Ken Moody Safaris 04-Jun-21
Bou'bound 04-Jun-21
drycreek 04-Jun-21
CurveBow 08-Jun-21
LBshooter 08-Jun-21
02-Jun-21

Ken Moody Safaris's embedded Photo
We just finished a 14 day, 30 animal safari which included two quality bulls...this 45” monster and a super tough buff requiring much “attention.”

02-Jun-21

This gentleman decided to give us a bit of trouble but his date with the salt was inevitable.

02-Jun-21
In Zululand now on a 2x1 buffalo hunt...tracked a herd of about 60 buff today but no shooters. Hunting an area tomorrow never hunted before...Free range hunting in Zululand.

02-Jun-21

Ken Moody Safaris's Link
Tracking first herd of the safari. Notice the egrets riding on the backs of the buffalo.

02-Jun-21
Nice! Keep the pics and stories coming

02-Jun-21
I’d like to hear the story about the buff with the bad temper. Congrats on both of them !

02-Jun-21
Good stuff Ken...

02-Jun-21
Awesome stuff!! Great Buffalo !! I would love to hear the story!!

Lots of us here Ken are jealous. You are living the dream!!

What year were you able to get your professional hunters license in South Africa?

Love the hunts!!

02-Jun-21

03-Jun-21
NICE... congratulations to the hunter and the whole team Ken.

03-Jun-21
Signal is terrible here in Zululand. Can’t get any photos to download currently. Today was rainy and windy. Saw plenty of reedbuck along the river but the buff were hold up deep in the bush. Tracked four dagga boys for about an hour but the wind was crap so we abandoned the track. Tomorrow is another day.

03-Jun-21

Glassing along the river yesterday. Hopefully, we get sunshine tomorrow.

03-Jun-21

Oh, regarding that second buffalo from the first safari...he didn’t get ornery, just needed 7 fairly well placed A Frames to take him down. Cape buffalo are “bullet sponges” that suck up lead and stay on their feet like nothing else. Here’s a couple of 500 grain A Frames from my .470 that were needed on another buffalo. First shot dumped him flat to the ground but as buffalo do, he rolled up and required a second barrel. If you do choose to rifle hunt these beasts, the Swift A Frame is the #1 choice in bullets followed closely by the Barnes TSX, Trophy Bonded Bearclaw, and Woodleigh Weldcore.

04-Jun-21

Hunting on the border with Swaziland today...Just encountered small herd of buffalo.

04-Jun-21
Great buffs

04-Jun-21
How I would like to be there. More than that, how I wish I had gone when I could have physically done a buffalo hunt. Good luck Ken !

08-Jun-21
Awesome stuff!!!!!!!

08-Jun-21
Now that is one quality buff, I see to many pics of immature bulls taken with bosses that aren't fully developed. Nice job!,,

• Sitka Gear