Shiras42 08-Jun-21
BowmanMD 09-Jun-21
0hndycp 09-Jun-21
14-May-21
That's a big NO for me on moose.

14-May-21
No Goat for me!

14-May-21
Nothing for me. Then again I didn't apply. I figure my odds of drawing a tag without applying are nearly identical to those if I were to apply LOL.

14-May-21
Will be curious if app volume dropped after the NR fee boost to 330.00 to apply for one species. My guess would be no.

14-May-21
I was going bear hunting there anyway so I didn't include the cost of the hunting license.

14-May-21
I dropped out because of the fees. Not against buying a license but the credit card convenience fees bother me. Wish it was still mail in a certified check for entire application cost like years ago.

14-May-21
I got SUPER lucky and drew 36B for sheep. 1 of 9 non-resident sheep tags in the state. I honestly never thought I’d draw a sheep tag in my lifetime. Not a unit known for giant rams, but who cares—I’m going sheep hunting!!!

14-May-21
Congrats, Sean!

15-May-21
Awesome Bowman!!!

It’s great to see a Bowsiter pull a great tag!!!

15-May-21
Congrats Bowman, on drawing your sheep tag!! Always great to see someone who finally drew a sheep tag vs somebody who’s working on their 3rd or 4th slam!

15-May-21
Congrats Bowman. You going guided or DIY? Either way good luck!

15-May-21
Going guided. It’s just tough to make it all come together when living out of state. I’ll be half way to my slam after this one! Thanks, Idaho!!

15-May-21
Going guided. It’s just tough to make it all come together when living out of state. I’ll be half way to my slam after this one! Thanks, Idaho!!

15-May-21
BowmanMD, Congratulations on the tag & Good Luck on your sheep hunt.

15-May-21
Awesome Bowman! Hope to see a story all about it later this fall. Good luck!

17-May-21
Congrats Bowman!

'Pick-a-Spot'--------->

Good luck, Robb

17-May-21
Grats Bowman!

I dropped out this year like Drnaln - the cc fee + the hunting license + the app fee is just way out there. It's close to $250 non-refundable to apply for sheep in ID now.

I'll probably go back to applying again next year, but I wanted to protest the fee hike.

17-May-21
I'm totally with you on the app fees. I was about to drop out of Wyoming this year until they changed it so you don't have to buy a $150 worthless point every year. Every year I debate whether Idaho is worth the $$$ or not, but I guess it was worth it!! Funny thing is that 2 days before the ID app deadline I was SOOOO close to switching to moose because odds were better and I thought I would never draw sheep. Good thing I didn't!

I'm a big believer in the 'apply, apply, apply' mantra. Over the last 8-10 years I've drawn ID sheep, MT mountain goat, WY trophy bison, WY trophy antelope (both my son and I), WY archery elk (area 7), AZ archery elk, AZ archery antelope, NM archery elk in the Gila, NM Valle Vidal (rifle, my son), NM Oryx (son), AZ early rifle elk (daughter), AZ late rifle elk (son). Not too bad.

17-May-21
And a WY moose tag (antlerless)

17-May-21
Well, it also sounds like about 20-25k per year in tag fees until after the draw!! LOL

17-May-21
You sound like my wife. Actually I make sure to never do the math--that would be a painful number to come up with. And you should see my credit card bill for New Mexico after I put me and four of my kids in for sheep, ibex, elk, and oryx! There's $20k+ right there!

19-May-21
BowmanMD you better check your email. Acquaintance, who was emailed and shown as successful for NR sheep permit, was just notified of a “glitch” in ID new draw system, and he won’t be getting his sheep permit!

Are you F-ing kidding me Idaho?!?! Like your system wasn’t a big enough joke after the elk and deer permit fiasco earlier this year! You are going to do this this to people!

They should be ashamed, and to notify them in an email is just as big a joke!

19-May-21
I saw that it appears they gave out too much of the RMBS & CBHS sheep permit quota to NR applicants. Was wondering how & when they were planning to address it. A routine audit and verification of draw results could have prevented a lot of pain for all. What a nightmare for some of these poor guys! Applies to the Mt Goat draw also. Moose I believe was done correctly.

On the flip side, it would seem that several residents are going to be receiving some happy news, as a follow-up to the rejection notice they would’ve gotten last week.

20-May-21
So far, so good, but still holding my breath and crossing my fingers. No dreaded 'sorry, not sorry' email from Idaho and when I log into my account, it still shows my sheep tag "#1-5017-selected (claimed)". Hopefully that means we're still good!

I really feel bad for anyone who has their tag taken away. Nightmare! What a mess!!

22-May-21
That's great man, sounds like you are one of the lucky ones.

08-Jun-21
Anyone that applied for Idaho OIL permits get their refund yet? I still haven’t seen mine and it’s been over 3 weeks.......Idaho draw system is such a damn mess!

08-Jun-21
Yes, mine was there yesterday.

08-Jun-21
Mine posted June 3rd.

Slightly faster than last year, when it came on June 9th.

08-Jun-21
I guess I’ll wait another day and see.....thanks guys

08-Jun-21
Got mine a couple days ago too.

09-Jun-21
I didn’t get my refund. But I did get a bighorn tag in the mail last week! 8) HUGE relief after the mess-up with the draw. Glad I was one of the lucky ones!!

09-Jun-21
Congratulations again man, that’s a dream I’ll probably never fulfill!

I did get my $ back finally, minus the app fee, convenience fee, and Idaho beer fund fee! Maybe they should use some “fee” dollars and get a computer program that won’t crash during OTC permit sales, won’t give a bunch of guys tags of a lifetime only to take them back, and could perform a relatively simple draw within a reasonable amount of time!

• Sitka Gear