Inshart 05-May-21
ElkNut1 05-May-21
ElkNut1 07-May-21
Rut Nut 07-May-21
ElkNut1 08-May-21
Huntcell 08-May-21
Royboy 08-May-21
25-Apr-21
It appears my AZ elk tag has been lost in transit! It was sent to me two weeks ago & has not shown up. I drew with a friend & he mailed mine to me, so it wasn't straight from AZ Fish & Wildlife.

Has this happened to any here? If so what was the procedure to receive a replacement? Thanks!

ElkNut/Paul

25-Apr-21
Alternative: wait longer. I send & receive a lot of mail for business. Since November of last year, a drastic change has occurred in mail service. Some First Class mail pieces have taken as long as 7 weeks to arrive, while other mail arrives in 2 days. No rhyme or reason to it, except nothing has been lost yet, just very late. When we absolutely have to have something sent fast, we use Express Mail for overnight service.

25-Apr-21
Try to get through on the phone... good luck with that!

I've seen proof of the mistakes AZGF had made in the elk/pronghorn draw. I know of 4 tags that were issued after the draw and over the quota. I suspect that there were many more mistakes. Ed F

25-Apr-21
I too receive & send countless orders through USPS & things are generally received in 2-3 business days from California which is where the tag was sent from.

Since the tag was sent I've ordered arrows, broadheads & other good stuff, (grin) & all has arrived in 2-3 days. Arrows were shipped from Florida. True, it could be in the mail but I'm heavily doubting it! Thanks guys!

ElkNut

25-Apr-21
Paul if it never shows up you are able to request a duplicate tag.

25-Apr-21
Normally you go to a regional office to get a duplicate of a computer generated tag. Y ou have plenty of time to get the answer on this. call any office other then the main branch. You will get through that way.

25-Apr-21
Just to confirm are you looking to replace the tag or the friend

25-Apr-21
Im betting its sitting in a USPS facility and will get moving eventually. As mentioned USPS is a mess .........

25-Apr-21
I would find out their policy before you tell them what happened. You might be better off or only choice is a small white lie that neither showed up from them or not hunt. In CO if you lose your tag they will have you sign a affidavit that it was lost and I believe the fee is half the cost of tag. But if it never showed up they replace and you don’t have to pay the half the tag cost. I drove 4 hours the night before season one year and left my tag at home. I called first thing Saturday morning and got a hold of a warden that was willing to meet me at Steamboat office that was closed and she print me a new one and it cost me like $25 bucks and I missed a half day hunting. Hopefully it shows up late and it is a non issue. But if not know what they are going to say before you tell them what happened.

25-Apr-21
No Paul, i stole that baby out of your mailbox...jk man

25-Apr-21
Ed, the tag was mailed to my friend! It's that I've not received it once he mailed it to me!

Sticksender, yes, I am going to wait another week, hopefully it does show. I was just thinking ahead as a 'Just In Case'

Bou'bound, Ha Ha!!

John, hmm, I hope I do not have to cross that bridge! Thanks!

ElkNut

25-Apr-21
no, in Colo the fee is up to a max of $25 or half the original tag cost, whichever is less, to reprint a big game license/tag.

25-Apr-21
I believe the reprint fee in AZ is still just $3, but I'd give it a little longer since the hunt is still many months away.

25-Apr-21
Patrick, at least I'd know where it went! Ha Ha!

ElkNut

25-Apr-21
I think your only solution is to contact AZ and let them know you wont be able to hunt this year :)

25-Apr-21
Lots of time to get that squared away. Id wait. Bet it shows up eventually. I mailed a letter from Flagstaff, AZ to St Paul, MN......took close to 3 weeks! lol

25-Apr-21
Hmmm...so did this so-called “FRIEND”, really mail it? Or did it get scalped to the highest bidder? 8^D If he shows up with a new bow and camo and says you have to be the caller...then you know the answer!!!

25-Apr-21
Elknut1, I think that I saw your letter carrier down at the bowshop buying some elk calls and game bags..... Badbull

25-Apr-21
In MT you can get any replacement tags printed for $5.00. Don’t know about AZ though

26-Apr-21
Dang it Paul------>

If I'm reading this correctly, you had a buddy receive the tags and then mailed it to you?

I don't think Az. has any responsibility with a 3-party mailing it.

I think to just call them and get a duplicate would be best.

Good luck, Robb

26-Apr-21
Good luck Paul. Luckily you have plenty of time to get it sorted out.

26-Apr-21
Thanks guys!

Rob, yes sir, my buddy mailed mine from CA, it's been a couple of weeks ago, still nothing! I'm certainly not putting the blame on AZ or Him. I was just curious as to what might I do next if it indeed doesn't show up? I figured someone here may have experienced this very thing!

Jay, my thoughts exactly!

Thanks for the humor too guys, it's all good!!!!

ElkNut

26-Apr-21
Paul:

DM me your phone # and I'll call you (I talk directly with Az. draw department on a regular basis as I transfer donated tags to disabled vets here). I'll get you in touch with G&F person who'll help you quickly/painlessly ...

26-Apr-21
Hey i just received someone elk tags from AZ in my mail. Opps just kidding!! i wish

26-Apr-21
Don't sweat it. USPS has been a disaster since Covid hit. Your tags will get there....eventually. I've has multiple packages go missing and show up in the mailbox three or 4 weeks late.

26-Apr-21
At 66 I don't over think or sweat too much over things as this! I'll get that tag one way or another! It's only the 2nd tag I've ever drawn in over 30 years of applying! I pretty much suck at drawing tags, it's been a good run though & I've enjoyed all the challenges elk seem to toss our way!

ElkNut

26-Apr-21
The usps is capable at screwing up anything, and they often do so.

26-Apr-21
Is it common practice for AZ to mail tags to the non tag holders?

26-Apr-21
Dale, no doubt but I must say we've had great experiences with them in the last 23-24 years!

Brad, the tags were shipped to a tag holder. We applied together & drew; he was sending me my elk tag as he was the one filling out the applications.

ElkNut

27-Apr-21
Tuesday mail here & gone, no tag!

ElkNut

28-Apr-21
“It's only the 2nd tag I've ever drawn in over 30 years of applying!“

Guessing you do not apply in very many states? That sounds impossible, if had been applying in 3-6 states....

29-Apr-21
Good guess! I rarely apply in multiple states, generally just one like I did for AZ. It's the only state I was applying for other than my home state ID. Since I've drawn there now I'm not applying in any other states, I love hunting OTC so I'm a happy camper there & it allows me to elk hunt every year!

ElkNut

04-May-21
Any update Paul? Hope it shows up eventually!

04-May-21
Perry, no sir, no sign of it but thank you for asking! I'm about ready to look into a replacement! Hope it all goes OK. I've had some great PM's & phone calls to steer me in the right direction. Big thanks to those that showed concern, thanks guys!

ElkNut

04-May-21
I hoping your tags show up. My last USPS package that was "lost" showed up six weeks late and looked like it had been laying in a mud puddle. When I tried to track the package, it had simply disappeared in route. It know this wont help your situation, but my advice to anyone else is to ship via Fedex or UPS and avoid USPS at any cost.

04-May-21
Call Kathy Ford and get a new one.

05-May-21
Paul, you can just sign that tag over to me and I'll take it from here, saving you a BUNCH of stress. Just trying to help out of course. LOL

05-May-21
Ha Ha, good thing I'm not the stressed out type of guy! It's all good, it will work out in the end! BUT, if stress conquers me I'll be sure to think of you! (grin)

ElkNut

07-May-21
Tag is in the mail, nice!

AZ service was amazing, no issues at all with them! It will be here by Wednesday! Thanks for the help guys!

ElkNut/Paul

07-May-21
Glad to hear it Paul! Fingers crossed for you! ;-)

08-May-21
Thank you sir!

ElkNut

08-May-21
Expected outcome.

08-May-21
Glad to hear it’s on the way

• Sitka Gear