rattling_junkie 14-Jul-21
'Ike' (Phone) 14-Jul-21
Shiras42 15-Jul-21
APauls 15-Jul-21
Treeline 15-Jul-21
Ron Niziolek 16-Jul-21
08-Jul-21
Its all on the table.

They sold the company I work for and I will be unemployed for the month of August (I have already accepted a position with a new company starting in September). I will be getting a decent severance so throw some August hunt ideas out there. I already have a Nebraska antelope hunt planned. Other ideas I've had so far is if the border opens to run up to Canada for a bear hunt somewhere. Cancellation baited brown bear hunt if I can find one. I need more ideas!

08-Jul-21
Florida gator season starts in August...

08-Jul-21
Caribou

08-Jul-21
I hunt shade in August.

08-Jul-21
I don't know if you could find a tag. Possibly a landowner type tag?? But I high county muley deer hunt would be awesome. I agree with Nick on Caribou also.

08-Jul-21
Fall bear season opens August 1st in Oregon

Over the counter tag that’s good in most of the state

08-Jul-21
Ca deer!

08-Jul-21
Sitka blacktail in Alaska would be a top choice for me, but my wife, a couple of buddies, and I already have antelope tags for Wyoming.

08-Jul-21
Sitka blacktail in Alaska would be a top choice for me, but my wife, a couple of buddies, and I already have antelope tags for Wyoming.

08-Jul-21
Caribou sounds good! Book it up!!

08-Jul-21
^.....a Kodiak hunt/fish combo would be cool. I think the bow season opens in August and the silvers are coming in too.

08-Jul-21
Colorado Pronghorn

08-Jul-21
Sheep, sheep, sheep!!!!!

Kinda late for this august through probably.

—-Jim

08-Jul-21
Keep'em coming, but caribou is starting to gain momentum in my head... I need to do some more looking but are there a few outfitters that do fall baited brown/grizz hunts? I should also mention I shoot trad, not that it matters the animal but I try to stay inside of 25yds.

08-Jul-21
Oh, and I already have an ID bear tag in hand so could always run out there with an outfitter this time since I struck out in the spring.

08-Jul-21
S.D. N.W. corner, Antelope (no draw) order tag online., OTC Mule Deer/Elk out west (Co.). Hogs in Texas or Ok..

08-Jul-21
Lots of good options already. Coues deer in Arizona is another option. I wouldn't be surprised if bowsite sponsor Ward's could squeeze you in if you're looking for an outfitter.

08-Jul-21
I just caught a last minute caribou hunt for my son and I. If you don’t get a hunt, I would be in Alaska fishing, or just enjoying the summer up north.

I’ll be practicing what I preach. Good luck!

08-Jul-21
Another vote for caribou…..Unless you fall into a cancellation big bear hunt!

08-Jul-21
Go North young man!!! I dang sure know where I would go if I could be gone the month of August… with fly rods and a longbow;-)

Ping Nick. He may be able to pull a rabbit out of the hat for a bear outfitter if you can swing it… Combine that with caribou and silvers, and maybe pike, rainbows, grayling, black bears, Kodiak deer, just being there in August…Heaven on earth!

Might never come back!!!

09-Jul-21
NorCal black bear and deer combo would be an option. Unfortunately the bear is a more likely target than deer.

09-Jul-21
NorCal black bear and deer combo would be an option. Unfortunately the bear is a more likely target than deer.

09-Jul-21
Antelope, California deer

09-Jul-21
oh man! What a blessing and cool turn of events for you! Enjoy the month off, make the most of it.

09-Jul-21
Velvet Whitetail in South Carolina

09-Jul-21
California A Zone for blacktails actually opens this weekend...during record high temps.

09-Jul-21
bargains on fleabay

09-Jul-21

Zebrakiller's embedded Photo
Zebrakiller's embedded Photo
TEXAS AXIS DEER

09-Jul-21
What's your maximum budget? Archery only? I'm thinking the Canada and Alaska options are looking good. Are you in shape?

09-Jul-21
I’m not thinking the Canada options are looking very good at all.

10-Jul-21
August is for sheep hunting.

10-Jul-21
Forget Canada, the border is way to iffy. I’d go multi state antelope.

10-Jul-21
NV mule deer in the Ruby Mountains might be an option if there are any tags left over after the second draw. The results of the second draw have been announced so if there are any tags available that’ll be announced soon.

10-Jul-21
Tennessee velvet season 3 day hunt last of August Good luck Lewis

10-Jul-21
A swimming pool with a bar--------------to hot

10-Jul-21
For everyone mentioning whitetails, look at his trophy pics. I can’t imagine a guy from Nebraska with some nice deer on the wall wanting to pursue a 100” dink in the SE.

But a 100” Sitka Blacktail, now we’re talking.

10-Jul-21
Contact as many sources as possible for cancellation hunts.....and see what offers you receive. Prioritize accordingly to your personal tastes....

10-Jul-21
Matt, forgot to ask you how the bear hunt went. I think it was cold and rainy about then.

There are some August elk hunts here in Idaho, but you would have to have a tag already, and it would be like hunting antelope around hay fields.

14-Jul-21
Come hunt South Carolina. It is a nice, 95 degrees and 98% humidity. The ticks, cottonmouth and mosquitoes are very hospitable.

Seriously...I gave that non-sense up 20 years ago. Our deer are too small. We do get a few decent bucks here and there but in August there is generally little breeze, you will stink and they will get shy within a day or two of pressuring them.

14-Jul-21
Bad berry year in Manitoba is shaping up to be a great fall bear hunt.

14-Jul-21
Early morning and late evenings…

15-Jul-21
Sorry all, been out camping and fishing for a few days. I am not in that good of shape right now (knew I wasn't going elk hunting this year so haven't been doing my usual workouts)...So something like a sheep hunt is out of the question. My budget is probably $10-12k for the hunt part only, but for something spectacular I could stretch that a little. Would love the baited brownie or griz hunt but if I am reading the AK regs correctly the only place open to that in August is in the McGrath area. Anyway, have a funeral to go to head out to so will be back in a few days and then I am going to nail it down.

15-Jul-21
Alaska Caribou.

15-Jul-21
For that budget, caribou, blacktails, and black bear hunts. Silvers and rainbows in the streams and a boat trip for halibut…

16-Jul-21
I agree with Tavis. See what you can work out in Alaska.

• Sitka Gear