ahawkeye 20-Apr-21
JulianT 20-Apr-21
RK 20-Apr-21
ahawkeye 20-Apr-21
RK 20-Apr-21
ahawkeye 20-Apr-21
BTP 21-Apr-21
20-Apr-21
Good morning, my family and I are going to go on vacation to Charleston South Carolina a week after the 4th of July weekend. I was wondering if anyone had any inshore fishing charters that they liked to use? There is tons of information on the internet but it's like buying a car you get overwhelmed and I would rather have responses from people here that have dealt with Captain's there. Thank you for your responses.

20-Apr-21
Best guides are probably already booked. What part of town are your staying in? The shops probably have the best list/recommendations. Sometimes some of the young/new guys are really good but don't have a full book yet and the shops tend to know who they are. Haddrell's Point is a good shop to check in with. Are you trying to put kids on a shark or do you want to sight fish with a fly rod? Those kinds of details will be relevant.

20-Apr-21
It really doesn't matter to me redfish would be cool flounder would be cool if they're biting I've never caught a flounder I'd love to catch enough of those for a meal. I have fished on the East Coast before and didn't do very well about the same time of year, I've done ok pier fishing but am poorly equiped, my biys havr gone with me in the past but are still too young to appreciate a fly fishing trip.

20-Apr-21
I think there are lots of boats that can give you an enjoyable trip. Putting some live shrimp in the water and catching some trout, redfish and maybe flounder or a few other species is pretty doable. Again, not sure if you are staying in the city, beaches north or beaches south. I can give you some more specifics depending....

20-Apr-21
Sometimes boats have 'partial' charters, and are looking for one or two more to fill out a trip. Call a few and ask.

20-Apr-21
West Ashley

20-Apr-21
DanaC I thought about that but never tried it. Is red snapper in season second week of July?

20-Apr-21
Call Haddrell's Point Tackle in West Ashley. They are selling bait to every guide in the area each morning.

20-Apr-21
Snapper season opens July 10 in South Carolina

20-Apr-21
Thank you all RK, that's the day I get there maybe i can grab a ride on an odd boat going after some snapper.

20-Apr-21
I think you should try to find a charter now. If SC is anything like the Texas Coast where I am. The charters will fill up quickly Just a thought

20-Apr-21
Will do

21-Apr-21
Look up captain John Irwin or Capt Chris Wilson or Capt Jake at 404-788-6602

• Sitka Gear