spike buck 02-Jul-21
JL 02-Jul-21
APauls 03-Jul-21
MQQSE 03-Jul-21
spike buck 04-Jul-21
18-Jun-21

wildwilderness's Link
So another new thread with the latest extension through July :(

https://www.alaskasnewssource.com/2021/06/18/us-canada-border-restrictions-extended-until-july-21/

18-Jun-21
I hate the news on this one just like all the other ones. I’ll just state that right from the get-go….

Trudope has to go.

18-Jun-21
I'll be surprised if there is any improvement before the fall. I sure hope that I can make my Nov whitetail hunt, but I'm not holding my breath.

19-Jun-21
During a long talk with our bear outfitter, he was not optimistic for any openings soon. He has had to take on a job just to hang on.

19-Jun-21
Talking to sheep outfitter -will be hard pressed for opener….

19-Jun-21
My only prayer now for the sheep opener in the Yukon will come out of whatever BS goes down on Monday.

21-Jun-21
Nothing to see here yet.

24-Jun-21
Hmmm. I did not submit this post.

25-Jun-21
Curt, you sure? If this happens again Jeff may ask you to take a cognitive test. I know at least one other well known person who needs one. ;-)

25-Jun-21
Ha. You might be right. Maybe I should have whispered like Joe!

27-Jun-21

DanaC's Link
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/06/25/july-21-us-canada-border-496415?fbclid=IwAR1krmVVetl6uJyfuaR6BkI_luwwMVGFPJCaQFPfp6bOmA6WcSnZdl0CAcY

28-Jun-21
If the mainstream media doesn't quit sensationalizing the Delta variant it could cause Trudeau to head for his "safe space" and keep things shut down. Unbelievable.

28-Jun-21
I think the only thing that will get the border open is when that moron Trudeau realizes that basically the rest of the free world has opened and his fragile ego can't take it. I do believe it will be towards the end of this summer, or early fall. Hopefully it's not to late for the outfitters and tourist operators to survive this whole mess.

28-Jun-21
Trudeau needs to see a gynecologist.

28-Jun-21
Canada is just a hair under 77% vaccinated with one dose. They are at 30.5% fully vaccinated. Judging by last weeks vaccination rate, they will be at 75% fully vaccinated in about 5 weeks. The good news is they are expecting the amount of doses to increase in the next couple weeks. If those who got their first dose are willing to get their second they should make the 75% mark by the 3rd to 4th week of July. Just in time for the renewal/cancellation of the border closure on the 21st.

28-Jun-21
When Trudeau won a minority election that means another election most likely in a year and a half. Since shutting the country down, no party wants to challenge an election. So he's keeping this lockdown going as absolutely long as possible because that keeps him in power. Spending money like it's free is keeping all the people happy. Then one day, it'll all hit the fan, but that doesn't matter does it?

28-Jun-21
He’s using the border dilemma as a tool to ensure Canadians continue with the vaccination schedule. It isn’t about anything except government control over the people.

We saw states within this country toe that ugly line. Some still are. What’s worse is the people of both countries who know this but, don’t have a problem with it.

28-Jun-21
What does the Canadian media say about the projected opening of the border? August? Sept?

30-Jun-21
Let’s forget about Shockey for a minute and send the ammo at Truecrap. It’s insane how our minds attack the symptom of the true disease.

Let’s team up and deal with the real issue.

30-Jun-21
I finally had enough of hassles sending veneer logs across the border and went with overseas buyers. The Canadian Mills our log yards send too are upset, but the hassles aren’t worth it, plus, the Far East pays well, and the stateside mills are grateful. Both Our countries leaders are business killers, but one has to adapt and deal with countries that allow our products in without the quarantines and other crap. As far as outfitters, the fishing and bear guides up here are booked solid with American sportsmen. I lost out last summer with music gigs and we haven’t seen our place in Newfy for 2 summers, but we enjoyed the Allagash and had some great fishing. Trudeau has been a boon to our area up here. We are on the Quebec border and are seeing tourists who used to head North. Cabins, camping areas are booked solid. The local sporting goods store never shut down and broke all records selling guns and ammo. It is packed 7 days a week.

01-Jul-21
The wife and I are in an RV park in nny about twenty miles from the Canadian border. Many campers here are Canadians. This place is going to explode if the border opens. We plan to escape to newfoundland asap!!!

01-Jul-21
I thought I'd give people a little bit of hope. At the current vaccination rate they should have 75% of the over 12 population fully vaccinated approximately July 26. The other good news is the amount of doses and shots given has been gaining momentum so it's possible it will be sooner that. This all assumes everyone who got the first will get the second. My personal opinion is that we will see it get to 60-65% very quickly and then stall out.

They appear to have hit a wall when it comes to newly vaccinated. That number has only gone up .5% in the last three days and only 1.86% in the last 10.

Through yesterday, the numbers are 77.482% with one dose and 35.129% fully vaccinated.

01-Jul-21
Lawdy, the US is imposing a high tariff on lumber entering the US from Canada. I agree with the new tariff. Keep the lumber in Canada and maybe our prices will go down. The US has more than enough lumber mills to provide.

Powder, vaccinations are going better than expected. But as Mike U says, they will just move the goal post once again. Too many outfitters are too quiet and that tells me they are giving up. There have been over 14 Tourist Resorts in NW Ontario that have just put their businesses up for sale.... throwing in the towel so to say.

01-Jul-21
35.9% of Canadians have now been fully vaccinated. Up from less than 20% 2 weeks ago.

01-Jul-21
I hate to see this new variant show up. Not because it is bad but that places like California and Canada are going to use it to lock their state country and people down again

I hope I’m wrong but liberal leaders are so evil I would put nothing past them

01-Jul-21
I think my first concern about this supposed variant is whether the vaccines will cover it. If they do, the variant is just that.....nothing more.

Spike.....I think if your lumber supply shoots up, then demand might drop. That would force prices to drop and hurt your mills and loggers. The pain would probably trickle over to other folks who depend on the mills.

01-Jul-21
Talked to my moose outfitter in Alberta. He said things are going great. Today they lifted the mask requirement in public ??????

01-Jul-21
Yipppeeeeee

01-Jul-21
That's funny Bou Bound!!

JL, our lumber industry is subsidized by the crown in Ontario. They produce more lumber than is needed then sell it for cheap into the states.

01-Jul-21
Our lumber industry is our only industry. We are subsidized by no one. That is why two huge mills below us are now putting out finished lumber, 24/7. They just put in two more kilns. With China stepping in purchasing veneer and rock maple logs, mills are forced to pay more for timber. The log yard near me emptied yesterday with the logs headed to the coast, and on to China.I am with you, keep Canadian lumber in Canada, and USA timber stateside. Friends are friends, but business is business, within reason. It is pretty hard for our loggers and small loggers like myself to compete with a government subsidized industry. The shutdown has actually opened new avenues for us.

02-Jul-21
"There have been over 14 Tourist Resorts in NW Ontario that have just put their businesses up for sale.... throwing in the towel so to say" Like I said previously, as sad as this is, it will provide opportunity for new business ventures.

02-Jul-21
Not to say the camps are going under.... just that they are fed up with the situation. SteveB, hopefully their mind set change's to the better once border opens. So many camps here have seen only the great years, never a set back like this.

02-Jul-21
Ya half to feel bad for the outfitters and other businesses up there that are taking a severe hit for the govt decisions. If I owned a tourist based business...I'd be bumming.

03-Jul-21
It’s kind of like of you have a massive garden that you lived off for 100% of your food but then some weird parasite was found on lettuce and the government came and stationed a guard at your garden because they made a rule that no one is allowed to eat from their own gardens. Always a careful person you’d managed to can a pile of veggies and live off of them for a year. But, a years worth wasn’t enough and now you slowly starved to death.

But hey, when it’s over that garden will be opportunity for someone else.

03-Jul-21
Well, True-piece-of-dog-crap will be pissed after these last 5:20 of game 3 of the cup finals. That almost means another couple of years of Covid/Cup Shutdown.

04-Jul-21
Our local MP just admitted something needs to be done with the large increase of Bears roaming our local towns. Said he will decide what plan of attack he will take to alleviate the problem. Greg Rickford, our local MP is also the Ontario Minister of Natural Resources and Forestry. MAYBE OPEN THE BORDER would be a good start!!

• Sitka Gear