Missouribreaks 09-Jul-21
Buskill 10-Jul-21
Missouribreaks 10-Jul-21
bigswivle 10-Jul-21
LBshooter 12-Jul-21
Live2Hunt 12-Jul-21
06-Jul-21

Bowboy's Link
There's a ballot being brought forward to ban all fishing, hunting, and trapping. I guess they've been californcated. Sad because it just might pass.

06-Jul-21
Oregon= Breeding ground for insane liberal crackpot ideology.

06-Jul-21
Interesting. HSUS picked Oregon as one of their initial target states to try to ban bowhunting via ballot initiative. This might be too big of a bite out of the apple to pass.

06-Jul-21
"Proponents of the initiative have until July 8, 2022 to collect 112,000 valid signatures for it be eligible for the November 2022 ballot."

Will they get the required signatures?

"It will also criminalize common animal husbandry practices, slaughter for food ..."

No 'slaughter for food'?

Should be pretty easy to whack this silliness out of the park.

06-Jul-21
They'll get their signatures. The question is, how close will it come to passing?

06-Jul-21
Would require ranchers to let their cattle "die of old age" before being able to sell the meat...c'mon man. This is scary, but I can't see it getting much traction with verbiage like that.

06-Jul-21
It most likely won't pass the voters, but it is OR and you never know. Our own libturd animal rights idiots tried something similar in Colorado with Initiative 16 but it was shut down. https://www.denverpost.com/2021/06/21/animal-cruelty-livestock-colorado-ballot-measure-initiative-16-invalid/

06-Jul-21

samman's Link
Colorado had a similar inititave this year. It was geared towards livestock, but I could see someone interpreting it to wildlife as well. Made it so livestock would have to live at least 1/4th of their average lifespan before they could be slaughtered. Fortunately the Colorado Supreme court ruled it can't advance.

06-Jul-21
I will be interested in seeing if the Liberal Infested company Bowtech will comment regarding this. The company will be affected greatly if this passes.

06-Jul-21
If fishing is involved that was a big mistake to add as their are probably quite a few liberal fishermen. I’m sorry I meant fisher people gotta be politically correct!

06-Jul-21
Nice!

06-Jul-21
Oregon governor would be giddy to sign that into law.

06-Jul-21
Sometimes you have to do what's "wrong" to do what's right. Even if it means breaking the "law"...

06-Jul-21
It is amazing how many hunters voted for the same Biden administration that was fully supported by HSUS, PETA and the ASPCA.

06-Jul-21
Me too. You either believe the Constitution as law and recognize no men at anytime in human history could have written it so precise and so perfect, without Devine intervention from God himself. Or, you arrogantly believe in human nature as supreme. And, choose to find fault in the conservative values outlined in our founding documentation and Bill of Rights.

That’s the two camps we have in this nation today. And, that’s about as blunt and accurate as it could be described. The only other option is shooting liberal America in the face for it’s treason against the citizens living under the constitution of the United States of America. It would leave a lot more room and resources for the good folk in this country.

06-Jul-21
Ban hunting and animal husbandry...... legalize meth and heroin..... makes perfect sense to the insane who populate Clown World.....

Missing the days when insanity had a social stigma to be treated or helped with rather than a badge of "look at me".....

06-Jul-21
Yes, but what did the BHA say about this?

06-Jul-21
“Yes, but what did the BHA say about this?”

It’s not in their wheelhouse. Sound about right?

06-Jul-21
Justin, people can't and won't be divided into only those two groups. Fortunately there are many camps that don't buy into either of your examples... which are much too blunt and inaccurate.

06-Jul-21
Nawww.... WV pretty much nailed it as far as rights and freedoms are concerned. You either believe they are God given rights and above any government to take them away from it's citizens..... or believe government is above mans rights and our rights "really" come from government rather than a Constitution carving them out FOR man. How flippin' complicated is that?

"Camps" also put themselves into groups that literally don't physically exist but in somebodies head. Some "identify" as cats, dogs, lil' ponies..... YOU can classify yourself into any "camp" you want. And what you claim and say doesn't mean spit, does not overturn reality nor facts. Attempts to force the rest of the country follow your fantasy certainly puts you into the "camp" of anti-Constitution. Possibly bat-chit crazy.

"My truth"??? My wrinkles...... It's not like picking your personal favorite ice cream flavor. It's like saying ice cream is really broccoli because I say it is.

Clueless, while not as evil as dishonest, is not a virtue. Passion tied to a lie doesn't make the lie any more true. Nor does repeating it enough really make it so. Only so to the clueless.... or disinterested, which many dishonest people count on. They've moved now from "truth to power" to "the only truth is power". And not even trying to hide it anymore.

It is facts, truth.... your actions and results that set you into your "camp", not what you say. Constitutional rights, laws and reality take precedent over fantasy. And bald faced proven lies should be called out, confronted as to what they are. And loudly condemned along with those who would knowingly perpetuate them. There should be no "camps" in those regards. But clearly there are.

Things like voter ID laws, which a great many states already have, the majority of them in fact.... being called "racist" and "Jim Crow 2.0" should have been called out as BS of the worst kind. But "one side" sat on their hands and were OK with such knowing lies. Who might that have been? Those who were good with "fortifying" elections?

One side is clearly fine with lies. Ignores or perpetuates them if it's "for the cause". If you feel such lies are fine then it's pretty clear which "side" you are on. You have selected your "camp".

It's not near as complicated as some would have you believe. It's called the "you just don't understand the many nuances" defense, used when facts and reality supporting a position are um..... inconvenient, or actions/lies indefensible. Elitists always believe they are the smartest folks in the room, the only ones that "really" understand. You wouldn't understand their reasoning, their justifications, ya knuckle draggers.... It's why they are fine with lying.... it's what is needed to herd the sheep..... it's all for your own good, you just don't know it yet....

You know, like people trying to make hunting illegal and supporting, much less voting for such people, because, you know....it's more complicated than that....

No. It snot. It's telling folks "no, really, it's just raining...."

06-Jul-21
Since this would obviously result in shutting down the F&G offices, I would think it would be open season for poachers. Just avoid the hippies.

06-Jul-21
Hell add the Hippies to it…Lol

06-Jul-21
Can’t blame California for those home bred idiots. Ashland’s the lesbian capitol of the west coast. I’m telling you it’s the saltwater air. Look up and down coastal areas and most of the major cities are full of Citiots. Portland and Seattle are starting to place California as a third ranked liberal bastion. I sure hope the cattleman’s association gets involved in advertising this. All of you that put dollars year after year into conservation organizations, B&C, P&Y watch and see if they make any noise against this other than there websites or in hunting and fishing magazines? If they don’t make some public responses I’d write them that they better or hunters and fisherman will stop sending them money. What good is a “conservation Organization” or any other organization that begs for our dollars if we can’t fish or hunt? The employees of them should be very concerned about their jobs. I have a friend that worked for one down here. Had a very nice salary and got a brand new 4x4 truck to drive everywhere and anywhere. To their credit they were very involved in the political arena and helped pay for a lobbyist. Several orgs had regular meetings with him and state legislators. This kind of political crap is going to become more prevalent. The organizations that don’t get involved politically may find themselves disappearing. I hate to see money wasted on that but our enemies are many.

06-Jul-21
just halt meat and animal product sales in oregon for two weeks and the people that are putting up this petition will be hanging from trees.

07-Jul-21
re TD ":You either believe they are God given rights and above any government to take them away from it's citizens..... or believe government is above mans rights and our rights "really" come from government rather than a Constitution carving them out FOR man. How flippin' complicated is that? "

Sorry, all governments, good or bad, are designed and built by people. A few, like ours, are explicitly designed - by people - to protect our rights. Most are not; they're imposed to subordinate the many to the privileged few.

"In order to secure these rights, governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers..." Old Tom J. nailed it.

I have to say, the framers of the Constitution did a good, but not perfect job. (And they did build in a means for amendment/improvement as time passed and flaws became apparent.)

07-Jul-21
And, there you go folks. Camp number 2.

07-Jul-21
"flaws became apparent" It isn't flaws, but failure to follow. The progressives have used the court to weedle around plain language and squeak out meanings that aren't there.

" Article I, Section 8, Clause 1 of the Constitution, the “general Welfare clause,” is often referred to as the “Taxing and Spending Clause” because of its expansive use today. Many people claim it gives the feds the authority to do anything imaginable as long as it “promotes the general welfare” – however one might define it. But this creates a dilemma. Either James Madison and other supporters of the Constitution were lying when they said the powers of the federal government would be “few and defined,” or people have misconstrued the legal meaning of this clause. The existence of enumerated powers resolves this dilemma. As Alexander Hamilton wrote in Federalist #83: “This specification of particulars [the 18 enumerated powers of Article I, Section 8] evidently excludes all pretension to a general legislative authority, because an affirmative grant of special powers would be absurd as well as useless if a general authority was intended.” James Madison reinforced this view in a letter to Henry Lee: “What think you of [Hamilton’s] commentary … on the terms ‘general welfare?’ The federal Govt. has been hitherto limited to the Specified powers… If not only the means, but the objects are unlimited, the parchment had better be thrown into the fire at once.” In a legal document, the enumeration of specific powers logically excludes all powers not listed. This is a legal maxim – Designato unius est exclusio alterius – meaning, “the designation of one is the exclusion of the other.” It follows from this construction that Congress has the authority to tax and spend for the general welfare, but the enumerated powers limit the federal government’s spending power to specific objects. As Rob Natelson put it in his paper, The General Welfare Clause and the Public Trust: “The clause was designed as a trust-style rule denying Congress authority to levy taxes for any but general, national purposes. Because the Clause prevented Congress from using tax revenue for local or special interest purposes, the Clause indirectly qualified the appropriation power. Even if some enumerated power could be enlisted to support the appropriation,317 federal tax money was not to be used for the private benefit of a museum-however worthy-in Savannah, nor an artist-however struggling-in New York.” To take the clause as a general grant of power for the federal government to do anything that promotes the general welfare would, as Madison put it, “would be a metamorphosis of the Constitution into a character which there is a host of proofs was not contemplated by its creators.” https://tenthamendmentcenter.com/general-welfare-clause/

Progressives always find an excuse to "make it say what I want it to say", and that is text our of context which is pretext.

pretext [?pr??tekst] NOUN a reason given in justification of a course of action that is not the real reason.

07-Jul-21
Well said Bill. A master of words and a wise man.

You either recognize God’s values and influence in the founding and establishing of this country. Or, you believe men, guided by human nature has the answers.

It’s a condition of the individual heart. And, telling of which camp you reside in.

07-Jul-21
The only thing more dumb than a petition to end hunting and ranching is citing God’s values and the Constitution then talking about shooting someone in the face for their political beliefs. That’s some twisted logic and it is far away from the Bible or the Constitution.

Maybe even more dumb is that nobody here calls it out…accept DanaC. Instead they cheer it on. Good grief. Right wing nuts don’t hold the high ground on facts and truth. They are willing to turn an election loss (by vote and courts) into a big enough lie to cause nut jobs to p#%^ all over the Constitution by beating cops to get in the capital building to stop a Constitutional process.

You just can’t make this stuff up. But carry on with your logic yoga.

07-Jul-21
Let's cut to the chase and eliminate religious beliefs......Who here voted for the same party that is fully supported by the HSUS, PETA, and the ASPCA?

07-Jul-21
I used to live in Oregon, many years ago. Loved it. I can’t believe how far it’s fallen.

07-Jul-21
Let's cut to the chase and eliminate religious beliefs......Who here voted for the same party that is fully supported by the white nationalists, neo-nazi’s, Qanon, insurrections, and seditionists?

This can go on all day and is just another way to try to divide Americans.

I do not agree with this animal rights petition but I do stand for their right to bring forth the stupid petition. I don’t have to check any party on how I feel or vote. Same can’t be said for you…you’re given your opinion.

Kick them out of your camps LMAO! My camp has Trumpers, liberals, right wingers, you name it. But we stand on common ground hunters and Americans. Diversity of ideas is a prerequisite. I bet your camp is a barrel of fun.

07-Jul-21
The only dumb thing is not seeing the attempt at putting humor into text. On an otherwise very scary and non humorous subject. It’s not surprising you miss that as we are fundamentally very different.

You’ve spent most of your time here offended. Or, you spend your time here trying to offend with your ideas on everything from your religion, to your twisted understanding of anything that contradicts it. So, that reaction is no surprise.

07-Jul-21
"The only thing more dumb"

Start with a blame shift, duh, that's stupid, in light of the fact that you also agree with WV that the ban is wrong, or do you? Are those the people you voted for KS? Now that's where stupidity really lives. Voting for people who despise your lifestyle and seek to deprive you or your rights, and then call other people stupid because they point out the truth to you.

07-Jul-21
KS,

You have to be smaller than a hypocrite to hide behind one.

07-Jul-21
Animal Rights Activists Seek End to Hunting and Fishing in Oregon, CSF Responds Posted on Monday, June 07, 2021 On June 3, the Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation (CSF) submitted comments to the Oregon Secretary of State challenging the ballot title language of Initiative Petition 13 (IP 13), which seeks to end all hunting, fishing, and trapping in Oregon. IP 13, if passed, would prohibit the injuring or killing of all mammals, fish, reptiles, and amphibians, unless it occurs as an act of self-defense. In addition to prohibiting hunting and fishing, this sweeping initiative would impact common animal breeding practices, research, and education. Once the final ballot title language is certified, initiative proponents can begin gathering the 112,020 signatures required to place the initiative on the 2022 ballot. Why It Matters: Oregon’s hunters, anglers, and trappers have long played a vital role in funding conservation and wildlife management efforts throughout the state. Under the American System of Conservation Funding (ASCF), a unique “user pays -- public benefits” structure, Oregon’s sportsmen and women generate tens of millions of dollars each year for the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife (ODFW). These funds are generated through fishing and hunting license sales and through an 11% excise tax paid on sporting-related goods via the Pittman-Robertson Act. In addition to IP 13 restricting over 940,000 sportsmen and women from their outdoor pursuits of hunting, fishing, and trapping, the prohibition on these activities would result in a substantial decrease of revenue for Oregon’s critical conservation, habitat restoration, and wildlife management efforts.

“End Animal Cruelty,” an animal rights activist group in Oregon, has proposed an initiative to be placed on the 2022 ballot that would eliminate all hunting, fishing, and trapping in the state of Oregon. Initiative Petition 13 (IP 13) would prohibit the injuring and killing of any mammal, fish, reptile, or amphibian, unless it resulted from an act of self-defense. The initiative would also make it a felony to engage in common animal breeding practices, including for domestic animals.

If passed, IP 13 would immediately impact Oregon’s 940,000 sportsmen and women who participate in the outdoors in support of conservation efforts, food procurement, and tradition. For generations, Oregonians from across the state have relied on Oregon’s rich natural bounty to provide fresh meat and fish for their families. The proposed initiative would also significantly impact the state’s ability to manage and protect its natural resources, wildlife, and public lands.

Without sportsmen-generated revenue through license and tag sales, along with the excise tax revenue generated through Pittman-Robertson and Dingell-Johnson for sporting-related purchases, ODFW would have their budget drastically cut by almost one half. ODFW, the primary stewards of protecting and enhancing the states’ wildlife and their habitat, would lose over $50 million dollars annually from hunting and fishing license sales alone.

The Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation (CSF) submitted comments to the Oregon Secretary of State on June 3 challenging the proposed ballot title language for not adequately notifying voters as to the sweeping and profound effects of IP 13 if passed. After a review of these comments and any modification, the Secretary of State will finalize the ballot title language, which clears the hurdle for the “End Animal Cruelty” campaign to begin gathering the 112,020 signatures necessary to place it on the 2022 ballot. CSF will continue working in opposition to IP 13 throughout this process.

07-Jul-21
I wasn’t offended by your twisted logic and hypocrisy WV, I was just pointing it out.

I wasn’t aware I was hiding. I also wasn’t aware of me ever voting or signing a petition in Oregon.

07-Jul-21
KS defending his party's efforts to ban hunting, ranching, killing animals for food whilst claiming he doesn't support while electing those who do. Ya, I know. You don't live or vote in Oregon.

07-Jul-21
^^^ LMAO

07-Jul-21
It ain’t your daddy’s Democrat party anymore !! My dad was a 60 year union Democrat but before his death had enough ! Nothing the Marxists Democrats do anymore surprise me .

07-Jul-21
Ksflatlander check your facts , the kkk and neo nazi groups were started and funded by the Democrats ! Quit watching so much CNN!

07-Jul-21
"It ain’t your daddy’s Democrat party anymore !!"

" the kkk and neo nazi groups were started and funded by the Democrats ! "

Indeed! The former 'dixiecrats' migrated to the GOP after LBJ pushed civil rights legislation through into law.

07-Jul-21
"Sheets" Byrd was GOP? Wow...learned something new.

07-Jul-21
I think the key word in your statement is “were.” Are you saying that the KKK and neo-nazi groups are today’s liberal Democrats and are showing up at Biden rallies? You want to stand on facts from 50 years ago? Really? Are you being serious?

07-Jul-21
What party supports are looting city across the country, dividing the country on race, defunding the police, allowing the drug addicted homeless to shit in the streets and set up camps where ever they want, stomping on freedom of speech and the second amendment? Which party is the party of BLM and antifa that are burning and robbing small business, shooting cops just for being cops?

Flatbrimmer and Dana and a few others with your radical beliefs can kiss my a$$ This damn sure is not the democratic party of yester years. As far as I am concerned the liberal wing of the party with appears to be the majority of the democratic party is an enemy. You don't try to negotiate or find a middle ground with the enemy you defect them. Things are going to keep going in the wrong direction until that happens.

07-Jul-21
Must be nice knowing more about my 'radical beliefs' than I do ;-)

07-Jul-21
The most unique and yes, exceptional thing about the US is it's Constitution. The Grand Experiment in self government as never before in the history of mankind. The idea of INDIVIDUAL rights over collective/royal rule. Private ownership of property, etc. All unique in this concept BECAUSE they are granted by OUR CREATOR, not man.... a higher power than man. God if you will. Tapdance around as you like.... it's clearly written as so. Intended to be interpreted as so. NOT man. NOT man's government. An attempt to free the individual from the tyranny of government by corrupt men. The eventual corruption of power by men.

Yes, men write such things on paper as opposed to God on stone tablets, but only our Constitution was written to elevate personal rights and freedoms over and above any government of man. Because they knew and acknowledged the true nature of mankind. Given power, they want more power, and when forbidden to exercise that power over those they "rule" by a Constitution, they then seek to remove that restriction to their power. Again..... ALWAYS under the guise of "it's for your own good...."

The corruption of power to rule over our citizens on many levels has never been so clear as it is right now. The Constitution and it's protection of our rights is literally in their way to finalize their corruption. That is why it must be..... removed.

This is where leftist go off their rails. The CONCEPT that free citizens RIGHTS are NATURAL granted rights that no government and thus no man can (or should) ever take, they try to ignore.... IF it fits THEIR situation. Their view of rights are that the government grants them out of the kindness of their lil hearts. They can't even imagine it any other way. It is literally only government that gives leftists their power.

07-Jul-21
Go read your post on thread you posted to maybe you can learn something about yourself then.

07-Jul-21
“As far as I am concerned the liberal wing of the party with appears to be the majority of the democratic party is an enemy. You don't try to negotiate or find a middle ground with the enemy you defect them.“

Ironic when radicals use radical words like this to say I’m radical. Maybe you should follow your own advice and read your posts when pointing the finger at radicals. Maybe you will learn something about yourself but something tells me you already know.

Don’t forget to delete your web browser history.

07-Jul-21
To bad we can't do can't do a bowsite poll on what the run of the mill bowhunters that frequent this site see as the radical. Myself or your pansy a$$...

07-Jul-21
As a lifelong hunter, I did not vote for the party supported by the HSUS, ASPCA and PETA. Did you?

07-Jul-21
Then we can do best dress or most athletic. Grow up snowflake.

I have never voted for a party in my life. I vote for individual candidates.

07-Jul-21
A gentleman from Upton, Maine told me that I should stop trying to fight the Fed takeover of our land up here. He said I should negotiate and try to work with them. His quote, “you be nice to them and they will be nice to you.” A year later, he was in the process of buying his neighbors land when they waltzed and offered his neighbor 3 times what he was asking. His neighbor hated the feds as much as the rest of us and honored his neighbors offer. A victory but now that guy who scolded me is harassed as the feds own next to the land he bought, and he lost his love for the feds Our federal government is corrupt to the core. We desperately need a housecleaning. A good start would be term limits. That won’t happen. We have had a good run as a nation. The cleansing will come, but probably the same way we started, by blood, and don’t think that our military will quell it. Look at how we fared in Vietnam and the Middle East. Guerilla warfare folks, plus I believe our military will back us. Those of us who served took an oath to defend our Constitution, not a bunch of millionaire politicians who have corrupted this nation, and that was a lifetime oath.

07-Jul-21
Who voted for candidates belonging to the exact same party that is supported by the HSUS, PETA and ASPCA, all anti hunting groups? I did not.

07-Jul-21
"I vote for individual candidates."

That those candidates follow a party platform must be irrelevant. The party that is supported by eco-terrosists, anti-gun, anti-hunters,.... side step all you want. Your individual gets election $$'s from that party.

07-Jul-21
Anyone who thinks the Democrats would not take away all our guns and hunting rights immediately if they could get away with it is a fool.

07-Jul-21
Apparently there are a lot of fools among our rank. Throw them out of your camps, we do not need them in the hunting fraternity.

07-Jul-21
KS as a real KS put your real name on here?

07-Jul-21
I see Shawn Magyar is back with a new handle (Mafooch).

I'll add my real name as soon as kentuckbowhnter, JohnMC, Dirty Mike, Sito, and all others do as well. Funny you haven't ever asked any of them to post their real names.

My vote against Trump was vindicated on January 6th.

07-Jul-21
"To bad we can't do can't do a bowsite poll on what the run of the mill bowhunters that frequent this site see as the radical. Myself or your pansy a$$... "

'Radical' - having zero tolerance for dissent ? ;-)

07-Jul-21
"My vote against Trump was vindicated on January 6th."

What Does the Idiom ‘Cut Off Your Nose To Spite Your Face’ Mean?

Meaning of the Term. The ‘Cut off your nose to spite your face’ idiom simply means that in trying to bring harm to someone, you’re causing yourself harm too.

07-Jul-21
"My vote against Trump was vindicated on January 6th."

LMAO! And your vote FOR Biden was vindicated by last year's B urn L oot M urder riots?

07-Jul-21
Voting for those who would take your rights and freedoms would seem "vindication" enough..... for those who favor taking your rights and freedoms...

If it's not clear already that in many ways there really are basically two camps as WV stated, you just have to ask yourself if you see the US as sovereign to itself with individual Constitutional rights, America First so to speak. Or if you see the US as just a part of the world, a Globalist who feels the US should fall under a more Globalist rule.

It's clear those in the Globalist corporate world do not see the US as sovereign, if you are looking for Globalist corp to do anything in the US interests you will be looking in vain. There is NO loyalty that exists there, only the nature of man to make themselves more powerful. With the Leftist/Socialist/Communist, that Globalist side is unarguable. It is their only means to power, to subvert the Constitution and deconstruct the US as a sovereign country. Individual rights, free speech, freedom of religion, even gun ownership.... all the antithesis of leftist goals. That is literally in their playbook.

But always remember as justification with all Elitist goals..... it's for your own good.....

07-Jul-21
Freedoms,yep. Wasn’t it the Trump camp calling for Martial Law because they lost the election bigly? Like the ex-national Security Advisor Michael Flynn (also a Qanon idiot who was pardon by Trump). Yeah, that’s who I want in government protecting my freedoms. Give your same ole worn-out BS a rest.

It’s funny you say there are only two camps when it’s independents that decide elections. Yours is truly just steaming hot BS.

08-Jul-21
This post was about a ballot measure in Oregon, where I happen to live.

It would ban the killing of animals for any reason, period.

Farmers would Have to wait for them to die of natural causes to slaughter. It would also obviously Criminalize hunting. As far as I can tell a animal rights activist with pretty much no backing started the process of trying to get enough signatures to get this on the ballot for a vote. I think this is even SO crazy none of the big animal rights groups will put money or resources behind it, but we will see.

Anyone can attempt to get enuff signatures to put just about anything on the ballot for a vote here. The 112,000 signatures required might be doable, but I don’t see this going anywhere.

Just wanted to put a little info about the actual topic since almost none of the posts in this thread are about this topic.

08-Jul-21
Got a link to that call for martial law? Or is it a big steaming pile like the officer beaten to death with a fire extinguisher you folks were shoveling? Or maybe that a bunch of folks were armed? Or AOC was physically threatened..... nearly a block away? Only person killed in that whole mess was an UNARMED lady, a veteran killed by supposedly capitol police who will not even face an inquiry into the event much less any discipline. THAT event was FACT. That event was BURIED. Why?

Or maybe want to rehash the lie the leftist media had to retract where Trump called for clearing the park to go to the church .... you know, the church those "peaceful protesters" set on fire? You guys pile lies on top of lies like "Russian collusion" etc. and not so much as a blush when it's proven to be KNOWING lies. Lies of siding with WS as "very fine people" when you KNOW the prior sentence was denouncing white supremacists.... but that was carefully edited out. But the lies get justified in your twisted brains..... TDS mental disorder....

Facts? Clueless. Being unaware of lies told to you is not a justification for being uninformed. Having no knowledge of Globalism mostly means you have little knowledge of far more than politics or ideologies.

These are the people who would still be subjects of the King in 1776 due to nothing more than their apathy..... or fear and cowardice. It wasn't that there were not two clearly defined sides. They failed to choose a side. But clearly that difference is lost on some....

08-Jul-21
Bowhunt, If it were nothing to do with the ideology and politics of those pushing the measure to ban hunting, etc. I might agree. But it's not random people with no intent, direction or premeditation doing this.

We are living our lives and doing what we have the freedoms to do. Freedoms lost already in a good deal of the world. Never forget we are not trying to take their way of life or freedoms away. I'd say we really couldn't care less how they live their lives. Just leave us alone.

It is they who are attacking us. And should be treated that way. I take such attacks on my way of life, my freedoms, personally. I take them seriously.

Ignoring WHO it really is attacking our rights and lifestyle, even our way of making a living..... IMO is playing to their strong point. Apathy and the view that someone else will take care of it....we don't need to get involved.

08-Jul-21
Anyone supporting today’s Democratic Marxist Party I can’t respect much . See ya

08-Jul-21
Anyone supporting today’s Democratic Marxist Party OR today's Trump-swabbing GOP I can’t respect much.

Neither stands for much beyond "Re-elect me! Send money so I don't have to get a real job! Strong on spending! I really really really care about you! (And keep those dollars coming.)"

As the man said, "A plague o' both your houses! "

08-Jul-21
Dana C - that is laughable. It is however correct for one side. Biden hasn’t held a real job in his working lifetime, so to say he doesn’t want to get a real job - you are correct. But to say Trump doesn’t want to get a real job…take off your leftist glasses and look at what he has done in his life, private sector work - for his entire life. Just once again shows your total and complete leftist bias and blindness to reality. Time for me to go to work.

08-Jul-21
The worst kind of anti hunter is a hunter who votes against the future of hunting. Throw them out of your campfire circle now.

08-Jul-21

KSflatlander's Link
Good post bowhunt.

08-Jul-21
They will get the signatures but it's to big of a bite to go much further

08-Jul-21
I think the reality of what it is was known early on. No surprises really. But, we could all say that if it makes bowhunt feel better.

08-Jul-21
TD, I get what you and some of the others are saying about voting for anyone in the democrat party, and what it is doing all across the country from elected positions all the way at the bottom to the highest elected position. I was just clarifying this is not being pushed by anyone elected at this point. It is literally one crazy animal rights activist that I think is a lawyer from Portland.

I definitely was not thinking just to ignore this. It just seemed like the discussion on the ballot measure had veered completely off track to Trump, January 6th, ect.

Reading back through it all again, I see the progress of the conversation and how it got there. I was just pointing out the conversation wasn’t really about this ballot measure after the first 8-10 posts.

I haven’t really been able to find anymore info about this measure since it was announced, and it appears that one individual guy that is an animal rights activist from Portland started this campaign to get this in the ballot. I would think the only people that would get behind this would be the vegan crowd.

The scary part about this is I believe it is the secretary of states office that writes the voters pamphlet in Oregon. They have a pretty good record of very deceiving voters pamphlets that help measures the governors office are in favor of. If the Governors office is behind something politically, the big money rolls in. Then there are months of deceptive tv ad campaigns, and a deceptive voters pamphlet and they get what they wanted.

08-Jul-21
Facebook is looking pretty intelligent compared to this new Bowsite norm.

08-Jul-21
Hopefully your comment wasn’t directed towards me WapitiBob

As a resident of Oregon I was just hoping to find out more information about a ballot measure that would criminalize hunting in Oregon On a Bowsite thread about the exact Oregon ballot measure that would criminalize hunting in Oregon

Reading the website from the guy that started the initiative I don’t see any endorsement from any other political groups or people. So it appears to not have any backing at this time

Hopefully it stays that way and this goes away

08-Jul-21
One thing I have learned from 15 years of fighting the feds up here is that once it affects the right people, attitudes change fast. When the government hammer comes down, unless one profits off it, we will all be united. Party won’t matter.

08-Jul-21
Old School, Trump inherited more money before he reached puberty than most of us made in our entire working lives. And still decided to be a tax-evading grifter. And to claim that he's a *Republican* - except as a matter of convenience, is an insult to a once-great party. Trump isn't a wart on Ike's or even Reagan's butt. *BOTH* parties stand for big spending and collecting a cut via 'campaign donations', the difference is simply where they shop.

08-Jul-21
"Hopefully your comment wasn’t directed towards me WapitiBob"

nope

08-Jul-21

08-Jul-21
bowhunt, we got off that topic 50 replies ago ;-)

OF COURSE it's stupid. Of course it's radical idiocy. BUT, I'm a 'veteran' of the battle here in Mass. against the notorious 'Proposition One' that effectively ended trapping and bear hunting with hounds here. So I really don't need to be lectured on the dangers of 'ballot questions' by people whose main agenda is pushing partisan politics. It would make more sense to reach out to all those who would be adversely affected by this idiotic initiative instead of bashing people for not toeing some party line.

A lot of Democrats, Libertarians, Greens, Independents etc. are going to find fault with this initiative. Why is it so bloody important to bash them instead of finding common cause with them ON THIS ONE ISSUE ???

08-Jul-21
“ It’s funny you say there are only two camps when it’s independents that decide elections.”

That’s probably the most factual statement in this entire thread. And (JMO) the choices on offer just keep getting worse and worse and worse. Though I’m sure that the Party Faithful” on each side would disagree, which (from out here in the middle of the road) only proves the point.

Both parties are backed by their own sets of complete whack-jobs, whether they want them or not. That will never change. So the argument that says “if you voted for the party that was backed by ______________, you are an imbecile and my enemy”….. you’re putting a lot of good and thoughtful people on your Enemies list for no valid reason.

The proposition I would submit is this: If you believe in the principles of the Republican Party, it’s high time to recognize that the party - especially at the National level - got its ass kicked fair and square. When pressed to defend their lies about the voting machines, Trump’s own lawyers’ best defensive argument was that they were talking such outlandish Crap that they can’t be held responsible for the fact that a bunch of people were fooled enough to believe them.

Yes, Trump got more votes than anyone who had ever lost an election before. (File that with the Department of Dubious Distinctions.) But even MORE more people than EVER got off their butts to keep him out of office.

JMO, if you want to see the GOP survive, you probably ought to consider whether you would rather help elect a “republican” who is somewhere off to the left of your comfort zone, or live with a “democrat” who is well off to the left of the comfort zone of more than half of the people who voted against Trump.

Not against the Party. Against the Individual the party selected as their representative…. although clinging to that individual is proving to continue to drive people away….

If Kasich had gotten the nomination in ‘16, he would still be President today. A wet sock could have beat Biden if it weren’t DJT. But the My Way or the Highway mindset deprived us of that comfort.

Thanks for NOTHING.

08-Jul-21
Double

08-Jul-21
“ A lot of Democrats, Libertarians, Greens, Independents etc. are going to find fault with this initiative. Why is it so bloody important to bash them instead of finding common cause with them ON THIS ONE ISSUE ???”

That’s why Fundamentalism is so incredibly dangerous. It doesn’t matter if they are religious, political, or anything else… The problem with fundamentalists is that if they are wrong about ANYTHING, then that will mean that they are wrong about EVERYTHING. Because everything is outlined in Absolutes.

So they are utterly incapable of ever acknowledging a mistake or taking corrective action.

It ain’t pretty.

09-Jul-21
GF- I could not agree more with both posts. Not surprising you have not got rebuttals.

This Oregon petition is likely going nowhere if it gets on the ballet. That does not in any way mean that it should be ignored but there are many idiot petition like this all the time. The best way to combat this IMO is to talk to non-hunters about the benefits and take them hunting. Or you can "kick them out of your camps." Yeah, that will work and help KEEP public opinion on our side.

09-Jul-21
But KS you felt the need to continue to stir the pot Pathetic

09-Jul-21
Rebuttal to what? Apathy? If you don't care, you don't care. You want me to argue that I don't care if you don't care? But lets not argue? huh. "it's going nowhere, just ignore it...." Cool. Good to see where folks stand. Long as it's not behind me.....

Calling people defending their CURRENT freedoms and rights they enjoy now extremists? wow.

Did I go to these peoples homes and businesses demanding they live their lives my way? Demanding they give me their property? Threaten arrest for defending your life and property when they try to burn it down? Demanding you "say his name" or some other such BS?

And I am the extremist? Guess when no factual logical arguments are winnable the only cards available are broad brush accusations. Extremist! Racist! (fill in the blank)

That corporate/government mandated CRT and sensitivity training with some folks has really sunken in I guess......

Back to the OP.... If NOBODY signs this then (IMO of course, so as not to upset any sensibilities or triggers) there is hope some common sense still exists in this country. But folks will sign it. And, hey, those who do I'm sure are not ideological. That's for extremists who would oppose such things don'cha know. God forbid anyone stand up to defend their God given rights..... buncha meanies....

Some have said it's very possible they get enough signatures to get on the ballot. I remember hearing about legalizing meth and heroin "not having a chance". How did that work out?

This level of insanity and yes, REAL fascism, not the clueless ignorant words mouthed by people who just think it's like calling someone an a-hole.... that level of stupid is scary. But people who bring it up, only thing they are doing is trying to RETAIN their freedoms and rights.... are extremists. Likely racists too I'm told. Members of some super secret white supremacists group I've never heard of or seen but somehow are poised to take over the country. Literally THE largest threat to the United States we are told, by the President you guys voted for.... not China or Russia or other enemies (not a bad deal for just a few million dollars, a President in your back pocket).... but hey, the Big Guy and his Crew aren't on any side or "camp"..... real centrists with no ideology, good grief. Nocking Futts......

Extremists indeed..... As cities across the country burn down from mostly peaceful protests that are not just ignored, literally supported..... I'm sure the supporters really aren't on any "camp"or "side" or anything. Move along, nothing to see here....

And others who's mission seems convincing people it's just rain running down your back....

09-Jul-21
TD count me as an Extremist too...

09-Jul-21
lot of good archery stuff

09-Jul-21
It is funny how us extremist were middle of the road in our ideas just a few years ago and those ideas have not change but all of a sudden we the extremist. But then again the lefties on here never can give examples of policies the right is wanting that is so extreme. It is just orange man bad, or some mystical groups that may or may not exist, but certainly not burning and looting cities or shooting people in the streets like the group on the left such as BLM and antifa.

09-Jul-21
Hey KS, thanks for the f shack.

Let me rephrase it, we got a jar of old mustard, and we got a poodle, and were just gonna get in there and put some .....well, you know KS .

09-Jul-21
If you enjoy hunting yourself...... And, vote for the party that wants to end it for the next generation, you are a selfish loser, whoever you are.

10-Jul-21
Wouldn’t it be easier to just type out “ F you and F your opinion “. Seems way quicker to type, it’s what you are all thinking and it stands as much chance at swaying your opponents argument.

10-Jul-21
Just sayin it like it is. When even hunters vote against hunting, the anti hunting coalition picks up steam. My comments are not at any one person, just the trends in general. The culprits know who they are.

10-Jul-21
My vote against Trump was vindicated on January 6th.

Good lord

12-Jul-21
Well I guess if they ban hunting/fishing the would essentially kill off the DNR and that means no law enforcement. So what it really means is Oregon no longer requires permits for hunting or fishing. Seems like it's a open invitation for many law abiding outdoorsman to become poachers. However, , it's not poaching, poaching is killing game without a license and out of season. If there is no license or season then it's open to all !!!

12-Jul-21
It is sad times for humanity for sure. The group in control now are the leaders of the biggest wack job movement we have seen. It is blasted into homes of those who watch the media nowadays all the time. It makes me sick those who hunt/fish/trap actually voted for this group and opened pandora's box. They are going to push this everywhere now that they have there party in office and the media will advertise for them. Very sad times for sure.

• Sitka Gear