APauls 13-May-21
greg simon 13-May-21
Bake 13-May-21
Z Barebow 13-May-21
JohnMC 13-May-21
Jaquomo 13-May-21
eBike John 14-May-21
12-May-21
Folks, I want to collect some true stories and thought I'd reach out. Here's the deal:

I hear very often with potential customers that they would love to pull the trigger on an ebike but they need the OK from the Mrs. then I never hear from them again. It's happened so much that I'd like to be able to arm these guys with something they can share with their Mrs to help get her on side.

In the past just by chance I've heard how having the ebike got them out of a dodgy situation and out of harms way because they had the bike. For example one hunter (maybe one of you guys) a couple years ago said a bear strolled out into the open and the guy was on the bike and out of there before it got any more complicated. Of course the bear could have ran just as quick as the bike, but he got a good head start and got out of dodge before finding out.

That sort of stuff. I want to only include true stories so it's authentic. I don't want to be making shit up. People can sniff that out. So if you gave any recollections and are willing to share I'll compile them and make a short article with them. Then the next guys that say they need approval, I'll tell them to show the Mrs. that article.

Thanks guys

12-May-21
Say what? “need the OK from the Mrs.”. Bowsiter s ??? Ain't no way. You got the wrong website.

12-May-21
:-) no, not bowsiters, shoppers in general though. At least once a week.

12-May-21
John I think guys just use that as a weak excuse for not doing things. Easier to throw the Mrs under the bus than to pull the trigger for some guys.

12-May-21

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
I use mine for fishing too

12-May-21
I'm thinking price is the issue not the wives.

12-May-21
good sales pitch, but I'm guessing the cost of the bike is what deters most wives from jumping in.

12-May-21
Well.....there was this one time at band camp........

12-May-21
Ned, the problem is when the wife rides yours and then has to have one too. Now we have four - two for our mountain place and two for town. Got tired of hauling them up and down the mountain. We've sold an ATV and a high-end road bike to help pay for them. First world problems... :-)

12-May-21
I see them all the time on the trail I frequent. Probably 1/3 of the bike traffic I see. It’s very tempting but motorized two wheelers have cost me 3 shoulder surgeries (going on a 4th) many broken ribs, a collar bone and three broken wrists (coming off a surgery for one right now).

I’ll just walk thanks.

13-May-21
I'm starting to see that the "wife won't let me" reply is just to cut the conversation short and more likely a price issue. That's fair enough, they are not an impulse buy that's for sure. I appreciate your feedback, you saved me a days work doing something that likely isn't needed.

13-May-21
I agree about the reason given not being the true one. However, I am one of the guys who has been bothering you for information lately but haven't pulled the trigger yet. And this bike is FOR the Mrs. My problem is not her, but the availability of bikes! Dam-n Covid! We have a big summer trip for Colorado planned leaving May 27 for 2 weeks. She is not really a bike person, but it appeals to her to ride in the mountains. However, she won't ride it here back in Texas. So, since I can't get one before we leave, I don't want to spend the money for it to just sit in our garage for a year. :-)

13-May-21

APauls's embedded Photo
APauls's embedded Photo
Even work on the Hudson Bay in the Arctic :)

13-May-21
Adam, that looks like the south pole to me :)

13-May-21
Adam, that must be the Antarctic? :)

13-May-21
Even work on the Hudson Bay in the Arctic :)

13-May-21
What a demonstration of superior traction!!!

13-May-21
Hah! Like others, I would bet the issue is the price. That was always my issue, but I did impulse buy mine :)

As far as getting out of bad situations. . . . I've already throttled away from a couple cows chasing me. I don't think they were serious about doing me harm. Had just never seen a person on a bike before. If I'd jumped off and stood up, they would have run off the other way

I think mine is a LOT more likely to get me INTO bad situations. My main farm is fairly rough, I love the bike for it, but I'm gonna have an accident at some point. I'll be overloaded with a pack or something or I'll get a stick in the tire, or hit an unseen rock in the dark coming off a ridge. . . .

You probably don't want to advertise that :)

13-May-21
Dang Adam! I usually wipe out when I am greater then 90 deg incline.

Back to OP question. I agree with others. Using the "wife" is a made up excuse. The primary demographic (I suspect) are people who have already gone through the gambit of owning other bikes and are ready (financially and motivationally) ready to get something different.

My wife wanted a new (replacement bike) for years. The purchase of my e-bike was the culmination of months of research for a better tool to get places I wanted to go. (Her desire/need was more "emotional"). Knowing our ages, I insisted she look at an e-bike vs "conventional" bicycle. (Buy once/cry once) I even did research and made recommendations for her needs (with additional considerations for "value"). She picked one of my suggestions and has not looked back. Greatest purchase ever. (Her words, not mine)

We are at the stage of life where we have autonomy with our expenditures. I fund non family purchases with mad money. She does the same. If she spends (IE "Wastes! LOL!") money on a $300 purse, that is her business. But I won't hear discontent when I make purchases to support my hobbies (Hunting/fishing)

13-May-21
My guess the wifes are afraid the husband will start wearing spandex.

13-May-21
^^^ more like wearing Sitka, and then he'll start buying $200 underpants and $500 tshirts, and wreck the retirement account...

14-May-21
This thread turned out to be a lot more amusing than I had intended

Adam, awesome pic. I'll share with Bakcou, they love seeing their bikes 'out in the wild'.

• Sitka Gear