smarba 15-Apr-21
gobbler 15-Apr-21
Philbow 16-Apr-21
cnelk 16-Apr-21
t-roy 16-Apr-21
Philbow 16-Apr-21
GF 19-Apr-21
14-Apr-21
Can you only purchase point and qualifying license in Colorado during application period or is there another time you can do this. I know after Wyoming Draw you can purchase point only didn't know about Colorado?

14-Apr-21
I believe Colorado points are only able to be applied for during the normal application process.

14-Apr-21
App period only for points.

14-Apr-21
Strictly speaking, you can’t “buy” points; they’re a consolation prize for when you don’t draw. Otherwise, it’d just be auctioning off tags to whoever was willing to pay.

14-Apr-21
Actually you can purchase a Colorado PP without specifying a draw unit. Just note the PP only code on your application. You will be charged the Application fee only.

14-Apr-21
Actually you can "buy" points. You simply use the hunt code EP-99999-P on the application.

14-Apr-21
You can apply for a point only, but you are " buying" it in the form of a required small game license or turkey tag and a conservayion stamp and another fee that was $9.00. I'm not a Colorado resident so it cost me $104 and change to apply for an elk preference point. And the application deadline was April 9th.

14-Apr-21
Ole GF just can’t help himself.

14-Apr-21
GF,

Have you ever applied or hunted in Colorado?

Matt

14-Apr-21
Doesn't much matter, he's an expert on that too.

14-Apr-21
Actually, I just learned something. Sue me.

I have never put in just for a point; only for tags where I got a point when I didn’t get my first choice. And it has been so long since I put in for a draw that I clean forgot about the point-only option.

Never in a million years would I drop $100 just for the point, so it’s hardly a surprise that I might forget about that. Either way, though... you miss the deadline for the draw and you’re SOL for a year.... So that people can’t just rack them up at will.

Thanks, Paul/Lou for the clarification.

15-Apr-21
GF, a simple admission that you were wrong would have sufficed...if you are capable of that.

Matt

15-Apr-21
Not only did he provide a "valid" reason why he was wrong (meaning, he's not really wrong), but "anyone's an idiot if they paid $ only for points" according to the great one...

Although it is true the deadline has passed for 2021 to apply; whether for a hunt code or a point code.

15-Apr-21
I’ve bought a full price NR hunting license in NV and AZ for the past 26 years to get points only for Desert Bighorn . I’ve not hunted in NV except for mountain lion back in 1990. ‘I have been able to use hunting license in AZ twice for deer and once for elk

16-Apr-21
What about the Colorado secondary draw June 16-30? I can't find in the regs that you cannot purchase a point during period. (but it was only a cursory search.)

16-Apr-21
^^^ Read Page 4 of the Regs

16-Apr-21
I’m just happy GF kept his response to only 3 paragraphs, and one of them was only a single sentence!

Small victories, I guess...

16-Apr-21
cnelk, Thanks.

19-Apr-21
So noting that I learned/re-learned something and thanking those who provided the correction isn’t “admission” enough?

JFC

“ but ‘anyone's an idiot if they paid $ only for points’"

Stop making shit up.

What I said was “Never in a million years would I drop $100 just for the point”. Why you chose to take that personally is up to you and your therapist.

• Sitka Gear