GF 09-Apr-21
Rsquared 10-Apr-21
Rsquared 10-Apr-21
Teeton 10-Apr-21
Rsquared 10-Apr-21
Bowbender 11-Apr-21
Teeton 11-Apr-21
09-Apr-21
Anybody have any experience with this head?

09-Apr-21
Why would you want to shoot this over a Rocket Steelhead exactly?

Looks to be a re-made steelhead that has the option to shoot with the blades open which makes zero sense. Solving a problem that doesn't exist. If you're going to shoot a fixed head, you'll use a head that utilizes the advantages of a fixed head. This has all the drawbacks of a mech head IN a fixed head.

Then, if you use it as a mech head, it performs poorer than a steelhead. A steelhead opens better than that thing, and is way cheaper. All around fail imo.

09-Apr-21
“ All around fail imo.”

But you’re not allowed to say that about all mechanicals in general, because…

LOL

I totally get that the wide cut mechanicals offer a really wide cut (when they function as intended) and that that could occasionally save you some amount of tracking, but… REALLY?

So I feel the same way about pretty much ALL mechanicals that Mr. Pauls feels about this one in particular, and that makes me a Hater.

I guess I can live with that… I get it. I’m a Hater. But I’m a Happy Hater

09-Apr-21
Dude... get a sense of humor.

I think there’s a Blue Light Special on right now in aisle 17......

And here I was just thinking about how absurd it is that it’s considered “Elitist” around here to suggest that any reasonably successful compound hunter/shooter could be just as successful within a year or so if they were to give up let-off and rangefinders...

Because, honestly…

Shooting a Stickbow is just Not That Hard, if you’re not fixated on the whole “Instinctive” mythology....

If you wanna use sights, use sights. BFD. If they help, they help. Personally, I find them limiting. Different brain wiring. So what? Ever seen a good NFL quarterback play Free Safety??

I just don’t get what’s so insulting about saying that you don't NEED any of that crap.

It’s like:

[Dad]: “Go for it, Son. You can do it!”

[Son]: “WAAAH!!! Mommy! Mommy! Daddy says I’m not good enough!!”

I agree with Adam. Mechs present compromises. You need a good reason to go that route, and a head that doesn’t offer something useful in exchange isn’t worth consideration.

10-Apr-21
I never said I wanted to shoot it over the rocket steelhead? This site is called bowsite, isn't the whole purpose of this site to ask questions? I'm just interested in different type of broadheads and was curious if anybody has used them.

10-Apr-21
I agree with u Paul, I was browsing the web and came across it and thought," wow that reminds me of a steelhead," and then I got on this site and figured I'd ask if anyone uses them but I totally agree with all the points u made. The only thing is, they don't make steelheads anymore

10-Apr-21
I saw these a few weeks back on the net. I do think they are some what close looking to the 100 steelhead. I have not seen one in person With that, that's pretty obvious I never shot one. I will keep and eye out to get my hands on one to see how well they seem built and how sharp they are and how far back (swept) the blades are. I love how swept back the steelhead blades are, thats one reason I think it penetrates so well and can be used use by lower poundage users. Also the no blade vents help with penetration I believe.

10-Apr-21
The steelheads aren't consistent tho. U can have 2 that sweep way back and the third one not so much. I got one pack a few months ago and that was the case.

11-Apr-21
“You need a good reason to go that route,..”

As Neo said in “The Matrix”, “Because I choose too.” Whether that reason is acceptable to you, or not, is irrelevant. Now, follow up with a 2,000 word post on how much you don’t care what anybody shoots.

11-Apr-21
Rsquared, I have a few different batches, but been shooting the same batch for close to 10 years. So all I can remember of them is the ones I've been shooting. Those I've been shooting i bought in packs of I think 25. I have about 10 (newer) packs of 3 that I have not opened yet, so i cant comment on the inconsistency in how they are different in being swept back. I will look, give me a few days.

• Sitka Gear