WapitiBob 08-May-21
JohnMC 08-May-21
BC 08-May-21
midwest 08-May-21
Grandslam2022 08-May-21
Blood 09-May-21
wyobullshooter 09-May-21
08-May-21
Can anyone suggest an ultra light single pin sight (physical weight). I got a carbon fiber bow but when you're done hanging all the accessories it's as heavy as my old bow. Thanks.

08-May-21
I would think even the "lightest" sight may be minimal weight reduction compared to the other accessories?

My new "Carbon" bow is heavier than most other bows out there, even though it was advertised as "X" .... but it is not at all. If I take off all the rubber dampeners and such, then its in spec. I even went with a new type sight mount on it, and it reduced the weight very little. LOL

08-May-21
Black Gold Ascent Mountain Light or Ascent Whitetail are about the lightest dialing sight I know of. I use a couple of the Whitetails but would buy the Mountain Lite configuration now that it is available. S&S in Idaho is a good place to spec one up like you want.

If you really want light, get a Black Gold Rush non-dialing sight, It uses the same head and pins as the Ascent but is about 1/2 the weight as best I remember. I used them for many years with 5, 6 or 7 pins. Great sight and around 4 ounces.

08-May-21
Shibuya Ultima RC with the short bar is about 7 oz.

08-May-21
I would think to save two ounces you are risking having a very important part of your bow that sticks out and has the potential to take a pretty good whack that is not as strong as it could be. And a heavier bow is a steadier bow IMO.

08-May-21
Probably right. Not going to loose enough weight to make a big difference.

08-May-21
The Mountain Lite is a great sight whatever the weight is.

08-May-21
1600$ on a carbon bow, cheap out on a sight ? Lol

09-May-21
The CBE Tactic Hybrid One Pin is pretty light and is a solid sight.

09-May-21
Grandslam, I can’t find where the OP mentioned anything about price being a consideration so don’t understand what you find so funny about his question. Just curious.

• Sitka Gear