'Ike' (Phone) 09-Apr-21
BULELK1 10-Apr-21
altitude sick 10-Apr-21
DonVathome 10-Apr-21
Tilzbow 10-Apr-21
Kurt 10-Apr-21
BULELK1 11-Apr-21
09-Apr-21
New this year, NV has added archery only tags for Desert Bighorn Sheep. There will be five hunt units available to apply for.

Sorry, guys it’s for residents only but seems to me it opens up the possibility a hunt could become available to non-residents.

09-Apr-21
Thanks for the info. Are those units conducive to archery hunting? Good terrain? Thats my biggest question with putting in for units I am not familiar with..

09-Apr-21
Man! I would be in on that game! Traditional only would even be better!

09-Apr-21
Very cool! That would seem to be a pretty difficult hunt, given the terrain many of those sheep frequent. But if anybody could pull it off, I'd put money on a bowsiter.

Now which one of you residents with a stack of points is going to draw a tag so that we can all follow along with utmost jealousy?

09-Apr-21
Well, I’m loaded up with points. Hopefully pull a tag this year!

As a NR, gonna have to share the hills with the gun guys. Will use my longbow...

09-Apr-21
Nice...

10-Apr-21
When I first read that, I got excited but then I realized it was in the Resident draw pool only.

Like stated above, prolly in the future for non-ressy's

Good luck, Robb

10-Apr-21
Any NR with a lot of Utah points will love this one. I was out of state and very busy this spring and missed the application period I apply every year for many years then do a dumb thing like that. Oh well. Hopefully that brightens someone’s day :^)

10-Apr-21
Based on my exactly one experience with DBS in Nevada they were not that hard to approach and it would be a good archery hunt. Sitting water could be as near a slam dunk as archery gets.

10-Apr-21
All the units are in the central part of the state and none are known for trophy sheep. One unit would be nearly impossible to stalk sheep in since they live on top of a big, flat open mountain. I’ve not hunted that particular unit for sheep but I’ve hunted 3 of the 5 other units with friends or relatives. The three are very steep, rugged, open and difficult terrain that’d be both physically and mentally challenging. That said getting close would be a definite possibility. Sitting water would work great as long as there wasn’t any fall green up. When there’s good grass growth in September and October the sheep don’t need to come to water often, if at all.

Unfortunately I’m not eligible since I’m in the waiting period after drawing a few years ago.

10-Apr-21
I had a great NR bowhunt for Desert sheep about 30 years ago in the Mormon Mts. Great time and I got a tight curled heavily broomed 10 yr old ram on the eighth day of the hunt with some good buddies along to help. He didn't score well but I was the happiest bowhunter (person) in NV that day. Same as the day the notification came in the mail that I had drawn the tag. Unbelievable feeling!

Good to hear there are now a few resident archery tags. Opportunity for some lucky bowhunters for sure.

11-Apr-21
Good to know Kurt

I do 271 as one of my choices

Good luck, Robb

• Sitka Gear