wytex 17-Sep-21
Medicinemann 17-Sep-21
Aspen Ghost 17-Sep-21
Rickm 17-Sep-21
Straight Shooter 17-Sep-21
13-Jul-21
Looking for any information for unit 6 bull moose tag I drew thanks in advance

13-Jul-21
Wy, Co, Mt, Maine, Ut, Vermont, New Hampshire……??????

13-Jul-21
If unit 6 in CO, pretty simple. Drive and glass and find a bull, talk to elk hunters in their camps about where they're seeing bulls, stay on him, and kill him in the first couple days before he spooks and you never see him again. The bulls are pretty much in their summer drainages now, so time to start looking. Where they are now is very likely where they will be when your season opens unless spooked out of the country.

13-Jul-21
Huntcell you read my mind. Alaska maybe?

20-Jul-21
You may find some access easier from Highway 130, Laramie side.

20-Jul-21
Wow, nice tag....no doubt right up there among the best Shiras Moose tags in the entire west. Are you bow-hunting exclusively? If you can't scout, you might consider going with an outfitter like Scott Limmer of CWO, or others, who can put you on the kind of bull that tag deserves. Hopefully this is not a drive-by post and you will come back here and share the results of your hunt later. Congrats again on your good fortune!

21-Jul-21
No guide or outfitters needed for that tag. Be patient and you'll find a big bull, or whatever you want to shoot.

21-Jul-21
Cvohunts,

Are you bowhunting? Are you familiar with any of the unit? Have you done any scouting yet? If you have or when you have send me a pm and I can try and help.

17-Sep-21

Cvohunts's embedded Photo
Connected
Cvohunts's embedded Photo
Connected

17-Sep-21
Great work, such a unique experience. Congrats!

17-Sep-21
Congrats on your bull, Cvo! Still unclear as to which state this was in. Colorado or Wyoming?

17-Sep-21
Nice ! I believe Colorado is the state.

17-Sep-21
Are you required to wear orange during the moose archery season....or is that a personal preference?

17-Sep-21
Looks like a Colorado tag on the antler. The Colorado muzzleloader season overlaps the archery season and the nature of moose hunting is that there could be multiple hunters pursuing the same bull. Probably a good idea to wear orange in some areas. Would hate to stalk within 20 yards of a bull only to have a muzzie hunter blast it over my shoulder or from the opposite side.

Of course the OP never stated he was archery hunting and no weapon is in the picture so it may be that he was muzzleloader hunting in which case the orange is required.

17-Sep-21
This is a flyby post.

17-Sep-21
Hilarious, never gets old.

• Sitka Gear