Pronghorn
Contributors to this thread:
BUCKeye 14-Jul-21
JohnMC 14-Jul-21
pav 14-Jul-21
BUCKeye 14-Jul-21
JohnMC 14-Jul-21
14-Jul-21
Through poor planning and execution on my part, I have a WY 23-2 antelope tag and a non refundable flight to Gillette arriving Aug 26 and departing Aug 31. I had an outfitted hunt scheduled for that time frame but it is getting bumped to 2022 since the tags sold out unexpectedly and my buddy didn't get a tag. That leaves me with a plane ticket and tag but no plan B. It would take too much extra time for me to skip the plane and drive, so that is out. I don't know if I want to invest in renting a car at GCC, buying a blind and camping supplies there and scouting and pulling this off DIY in 4 days....not opposed to it...but also wanted to throw this out there in case anyone is aware of an outfitted opportunity. Thanks

14-Jul-21
Why can't you keep your spot with outfitter and bump him to 2022 and you book then also? Since it sound you are not opposed to buying a hunt both years?

14-Jul-21
There is an outfitter advertising WY 23 archery hunts on gohunt.com.

https://www.gohunt.com/wy-unit-23-archery-antelope-hunt-private-fully-outfitted

14-Jul-21
John- I may do that. The outfitter has been very accommodating and allowed us to bump to 2022. He wasn't planning to hold camp for just me this year, so I am considering other options to help him. He is willing to host just me, so I may end up doing that. Thanks

14-Jul-21
Gotcha - make it easy on him. Pay him a trespass fee. Get a motel and buy your own meals. Use his blinds and spots. Could be a good deal for you both.

• Sitka Gear