of a sudden apply in an extra 3 days? Doubt it enough to get your panties in a wad over. However if you were one of the ones that could not apply because the system was down and they did not extended it you would be furious. I know I would be. There is plenty the CPW and state of CO does that pisses me off to no end. This is a nothing burger. At least the 3 day extension, the bigger issue is that it seems each year the system can't handle the load. You would think they could get a handle on that by now.

08-Apr-21
I started this by posting the information I received of the extension.

I was so very naive to think the members here would be happy to know those who had been unable to apply for whatever reason now could.

08-Apr-21
I'm glad the shutouts got a chance to apply. They likely would have applied if not for the glitch. There aren't a whole bunch of folks sitting around saying, "Wow, we got a couple extra days, let's apply for Colorado elk and deer!"

And then when they don't draw they will one day get a notice of a turned-in tag on their Leftover app, jump in and put it in their cart, click the pay link, watch a little circle spin around for a few minutes, then get a message saying the tag is no longer available.........

08-Apr-21
Except the circle is only going to spin at 9am on Wednesday while the bots are buying the great reissue tags that were posted on the leftover list Tuesday.

Thanks CPW.

09-Apr-21

Glunt@work's embedded Photo
Glunt@work's embedded Photo

09-Apr-21
I would bet there are MANY more people who "forgot" to apply for whatever reason & got a lucky second chance than there were who were blocked out & unable to apply the short time period the site was down.

09-Apr-21
Dunno, but considering there were already an all-time record number of apps as of yesterday (over 685,000), seems like most people "remembered" in time.

• Sitka Gear